shawndoc

Thailand Specific Quetsions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Got some questions:

1. Can the police report be done via the mail, or must it be done in person in Bangkok?

2. For the medical evaluation, how far in advance of the medical date does it need to be done?

3. For question 20 on the DS-230, what do you do if she lived in several cities, but for less than 6 months? Just leave a "hole" in the timeline?

4. For questions 22 on the DS-230, I don't think she can honestly remember every place she worked for the last 10 years. She works at beauty salons, and is constantly switching between them as her friends leave or the shop shuts down and a new owner takes over. I'm just going to assume a "best effort" should be enough? Put jobs that don't have room on the form on a "supplemental"?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Got some questions:

1. Can the police report be done via the mail, or must it be done in person in Bangkok?

2. For the medical evaluation, how far in advance of the medical date does it need to be done?

3. For question 20 on the DS-230, what do you do if she lived in several cities, but for less than 6 months? Just leave a "hole" in the timeline?

4. For questions 22 on the DS-230, I don't think she can honestly remember every place she worked for the last 10 years. She works at beauty salons, and is constantly switching between them as her friends leave or the shop shuts down and a new owner takes over. I'm just going to assume a "best effort" should be enough? Put jobs that don't have room on the form on a "supplemental"?

1. Has to go in person and present her passport and sign some forms.

2. Not sure, I had my fiancee do hers a week ago and her interview is not until May 29th.

3. List them all, do a supplemental page if needed.

4. List all possible, do a supplemental page if needed.

Chok dee!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
For #1, how long after going does it take to get the actual report? Do they mail it, or does she have to go back to pick it up?

When my fiancee went to get hers, they told her she could pick it up in a few days. She ended up picking it up a week later since she was going to visit her sister in Koh Samet. Most people have been told that they will mail it to them in a few weeks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
For #1, how long after going does it take to get the actual report? Do they mail it, or does she have to go back to pick it up?

She doesn't have to come pick it up in person. She can make a request for them to mail the police report to her and pays some fee (about 30+ bahts - I don't remember well).

For the medical thing, she can wait until it's close to her interview to get it done. It takes about 3-4 hours at the hospital and everything will be done, so she doesn't have to wait for the results to be mailed to her or pick up anything later. If I remember correctly (someone please corrects me if I'm worng), the medical thing is valid for 6 months. The closer to the interview, the better since she can use that medical for her AOS here in the States.

For her residence, I would try my best to list all I could remember on a separate sheet of paper. She may need to explain as to why there are some "windows" about her residence. Approximation is fine. It doesn't have to be exact.

Good luck (F)

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.