lovda_pi

Have question about WU Money order

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sending a package to my fiancée and was just going to put a money order in with it because for CRBA needs to be paid in US dollars, can she cash in the money order at any western union and get US dollars? Thanks for the help.

Met 22 Sept 06

Said I love u 24 Dec 06

went to visit 12 May 07

Started paper work Jun 07

Sent I-129 Aug 07 rcvd 22 Aug 07

NOA1 notice date 03 Oct 07

NOA2 notice date 06 Feb07

USEM rcvd 05Mar08

Interview 14 May 08

Yes .. she can ask the money in US dollars...

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

I am sending a package to my fiancée and was just going to put a money order in with it because for CRBA needs to be paid in US dollars, can she cash in the money order at any western union and get US dollars? Thanks for the help.

well if ur going to send money thru western union, yes she can get it in dollars..

she will have to tell the in charge that she want to get the money in dollars!

if she has a peso then she can buy US dollars in any bank or money exchanger!

Timeline
Yes .. she can ask the money in US dollars...

Thanks for the reply

Met 22 Sept 06

Said I love u 24 Dec 06

went to visit 12 May 07

USEM rcvd 05Mar08

Interview 14 May 08

Timeline

well if ur going to send money thru western union, yes she can get it in dollars..

she will have to tell the in charge that she want to get the money in dollars!

if she has a peso then she can buy US dollars in any bank or money exchanger!

No im not sending through Western Union, it to expensive, im getting a money order for 2 dollars then sending in package to her. I just want to make sure she can change it easy. Thanks for the reply

Met 22 Sept 06

Said I love u 24 Dec 06

went to visit 12 May 07

USEM rcvd 05Mar08

Interview 14 May 08

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can also send money through xoom transfer it is cheaper compared to western union and money gram most of my friends and filipinos dont know about this but i just find this out when my husband told me about this website he found. It is very cheap compared to other ways. just try to check in xoom.com!

But she can received the money on the next day not within that day..just try it next time or if you think to send her at least you can save the amount of charge just by sending her..

Ok, God bless to both of you in your journey

Timeline

well if your sending package be prepared for customs to want there share of some of the money if your sending a box if your just sending envolope you should be fine just dont put money value on package

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.