Mike n Huong

Police Certificates for Vietnam/Child

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am hoping soe of my fellow Vietnam Journey men and women can help me. I have been tryint o explain to my fiancee about the police clearance certificate, but with a little language barrier, it is hard for me to explain to her what she needs to ask them for. So I found this on a website and was not sure if theis is the correct name in Vietnamese for the police certificete "Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap"? Is this the correct naem, or what is the name in Vietnamese for the police paper?

Also I am in a critical situation. Her exhusband is not swaying his decision to sign for her son to come to the US with her. HE is only doing it to hurt her, because he doesn't care for their son. I talked to her about letting her son living with her ex for 1 or 2 weeks so he can understand everything that he must do in order for him to take care of his son, because he has never had to do this since my fiancee does this everyday. We are still worried that he will not sign the paper for her son to come here. I have read other threads from other countries regarding this, and they go to court to fight for the fiancee to bring their child to the US. Does anyone know where my fiancee can go to do this in Hanoi Vietnam? Or any other action she can take?

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I am hoping soe of my fellow Vietnam Journey men and women can help me. I have been tryint o explain to my fiancee about the police clearance certificate, but with a little language barrier, it is hard for me to explain to her what she needs to ask them for. So I found this on a website and was not sure if theis is the correct name in Vietnamese for the police certificete "Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap"? Is this the correct naem, or what is the name in Vietnamese for the police paper?

Also I am in a critical situation. Her exhusband is not swaying his decision to sign for her son to come to the US with her. HE is only doing it to hurt her, because he doesn't care for their son. I talked to her about letting her son living with her ex for 1 or 2 weeks so he can understand everything that he must do in order for him to take care of his son, because he has never had to do this since my fiancee does this everyday. We are still worried that he will not sign the paper for her son to come here. I have read other threads from other countries regarding this, and they go to court to fight for the fiancee to bring their child to the US. Does anyone know where my fiancee can go to do this in Hanoi Vietnam? Or any other action she can take?

Hello Mike,

I will try to answer your question to the extended of my knowledge of the Police Certificate. As far as it goes (PC) can be obtained by any Vietnamese from her local police department, by bringing "HO KHAU" and "CMND" (ID card). Asking the Police in her "Cong An Phuong" (Police Ward) or "Cong An Quan" (Police District) to give her "Giay Chung Nhan Khong Pham Phap va Khong Co Tien An, Tien Su". This could take up to two weeks for the Police to verify. Since Vietnamese govt. doesn't have a robust information system/record of its criminals, so it will take sometimes.... prepare for it! Ultimately, she must go to "SO TU PHAP" in her district of residency for this kind of paper.

IF she is in HCMC, she can visit "So Tu Phap" at this address: 143 Pasteur, Phuong 6, Quan 3, HCMC.

BTW, i hope you are fully aware of the fact that her husband must sign a document "A QUIT CLAIM" of a minor child, and agree for the child to immigrate to the US? Not just a simple, "please let my son go". I don't know anything about this, but I pray for you Mike!

Good luck.

I hope this helps

chuck and kim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline
Hello Mike,

I will try to answer your question to the extended of my knowledge of the Police Certificate. As far as it goes (PC) can be obtained by any Vietnamese from her local police department, by bringing "HO KHAU" and "CMND" (ID card). Asking the Police in her "Cong An Phuong" (Police Ward) or "Cong An Quan" (Police District) to give her "Giay Chung Nhan Khong Pham Phap va Khong Co Tien An, Tien Su". This could take up to two weeks for the Police to verify. Since Vietnamese govt. doesn't have a robust information system/record of its criminals, so it will take sometimes.... prepare for it! Ultimately, she must go to "SO TU PHAP" in her district of residency for this kind of paper.

IF she is in HCMC, she can visit "So Tu Phap" at this address: 143 Pasteur, Phuong 6, Quan 3, HCMC.

BTW, i hope you are fully aware of the fact that her husband must sign a document "A QUIT CLAIM" of a minor child, and agree for the child to immigrate to the US? Not just a simple, "please let my son go". I don't know anything about this, but I pray for you Mike!

Good luck.

I hope this helps

chuck and kim

Chuck and Kim,

Thank you (Cam on Em) so much for your help. Yes this will definately help her because it was hard for me to explain exactly what she needed from them. I am aware of the "Quit Claim" her ex must sign. Her father has talked to him, and is awaiting his answer. We are also hoping that he will realize that he would not be able to take care of her son himself, therefore he will agree to sign the quit form.

Thanks so much for your help, it is so great how everyone is so helpful, and I wish the best for your journey!!!

Mike and Huong

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

Timeline

I talked to Huong and this is not name of paper, it just expalin what paper say, so she called their and talked to them and asked them about paper, and they say they never hear before. She lives in Hanoi, and so I don't know why they don't know this paper. Huong says that maybe not many girls come to US from there. So I hope someone can tell me exactly the name?

Please Help Me :help::help:

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

Timeline

Mike and Huong,

When you say THEM/THEY, who are they? Local Police? Worse comes to worse, she needs to travel to HCMC for this paper. But I do not believe "THEY" don't know/hear anything about it... You're correct, there aren't too many of viet-girls marry an american in Ha Noi. Just make sure to clarify who are they?

She needs to go to "SO TU PHAP" of Ha Noi, or the Police District to obtain "Giấy Xác Nhận Không Phạm Pháp". On her packet-4, they should tell her exactly what she needs from "Sở Tư Pháp" also.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline
Mike and Huong,

When you say THEM/THEY, who are they? Local Police? Worse comes to worse, she needs to travel to HCMC for this paper. But I do not believe "THEY" don't know/hear anything about it... You're correct, there aren't too many of viet-girls marry an american in Ha Noi. Just make sure to clarify who are they?

She needs to go to "SO TU PHAP" of Ha Noi, or the Police District to obtain "Giấy Xác Nhận Không Phạm Pháp". On her packet-4, they should tell her exactly what she needs from "Sở Tư Pháp" also.

Thanks for replying back. She called the police district in her province, and they have not heard of this paper. We are both very worried about this paper now, because she needs to make sure she gets the correct paper, or they will not except it. Could some one please help us? If someone could post an example of this paper, it would be so greatly appreciated. She is going to go to the US embassy in Hanoi tomorrow, and hopefully they can clarify this for her, but I am not sure if they will know what to tell her since they don't do the interviews there. She can't go to HCKC for this paper, because it must be done in her province. Does packet three include the form they will fill out? Or is there instructions in Packet 3 in Vietnamese that she could take to the Justice or Police, and they will understand. I hope this will not what stops us from getting the Visa :help:

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

Timeline

you were correct on the original post: LÝ LỊCH TƯ PHÁP

Read this from HERE

- Giấy chứng nhận cảnh sát (lý lịch tư pháp) cho mỗi đương đơn từ 16 tuổi trở lên được cấp trong vòng một năm qua bởi Sở Tư Pháp tỉnh/ thành phố nơi đương đơn cư trú hợp pháp theo như đăng ký trong Hộ khẩu.

More:

Thị Thực Loại K của Công Dân Hoa Kỳ

- Đơn bảo lãnh I-129F chấp thuận bởi Sở Di Trú và Nhập Tịch Hoa Kỳ(USCIS)

- Đơn này do USCIS chuyển thẳng về Lãnh Sự Quán

- Thư mời phỏng vấn

- 4 ảnh màu làm thị thực

- Biên lai thu phí MRV 100 USD đóng tại Ngân hàng Citibank

- Giấy chứng minh nhân dân (bản chánh và bản photocopy)

- Hộ khẩu (bản chánh và bản photocopy)

- Hộ chiếu còn hiệu lực ít nhất tám tháng sau ngày cấp thị thực (bản chánh và một bản photocopy cho mỗi đương đơn)

- Mẫu đơn DS-156, Đơn xin thị thực không di dân (2 bản)

- Mẫu đơn DS-156K, Đơn xin thị thực hôn phu hôn thê (1 bản)

- Mẫu đơn DS-230 Phần I, Đơn xin Thị Thực Nhập Cư và Đăng ký Ngoại Kiều

- Bảng theo dõi chích ngừa của Trung Tâm Kiểm Dịch thành phố Hồ Chí Minh

- Kết quả khám sức khoẻ tại Bệnh viện Chợ Rẫy hoặc Tổ Chức Di Dân Quốc Tế (IOM)

- Mức phí khám sức khoẻ là 60 USD cho đương đơn từ 15 tuổi trở lên, và mức phí khám sức khoẻ là 40 USD cho đương đơn từ 14 tuổi trở xuống.

- Giấy khai sinh của mỗi đương đơn (bản chánh và bản sao)

- Giấy khai sinh của người bảo lãnh (bản chánh và bản sao)

- Giấy lý hôn hoặc giấy chứng tử của vợ hoặc chồng cũ của đương đơn và người bảo lãnh, nếu có (bản chánh và bản photocopy)

- Giấy cam kết độc thân cho tất cả đương đơn nữ từ 18 tuổi trở lên và nam từ 20 tuổi trở lên còn độc thân, hoặc đã ly dị, goá vợ, goá chồng

- Giấy cam kết này phải được đánh máy và do cơ quan có chức năng ở đại phương cấp và phải là bản gốc

- Nếu đương đơn có con nhỏ dưới tuổi vị thành niên (dưới 18 tuổi) xin thị thực cùng với đương đơn nhưng còn cha hoặc mẹ ở lại Việt Nam, đương đơn cần phải cung cấp giấy chấp thuận cho con xuất cảnh sang Hoa Kỳ của người cha hoặc mẹ đó.

- Giấy chứng nhận cảnh sát (lý lịch tư pháp) cho mỗi đương đơn từ 16 tuổi trở lên được cấp trong vòng một năm qua bởi Sở Tư Pháp tỉnh/ thành phố nơi đương đơn cư trú hợp pháp theo như đăng ký trong Hộ khẩu.

- Nếu đương đơn đã từng sống ở nước ngoài trên 6 tháng kể từ khi 16 tuổi, đương đơn phải nộp giấy chứng nhận cảnh sát của nước đó

- Giấy tờ liên quan đến toà án hoặc tiền án, nếu có

- Hồ sơ quân đội, nếu có

- Bộ bảo trợ tài chánh mẫu I-134 và chứng từ về tài chánh. Mẫu I-134 phải được ký bởi người bảo lãnh và phải được thị thực của phòng Công Chứng trong vòng không quá 1 năm trước ngày phỏng vấn kèm theo chứng từ thuế của năm gần nhất và giấy chứng nhận việc làm được ký trong vòng 1 năm (trên giấy có tiêu đề của công ty) hoặc giấy phép kinh doanh còn hiệu lực. Cần 1 bản photocopy mẫu I-134 cho mỗi thành viên đi cùng. Nếu đương đơn có người đồng tài trợ, người đồng tài trợ phải nộp toàn bộ giấy tờ như đã liệt kê ở trên và bằng chứng người đồng tài trợ là công dân Hoa Kỳ hoặc Thường Trú Nhân ở Hoa Kỳ như giấy khai sinh ở Hoa Kỳ, giấy chứng nhận nhập quốc tịch Hoa Kỳ hoặc thẻ xanh.

- Toàn bộ bằng chứng chứng minh mối quan hệ của đương đơn với người bảo lãnh và với các thành viên trong gia đình đi cùng.

Mặc dù hồ sơ bảo lãnh diện hôn phu hôn thê chỉ có giá trị trong vòng bốn tháng, viên chức lãnh sự có thể gia hạn thời gian hiệu lực của hồ sơ bảo lãnh với điều kiện là viên chức vẫn tin rằng người bảo lãnh và đương đơn vẫn duy trì tình trạng hợp pháp để tự do đi đến hôn nhân và vẫn dự định kết hôn trong vòng 3 tháng tính từ ngày đương đơn nhập cảnh Hoa Kỳ.

English version:

Fiancé(e) (K-1) & Spouse (K-3) of an American Citizen

- I-129F petition approved and forwarded to the US Consulate by USCIS.

- The Appointment Letter

- Four (4) visa photographs

- Fee receipt for the US$100 MRV fee payable at Citibank

- Identity card (CMND) (original and photocopy)

- Household registration book (original and photocopy)

- Passport valid for at least eight months past the date of visa issuance (original and photocopy for each applicant)

- Form DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application (in duplicate)

- Form DS-156K Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application (one copy)

- Form DS-230 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Part I (Biographic Data)

- A vaccination assessment from the Quarantine Service of Ho Chi Minh City

- A medical examination from a panel physician at Cho Ray Hospital or the International Organization for Migration. The medical examination fee is US$75 for applicants age 15 and older and US$50 for applicants age 14 and younger.

- Birth Certificate of all applicants (original and photocopy for each applicant)

- Birth Certificate of the petitioner (original and photocopy)

- Marriage certificate only for spousal visa (K-3 visa) applicant (original and photocopy)

- Divorce Decree or Death Certificate of previous spouse(s) of the petitioner and beneficiary (original and photocopy) (if applicable)

- Quit claim for all minor children giving the other parent’s permission for them to immigrate to the U.S. (if applicable)

- Police Certificate(s) issued within the past year by the Department of Justice office in your district of official residence as registered in your household registry (Ho Khau) for each applicant age 16 and over.

- Foreign Police Certificate(s) for persons age 16 and over from any country in which you resided for more than six months

- Court and prison records (if applicable)

- Military record (if applicable)

- Original Affidavit of Support Form I-134 and the specified financial documents. Form I-134 must be signed by the sponsor and notarized by a Notary Public no more than one year prior to the date of interview and include tax records for the past year and an official letter of employment (on company letterhead) signed within the past year or a valid business license. Submit one photocopy of the I-134 form for each applicant in your family. If you require a joint sponsor, the joint sponsor must submit all documents listed above plus proof of citizenship or LPR status, such as a U.S. birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or green card.

- Proof of your relationship with the petitioner and any derivative family members

Please note that although a K-1 visa petition is valid for a period of four months, a consular officer can revalidate the petition provided the officer concludes that the American citizen sponsor and the applicant remain legally free to marry and that they continue to intend to marry each other within three months of the alien’s admission into the U.S.

Edited by chuckandkim

Timeline

Thanks so much Chuck and Kim, I hope this will provide her with enough information to take to the Justice and they will understand what they she needs.

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

Timeline
Thanks so much Chuck and Kim, I hope this will provide her with enough information to take to the Justice and they will understand what they she needs.

I'm surprised that the police in Ha Noi didn't know what she needs for US Visa :) but hope this will shed some light... good luck and let us know how you make out.....

Timeline

I'm surprised that the police in Ha Noi didn't know what she needs for US Visa :) but hope this will shed some light... good luck and let us know how you make out.....

I am totally suprised also, that they didn't know. I will be chatting with her today when she wakes up, because she needs to pick up a single status paper she ordered, and she is going to try to take care of this today also. Here is why it was so hard to communicate this, because she did not know if they provided the form, or if she needed to bring it, as well as what she needs to do when she orders it. She is first going to go to the US embassy in Hanoi and with the information you provided, I hope when she goes to the Department of Justice today for this paper, they will finally understand this. She works for her government in banking, therefore she lives in a District that not many people have gone thru this. Hanoi is a big city and it suprises me that we are running into this problem. If she still is having a problem, is it ok for my fiancee Huong to contact you with an email Chuck n Kim thru this site? This way maybe if you explain everything to her in vietnamese she will understand exactly.

Thanks so Much, you have been a great help.

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

Timeline

My fiancee understands now, and is going this morning to order hers. Thanks you so muck Chuck and Kim, you have been a great help.

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

Timeline

Mike,

Glad to see it all got figured out!

STL_HCMC

My fiancee understands now, and is going this morning to order hers. Thanks you so muck Chuck and Kim, you have been a great help.

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.