w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Obama to be on Olbermann at 8pm tonight to address the Rev. Wright issue

71 posts in this topic

Why? Do you honestly think that this isn't a problem for him?

Well someone is REALLY desperate to make problems for the man apparently.

I don't think voters are that dumb.

Do you even remember what happened in the last election? Or any election?

Seriously, this stuff would have come out if Obama had sewn up the nomination on Super Tuesday, and it would be a problem for him not matter what whether you like it or not.

90day.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I think it's a stretch that Rev, Wright only talked about his political views once in 20 years...

Is that what you read? Because that's not what I wrote.

If Wright talked like this often then Obama would have known about it from others. So, then only actually hearing it himself once would be less relevant.

But hasn't Obama said on record that he doesn't always agree with what the pastor says?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Seriously, this stuff would have come out if Obama had sewn up the nomination on Super Tuesday, and it would be a problem for him not matter what whether you like it or not.

THAT dumb... plus I remind you of the actual results from the last election, AND the 2000 election.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Timeline

I just ran into this online. What do you think?

The more controversy around Obama’s Christian pastor, and his refusal to throw him under the bus, the less Obama will have to beat back the (more potentially destructive, ‘though false) Muslim smears in the fall. One might even say that the Wright controversy is, for Obama, a gift from a god that “speaks in mysterious ways.”

Once again, people are worrying too much about “what might offend others,” a signature of 1970s, 1980s and 1990s politics. But beyond the partisan feigners of outrage, or the “concern trolls” fretting aloud about how “others” could be turned off, who is really offended out there?

We’re in the 21st Century now, when a certain amount of crazy is expected from all religious leaders.

http://ruralvotes.com/thefield/?p=893

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

THAT dumb... plus I remind you of the actual results from the last election, AND the 2000 election.

Yes, the Republicans won. There was a lot of innuendo in the campaign, a lot of people believed it.

I honestly can't believe you don't think this issue is going to be a problem. I'm not saying it's right, just that like the Troll says it's all about perception.

Which is why Obama needs to have his Sister Souljah moment, and it's not going to be easy for him.

The more controversy around Obama’s Christian pastor, and his refusal to throw him under the bus, the less Obama will have to beat back the (more potentially destructive, ‘though false) Muslim smears in the fall. One might even say that the Wright controversy is, for Obama, a gift from a god that “speaks in mysterious ways.”

Once again, people are worrying too much about “what might offend others,” a signature of 1970s, 1980s and 1990s politics. But beyond the partisan feigners of outrage, or the “concern trolls” fretting aloud about how “others” could be turned off, who is really offended out there?

We’re in the 21st Century now, when a certain amount of crazy is expected from all religious leaders.

I would like to think it was true and everyone could be grown-up about politics. Experience of every election since 1988 tells me otherwise.

90day.jpg

Timeline

Let us try and remember the cause of the logic that makes any dissent in America automatically wrong and dangerous for the entire nation. And how that strikes fear into each and every Red Blooded American that is Patriotic to the Core.

Filed: Timeline
Let us try and remember the cause of the logic that makes any dissent in America automatically wrong and dangerous for the entire nation. And how that strikes fear into each and every Red Blooded American that is Patriotic to the Core.

Elections aren't conducive to that kind of analysis.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

Yes, the Republicans won. There was a lot of innuendo in the campaign, a lot of people believed it.

I honestly can't believe you don't think this issue is going to be a problem. I'm not saying it's right, just that like the Troll says it's all about perception.

Which is why Obama needs to have his Sister Souljah moment, and it's not going to be easy for him.

I would like to think it was true and everyone could be grown-up about politics. Experience of every election since 1988 tells me otherwise.

I didn't say the problem would be for him. He most definitely stands to lose in people's and hence voters' minds as long as he does not present a calm front to the fear mongering that has become common place in this season.

What I truly believe is that he will be able to float above the riff raff by very calmly pointing out that this latest barrage of attack is nothing more and nothing less than more of the same. And people that are either fed up of the ####### as well as those that never fell for it will agree as well as those that can think for themselves.

As for earlier elections... well... there's always a reminder of people's past blunders. And not all went with it in terms of demographics when you particularly compare it to the current projections for voter turnout.

Elections aren't conducive to that kind of analysis.

Unfortunately true Mr Troll :(

Logic is not exactly deeply entrenched in the electoral psyche all that much. I mean, we keep electing bozos all the time and I hope that this time around we've begun to catch a whiff of our own idiocy before we elect another bozo.

Senator Obama will also be on Hannity at 9pm EDT.

I just saw him on MSNBC... he came across as flustered and weak.

I'll have to watch H&C - I'm not sure Obama will do well with someone as combative as Hannity. I always thought he looked a bit weak in the earlier debates with both Clinton and Edwards.

90day.jpg

May I remind you all that this sort of thing has happend before.

Democrats Seek Condemnation of Bob Jones University

By Bob Melvin

CNS Evening Editor

29 February, 2000

(CNSNews.com) - Democrats pushed for a resolution on Tuesday to condemn Bob Jones University, the Christian school in South Carolina that has been at the core of an uproar involving GOP presidential candidate George W Bush.

The resolution, introduced in both the House and the Senate, is likely to cause a partisan fight with Republicans, most of whom are backing the Texas governor.

Wire services report that Bush has been under fire since he appeared at the school while campaigning for the South Carolina primary earlier this month.

Bob Jones III, the university's president, has an essay on the Bob Jones University Web site that describes Roman Catholicism and Mormonism as "cults which call themselves Christian." The school bans interracial dating among its students.

Last week, Bush expressed regret that he did not denounce the school's ideology at the time of his appearance.

"'My regret is that I didn't speak out against anti-Catholic bias when I had the opportunity to do so. I had the mike," Bush said on Tuesday during an appearance at a Catholic family center in Cleveland.

Democrats insisted lawmakers have a duty to denounce the school. Some complained that Bush's apology didn't go far enough because he did not address the school's position on minorities.

"I think it's important for the Congress of the United States to have the last word," said Senator Robert Torricelli (D-NJ).

Added Senator Harry Reid (D-NV), "George W Bush's stop at Bob Jones University has turned over a rock under which has lived all sorts of bigoted practices."

However, Republicans still accused Democrats of partisan politics and vowed to keep the matter off the floor.

"We're not going to vote on it," Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott (R-OK) told reporters on Tuesday. "We're not going to get into the primaries. We're not going to play games with the presidential primaries in the United States Senate."

House Majority Leader ####### Armey accused Democrats of engaging in "sheer partisan demagoguery."

Several GOP lawmakers have connections with the school. They are Representatives Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Asa Hutchinson (R-AR) and Senator John Ashcroft (R-MO). Each legislator received an honorary degree from the school last year. Hutchinson and his brother, Senator Tim Hutchinson (R-AK) are Bob Jones University graduates.

GOP leaders already are dealing with a dispute over their decision to bypass a Catholic priest and nominate a Protestant minister as chaplain of the House of Representatives. Some Democrats and Catholics have accused Republicans of an anti-Catholic bias, noting that the House has never had a Catholic chaplain.

The chaplain issue is in limbo as lawmakers seek a compromise.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPrint.asp?Page=...L20000229h.html

I'll have to watch H&C - I'm not sure Obama will do well with someone as combative as Hannity.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see. But I gotta give him props for coming on H&C at all.

Well, I guess he knows he needs to reach beyond the Olbermann audience to win the white house.

I don't like Al Sharpton but he ######-slapped Hannity earlier in the week on this issue. I don't really see Obama as the combative type in these situations.

90day.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'll have to watch H&C - I'm not sure Obama will do well with someone as combative as Hannity.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see. But I gotta give him props for coming on H&C at all.

Ya, he's got balls to do that.