dic890

big mistake on 129 did not catch before it was sent to hcmc

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hello everyone on vj,

I had my 129f paperwork done by a center that assist in filing for u but they are not responsible for errors for a fee.

So, i had them fill out the form 129f and gave them all the info and then week later they called me back to sign so they can mail it. I did not go through the document. Look at first page and sign last page. On question#11 the they check off (no) that she has never been to USA. But on question 18 the most important one they type in the wrong information. It states that we were introduce by a family member when she was studying here in USA as a foreign exchange student. The correct statement should be: we were introduce by family friend when they were visiting from out of state. And that we have bee emailing and calling each other since jan 2006 and I have visited her twice since then and had an official engagement party in HCMC. And are getting wedding invitations ordered and relatives have been inform of future wedding here in USA so they will save vacation to attend.

Can anyone on VJ help and how to remedy this situation because we can waiting for her interview date after I got a copy for the place I had type up the 129f form and saw this. Because they sent her paper to turn in her ds-230 and ask for me to turn in I-134 affidavit of support. I am so scare and have not been able to sleep for a week. I heard if they think u lied on the form they will close the case and deny future petition because it has been flag in the USA and Vietnam database. I think if there is nothing to do I will have a heart attack.

If you have help information please let me know

thank you

next time I will have a lawyer take care any documents this important

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When they get around to reading it, which may be a little bit, They should just send out a letter called RFE where they will ask you to explain. You can be pretty sure that one is coming so you can get your answer ready. You may not know exactly how they will word it but draft up an answer to the error.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Timeline
hello everyone on vj,

I had my 129f paperwork done by a center that assist in filing for u but they are not responsible for errors for a fee.

So, i had them fill out the form 129f and gave them all the info and then week later they called me back to sign so they can mail it. I did not go through the document. Look at first page and sign last page. On question#11 the they check off (no) that she has never been to USA. But on question 18 the most important one they type in the wrong information. It states that we were introduce by a family member when she was studying here in USA as a foreign exchange student. The correct statement should be: we were introduce by family friend when they were visiting from out of state. And that we have bee emailing and calling each other since jan 2006 and I have visited her twice since then and had an official engagement party in HCMC. And are getting wedding invitations ordered and relatives have been inform of future wedding here in USA so they will save vacation to attend.

Can anyone on VJ help and how to remedy this situation because we can waiting for her interview date after I got a copy for the place I had type up the 129f form and saw this. Because they sent her paper to turn in her ds-230 and ask for me to turn in I-134 affidavit of support. I am so scare and have not been able to sleep for a week. I heard if they think u lied on the form they will close the case and deny future petition because it has been flag in the USA and Vietnam database. I think if there is nothing to do I will have a heart attack.

If you have help information please let me know

thank you

next time I will have a lawyer take care any documents this important

Timeline
When they get around to reading it, which may be a little bit, They should just send out a letter called RFE where they will ask you to explain. You can be pretty sure that one is coming so you can get your answer ready. You may not know exactly how they will word it but draft up an answer to the error.

Will the US embassy in Vietnam send me a RFE or the NVC because my case is sent to US embassy in Vietnam because i have yet to see anything. Because as of now my girlfriend soon to be wife has sent in her ds-230 that US embassy has requested in Vietnam and i sent my I-134 to her so she can have it ready for you interview date when she recieve it

Timeline

I'm assumming from your post that you have recieved your Packet 3 from the HCMC. You haven't filled out a timeline here yet so I don't know where you are in the process. If you have recieved the Packet 3, you have two choices, one is get a lawyer who is familiar with HCMC to help you or contact the Consulate yourself and explain what happened to an American CO not one of the Vietnamese employees. Before contacting them you need to get a notatorized letter from the company that prepared your documents that verifies what happened.

The biggest problem you have is that you signed the I-129f without reading it. You, not the person/company filling out the form, are responsible for what the form says. If the company that prepared your documents is willing to state in the notatorized letter that you didn't read the form before signing it nor before you sent it in because you signed the form in front of them, you will have a much better chance of convincing the Consulate. You also should get notatorized letters from the family friend, any one else who was present when you were introduced and your fiancee. They should all agree on the actual events as they did happen. Of course they shoudl be independantly written and not a form letter that each signed.

If you have yet to recieve your NOA1 or NOA2 you need to contact the USCIS and ask them to amend your I-129f. They will (like the Consulate) ask you to submit a statement explaining what happened and why. They will also want you to submit evidence to prove what you say is correct. That would be the notatorized letters. It would be much better to fix the problem in this stage than at the Consulate.

Whether you contact a lawyer or not, what happened should not cause you from getting the visa because you are stepping forward and correctly the error as soon as you realized what happened. Of course this is just my opinion based on what you have posted. I'm not a lawyer.

This may delay your process but don't give up and you wil be joined with your fiancee.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Write a noterized letter to HCMC to explain what happened and what should be on the petition. You can do this before they even get around to reviewing it. I had to write one explaining my place of birth. Just rememeber to reference your SO, case#, ect.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.