shakermaker

police certificate

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hiya im from the uk and applied for my police certificate around 40 days ago, i got a letter with a blue band at the top and the bottom come back from the national indentification service. it Says -

"Section 7 data protection act 1998-Subject access"

"person record: prosecution/conviction"

then goes on to say "from the details supplied in your request there is no info held about you in the person record category of the police national computer.

then its signed and dated with my address.

Is the the police certificate??? or something else they have sent me...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes, It is telling you and the consulate there is no criminal record.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
hiya im from the uk and applied for my police certificate around 40 days ago, i got a letter with a blue band at the top and the bottom come back from the national indentification service. it Says -

"Section 7 data protection act 1998-Subject access"

"person record: prosecution/conviction"

then goes on to say "from the details supplied in your request there is no info held about you in the person record category of the police national computer.

then its signed and dated with my address.

Is the the police certificate??? or something else they have sent me...

That is the correct certificate yes. Bit of an anti-climax I know. This certificate is good until 15th August 2008 according to the rules for obtaining police certificates on the Embassy website.

They recently changed the instructions, so don't panic if you see requests for an ACPO certificate at a cost of £35.

Timeline

Shaker please could you fill out your timeline and indicate which visa you are applying for. There may be some differences in rules on the certificate depending on which visa you are applying for. I wish the embassy would be clearer on this. We are trying here to assess whether the old certificate is acceptable and under what circumstances.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Shaker please could you fill out your timeline and indicate which visa you are applying for. There may be some differences in rules on the certificate depending on which visa you are applying for. I wish the embassy would be clearer on this. We are trying here to assess whether the old certificate is acceptable and under what circumstances.

The NVC rejected it. 2 women on phone at NVC said it had to be the new one. They are holding our packet at nvc until they get it.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

The NVC rejected it. 2 women on phone at NVC said it had to be the new one. They are holding our packet at nvc until they get it.

I've just escalated to a supervisor and she is going to order our file from that dept. and talk to the manager. According to the computer screen she was looking at, the blue-banded form is *supposed* to be acceptable at the NVC through 15 April 2008. I am to call her Monday and find out why they aren't accepting ours.

Timeline

I've just escalated to a supervisor and she is going to order our file from that dept. and talk to the manager. According to the computer screen she was looking at, the blue-banded form is *supposed* to be acceptable at the NVC through 15 April 2008. I am to call her Monday and find out why they aren't accepting ours.

Ok, good info! We've heard this April date mentioned before. Thanks for updating us. Hope it works out in your favour.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/add_crime.html

This link for the US Embassy says August for non-immigrant visas so I am going to print it and use it to wave in their face if they contest it...

How come NVC rejected it? I thought we were done with NVC once they sent the packet to the embassy..???

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.