Texanbybirth

Birth Certificate Question

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Alright all you Canadians, I need help. Dan has two copies of his birth certificate. One is a small card in his wallet. The other is a small card, but it lists his mother, father, their signatures, information on his weight, and such. Is this the long form birth certificate we need for his interview? Also has anyone else had to get a long form birth certificate from Alberta and know how much it will cost if this certificate he has is not the correct one?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They want the legal sized paper (at least they did for my husband) you can order yours online I'll see if I can find the site for you.

http://governmentservices.gov.ab.ca/vs/bir...ertificates.cfm

Edited by Mr&Mrs2859

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
They want the legal sized paper (at least they did for my husband) you can order yours online I'll see if I can find the site for you.

THat is not the long form that the consulate needs. THey need the Photocopy of Registration of Birth. It's available here

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

you won't get a photocopy, you'll get a certified copy

it will be a copy of the birth registration form his parent's filled out

I went to the registrar's office (Ontario), think it was $30 something and it came registered mail within a week

I am not sure how long it takes Alberta. My fiance got his in Winnipeg and took about 6 weeks to get in the mail.

Good Luck!

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
you won't get a photocopy, you'll get a certified copy

it will be a copy of the birth registration form his parent's filled out

I went to the registrar's office (Ontario), think it was $30 something and it came registered mail within a week

mine just looked like my birth certificate only bigger, other then that the only major difference was that it listed my parent's names.....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
wow, mine was legal size, yellow and it listed my parent's info, the hospital, dtr. etc.

my kids were exactly the same plus they all had one of those stamps that made an impression on the page

probably different provinces have different versions of the long form birth Certificate... I was born in Manitoba...

Mine was big, about the size of our marriage certificate....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

See that is my question. He has the one that is a card that he carries in his wallet and then he has the one they gave his mother. It has his parents listed on it, his birth weight, the hospital, their signatures, and such, but it's almost the same size as the card one he can carry in his wallet?????

wow, mine was legal size, yellow and it listed my parent's info, the hospital, dtr. etc.

my kids were exactly the same plus they all had one of those stamps that made an impression on the page

same for mine from Sask...took about 10 days to get it to me in BC, and it cost $10.00.

AOS, EAD, AP, filed on Feb 8, 2006

NOA received Feb 18, 2006

Biometrics done on Apr 21, at St. Paul office..wait some more......

Touched on April 24 and 28

email aproval for AP on May 1

email approval for EAD on May 3

received AP on May 3

received EAD in mail on May 8

start work of June 1

AOS interview in Bloomington on July 19 8am

AOS approved,passport stamped on July 19

as of Dec 10, 2006 still no greencard....waiting and waiting....USCIS says we are approved, and check back in 60 days...no idea what is happening

Dec 18, email stating welcome letter is in the mail

Dec 20, 5 emails saying they ordered production of my new card......

Dec 24...welcome to America letter in the snail mail

Dec 26...GC in hand and all is correct...

NOTE TO SELF..file to lift conditions 04/19/08

04/22/08 filed to lift conditions

05/01/08 package returned wrong form

05/05/08 re-submitted right form to california

05/09/08 cheque cashed

05/13/08 NOA

05/19/08 appointment letter for biometrics received..appointment on 05/28/08 at 11 am at USCIS St. Paul

05/28/08 took my two appointment letters and had my fingerprints done

11/13/08 touched and email stating card production ordered and will be sent to me in 30 days

11/21/08 GC in hand no mistakes expires 11/13/18

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
See that is my question. He has the one that is a card that he carries in his wallet and then he has the one they gave his mother. It has his parents listed on it, his birth weight, the hospital, their signatures, and such, but it's almost the same size as the card one he can carry in his wallet?????

The long form will be on legal size paper... what they got at the hospital was probably a hospital BC and is not a legal document... The "Photocopy of Registration of Birth" is the one that they want.

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

My long form from Sk isnt on legal size paper!! The big difference is that it should have your parents names andf their place of birth!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
So should I call the consulate and ask them? I'd hate to spend any more money that is necessary and if the birth certificate he has is adequate, I would like to know in advance. :)

that probably is your best bet....

all I know is that they want the birth certificate with your parents names on it and where you born

mine was called "Certificate of Birth"

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.