violet25

Inconsistency somewhere?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After reading the feedbacks of the people who called the USEM today I just remember what my fiancé has to say about the Filipino system, style and mentality.

1.The cab drivers in Manila doesn’t put down their meters unless if asked and some will insist to be paid by a specific amount. What’s the use of the meter? Some will give you a Manila tour so they can charge you high especially if they will notice that you aren’t from Manila.

2.Hotels has different tariff rates for foreigners as well as to some restor bar in Cebu.

3.If you dress nice the hotel, restaurant, malls staffs greets you and treats you good…make you sure you are comfortable in their place and you have everything you need. Some will just greet the foreigner as if you weren’t with them or were you invisible? hahahha

4.Calling USCIS and NVC is free of charge while USEM in Manila is charging so high.

5.And most of all, how can my friend complete her K1 processing and is already in States without having her papers verified at the NSO she was never asked to pay and she didn’t attend the CFO seminar that is required to every fiance’/fiancée. How lucky she was! Hassle free process. Ohh yes, she flew just a month ago.

Timeline

Hahahah my fiance' call it " FILIPINO SHUFFLE " . Its such ashame....Im a Filipino but thats something undeniable. Im originally from Cebu and one way that pisses me in Manila is the cab drivers...thats kindda like a strict rule for passengers from outside Manila. I guess cabs in Manila are starting to give receipts...but not sure.

Hahahah my fiance' call it " FILIPINO SHUFFLE " . Its such ashame....Im a Filipino but thats something undeniable. Im originally from Cebu and one way that pisses me in Manila is the cab drivers...thats kindda like a strict rule for passengers from outside Manila. I guess cabs in Manila are starting to give receipts...but not sure.

Yes the one thing I don't like in Manila are the cab drivers who are rude and those taxi drivers who don't charge passengers by the meter. They don't have respect :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

After reading the feedbacks of the people who called the USEM today I just remember what my fiancé has to say about

5.And most of all, how can my friend complete her K1 processing and is already in States without having her papers verified at the NSO she was never asked to pay and she didn’t attend the CFO seminar that is required to every fiance’/fiancée. How lucky she was! Hassle free process. Ohh yes, she flew just a month ago.

The Document verification just actually started, but without the CFO Seminar? Hmmmmm, I find that very surprising, you might want to ask her again because one cannont leave the Philippines without the CFO Seminar and Stamp if she is under a K1 visa. The Philippine immigration is very strict about it, in fact I know two girls who were denied departure because they didnt have the CFO stamp. BUT, if indeed she didnt have one, wow, what a lucky girl. :)

It is what it is in the Philippines. . just like the saying " When you are in Rome" take it or leave it , lol. Wherever you go, there is always bad and good in a country.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

After reading the feedbacks of the people who called the USEM today I just remember what my fiancé has to say about the Filipino system, style and mentality.

1.The cab drivers in Manila doesn’t put down their meters unless if asked and some will insist to be paid by a specific amount. What’s the use of the meter? Some will give you a Manila tour so they can charge you high especially if they will notice that you aren’t from Manila.

2.Hotels has different tariff rates for foreigners as well as to some restor bar in Cebu.

3.If you dress nice the hotel, restaurant, malls staffs greets you and treats you good…make you sure you are comfortable in their place and you have everything you need. Some will just greet the foreigner as if you weren’t with them or were you invisible? hahahha

4.Calling USCIS and NVC is free of charge while USEM in Manila is charging so high.

In addendum to this post, I have to say that the USE in Manila is NEITHER an agency nor a department of the Philippine Government. In fact, inside the USEM is actually American territory so all the rules and policies therein are governed by the American government, not the Philippines'. Also the calling charges apply to all the US embassies all over the world and not only the Philippines.

USCIS and NVC are located here, so I dont think people will be happy if you call and be charged.

Just my opinion.

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

taxi in manila is the worst, makes me sick! im from cdo and the moment you take a seat they will automatically run the meter, no questions ask whether you're a foreigner or not. (except in the airport coz its a different thing which is understandable) but just around the city they will never make a contract or blindsided you that ones the taxi is running, they will suddenly drop the price without running the meter. gosh especially that im with a white guy who shines so darn obvious lol (he's a cute one too lol)... from roxas (bayview hote) we hale a taxi and they let us in and once the taxi was running he suddenly told us that its P1000 to makati! wth!!! we were like "no freakin way" and we argue and he stop in the gasoline station and started taking our luggage out of his car... :angry: we hale another taxi and asked him before we got in to run his meter and he said ok but asking for extra (we said yes we'll give him a tip if he run his meter)... but still he doesnt want to drive us in makati and my husband was so frustrated already that he just decided to just take us to the heritage hotel and spend there for a night before our flight to naga... what a nightmare!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

Its is so true that store staffs in Philippines are so impolite. I have been to some asian countries as a part of my work. And whenever I go shopping I cant help to feel like Im Victoria Beckham that is greeted by all sales person and being asked how they can assist me. Nowhere in HK, China, Macau and Dubai you can find hotels and restaurants that has different rates for foreigners. For the cabs, I think you can report the driver at LTO, one must have to stop that - I might when I go to Manila lol.

i must agree that cab drivers were charging high to foreigners, or even filipinos with foreigner companions. Me and my fiance hailed a taxi from Ortigas to Makati and the driver said its 800. I was really angry and told him his vehicle was not a mercedez benz. He was covering the meter with the "good morning" towel of his and telling me since I am the Filipina I should understand that there has been increases in gasoline prices. What the heck? I do understand but not at our expense too. So I insisted that he drop us off and that what he was doing was against the LTFRB rule. He was kinda intimidated and dropped the charge but I insisted going off the taxi and sent a text message of complain to the LTO hotline. If you have same experience in the future, just send a text to this number: 0927-9366777.

Married 05-23-08

AOS/EAD/AP:

6/19/08 : Sent package to Chicago lockbox thru fedex

6/24/08 : NOA1

6/30/08 : Biometrics Appointment Notice

7/21/08 : AOS transferred to CSC

7/23/08 : Biometrics Appointment

8/18/08 : EAD card production ordered!!!

8/18/08 : AP document approved!

8/26/08 : AP received in the mail

8/27/08 : EAD card received in the mail!

9/25/08 : Greencard production ordered!!!

9/29/08 : GC received!!!

Removing of Conditions:

7/21/10 : Application to Lift Conditions on Permanent Residency

09/30/10: Notice of Action

10/04/10: Biometrics Appointment

10/18/10: Approval

10/25/10: 10-year GC received

Naturalization:

03/07/12: Application for Naturalization

03/09/12: Notice of Action

04/16/12: Biometrics Appointment

06/08/12: Testing and Intervview - passed!

09/26/12: OATH TAKING CEREMONY - Today I become a US Citizen

Timeline

yep taxi in manila were unreal. you have to ask for meter before you get in if they say no then slam the door and tell them to drive on and hale another and yes if they see you with white guy they triple the charge.

we got into cab at robinsons and wife was talking to cabby oh my did she get irrate with him we got out 1 block later paying him 30 php and i never got the whole story hehehhe i was so proud of her. and yes she called the number right away reporting it

My wife negotiated the price of the taxi before we even got in. I knew what was going on and just played dumb. She would keep repeating her offer until they accepted or start to walk away. One driver made her mad and we walked away even after he accepted the offer.

I can't wait to see her in action at a flea market. :D

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

my friend was interview just last thursday, march 13, and she didn't have to pay the 650 fee that everyone here is talking about. and the consul never even mentioned it. she got APPROVED. her advice is unless you have problems with your documents, are unsure of yourself and your honest intentions, then go and pay the fee, otherwise if the consul sees your sincerity and honesty, he will surely not need any more verification of your docs from NSO. just my thoughts. you can take it or leave it.

my friend was interview just last thursday, march 13, and she didn't have to pay the 650 fee that everyone here is talking about. and the consul never even mentioned it. she got APPROVED. her advice is unless you have problems with your documents, are unsure of yourself and your honest intentions, then go and pay the fee, otherwise if the consul sees your sincerity and honesty, he will surely not need any more verification of your docs from NSO. just my thoughts. you can take it or leave it.

Just my own two cents.....

I believe that the selection for document verification is reportedly a "random" selection, but I also believe if the Consul SUSPECTS, for whatever reason he/she sees fit, that there is something different on your documents or something catches their eye that may be totally innocent, they will request the document verification to be sure.

I did not fear anything was wrong with our documents, but I paid the P650 early in hopes that it might get me ahead of the game if they decided some document needed to be verified. I believe, based on the fact we did not submit my step-daughter's BC until the interview day and our visa was issued the next day after the interview, that we likely did not have to do any "document verification". Having said that, I don't think I would change the fact I paid it and did so early before the interview. Maybe it would not have made a difference, but its just peace of mind in knowing we were prepared for it. Small price to pay in the big expense picture of the entire process. To encourage others to bypass paying it could set some people up for long delays.

It's only my opinion, so take it or leave it.

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

I hope she gets her visa soon even without the document verification. Keep us updated with that because the only time that one is really approved is when the visa is already in hand.

Removal of Conditions :

i must agree that cab drivers were charging high to foreigners, or even filipinos with foreigner companions. Me and my fiance hailed a taxi from Ortigas to Makati and the driver said its 800. I was really angry and told him his vehicle was not a mercedez benz. He was covering the meter with the "good morning" towel of his and telling me since I am the Filipina I should understand that there has been increases in gasoline prices. What the heck? I do understand but not at our expense too. So I insisted that he drop us off and that what he was doing was against the LTFRB rule. He was kinda intimidated and dropped the charge but I insisted going off the taxi and sent a text message of complain to the LTO hotline. If you have same experience in the future, just send a text to this number: 0927-9366777.

Manila taxi drivers charge higher to anybody who have the look and the accent of "not from manila" whether foreigner or not.... and even to locals.

Everytime I go to Manila I would always have an argument with one or two taxi drivers during the duration of my stay. One or two becoz I would always ask the driver to use the meter before even going inside the cab, if he ask me a fix price then I just turn and walk away without any word and I won't even go back even if agrees to the meter already. I only gets to argue with drivers who try to take a "round and round and round" route while giving excuses such as: the road is being repaired there so let's just take this longer route (even if I passed by the same road going out & road was perfectly ok), there's a heavier traffic there, saying sorry coz they don't know the way (they really shouldn't be driving if they're not familiar with every street and corner in manila), etc. etc.... and yes they don't give you any change even if it is 9pesos.

Drivers in Davao give out exact change, even 1 peso... there was a case before when one taxi driver at the aiport tried milking a passerser, what the passenger did was report the driver to mayor duterte and the driver got a slap from the mayor (as in the mayor slapped the driver in front of others it was even in the news) which served as a lesson to others. Of course, there's a bad tomato every now and then but I am proud to say there are more honest taxi drivers in Davao than dishonest ones.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.