Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks Sanjiv!

dunhill, june007, mgk,

Thanks.

And good luck with your visa process.

Sanjiv Patel

I-130

07/27/2007 : Mailed I130 for spouse (VSC)

09/20/2007 : NOA1

11/07/2007 : NOA2

NVC

11/20/2007 : Case # Assigned

03/10/2008 : Case Completed!

03/20/2008 : Interview Scheduled & Interview letter mailed

03/25/2008 : Beneficiary received interview letter

03/25/2008 : Case forwarded to consulate. NVC message updated on 3/28/08.

Consulate

05/22/2008 : Interview

05/22/2008 : Visa granted and passport collected same day.

05/26/2008 : POE (Newark, NJ).

Our Timeline (more detailed events)

Timeline
Thanks Sanjiv!!

got interview date!!!!!!!! MAY 13.

Dunhill , did you finish your medicals at chennai. did you take the vaccinations from outside or during the medicals?

good luck for your interview

June 007

Timeline

HI!

Congrates for the interview date & all the best

I am planning to do medicals only by 15 of may as my interview is on 28 may. I am taking immunizations/vaccine only while doing medicals.

Can you pls share your timeline?

Timeline

Hi..I hv diff story.My case CR1 approved from NVC and got interview in May2008.I paid Only 365rs courier fees,No single document even photocopy at vfs Mumbai.I had list of document received by nvc(NVC latter mensioned doc they received) and i displayed to him.then they agreed to take only courier fees.pasted barcode sticker on passport and given white copy.

They suggested to bring all photo copy of document at the time of interview.I think ahmedabad vfs is causing trouble.

I recommend to take NVC lateer+photocopy of all Doc u submitted with NVC+2 photograph(2*2") while visiting VFS.

Thanks,

With the change in procedure in December 2007 for most Indian consulates (and probably for most visa categories) NVC now collects all original birth, marriage, police / RPO clearance, photos, etc. However, it seems that not all helpline employees of Mumbai consulate and VFS employees in Ahmedabad are aware of this change. Both consulate and VFS helpline personnel are asking the applicants to submit these documents again and pay VFS fee!

Has anyone experienced this? Has anyone experienced otherwise (meaning these people knowing the change)?

Also, why is there a need for VFS fee when we are not sending any documents to consulate using their service? Is it because consulate is goign to send passports back by VFS courier? Shouldn't the fee be reduced if VFS is doing half the work? Is there anyone who paid the VFS fee in full (Rs 365 per applicant) at VFS but did not have to provide all docs to them?

Also, does anyone know why an adult child (qualifying under CSPA) get a phone response from this ignorant support staff that his name is not listed for interview, when NVC appointment letter for interview lists the adult child and his mother? Does anyone know if providing derivative beneficiary's name produce similar response, as the system they might track only primary beneficiary?

Please share your experience or suggestions. This is mostly applicable to applicants interviewing March 2008 and later who have submitted all docs to NVC. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sanjiv Patel

Timeline

goodluck cmp211 and june007!

I-130

NVC

Consulate

Timeline
hi mgk,

what all documents did u submit to vfs?

My wife would be submitting following documents coming week to VFS....

• photocopy of marriage certificate, appointment letter, i130 approval, birth certificate, police certificate, passport.

2 us passport size photos

sealed medical report

proof of marriage

I-130

NVC

Consulate

Timeline
will your spouse be carring marriage album to the consulate? will VFS accept a copy of marriage VCD ?? any thoughts?

She would be taking marriage album for the interview.

VFS/Consulate don't accept VCD or DVD.

Cheers

I-130

NVC

Consulate

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

guys please post your interview experiences ..... i am just starting the NVC process and just want to know if all of you got the Original Documents Back and the time of interview .... be kind to post whole experience from VFC ... to the interview

thanks ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.