Devkpaik

NOA2 and moer questions!!!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone,

I got my NOA2 after almost 4 1/2 months!! It couldn't be at a better time because I am ALSO with my fiancee in Thailand right now. I was so worried about not getting the NOA 2 by the time I left Thailand but I got it yesterday in my email! It was approved on the 10th of March!!! I was a NOVEMBER filer, and I filed on November 1st. So November filers get ready!!!

Questions guys...

What is the next step? As in, I know we have to wait for it to be sent to NVC, but I hear about people tracking their package with DHL or something, how do you do that? Also, you need a BNK number right? Is that the number you need to track it?

Do you guys recommend getting police certificates NOW as well as Medical forms NOW or wait off on them?

To get the BNK number do I need to be at home in America to get the number (from inside the package they send) or can I check it online? Or do I even need it yet? Right now do I just WAIT for them to send it to the embassy in Bangkok or is there something I can do? How long would you guys say the rest of the process takes from now until when the visa is either denied or ISSUED! I want to do the next step as SOON AS POSSIBLE so like the minute I can do ANTYHING my fiancee and I want to get this started!!!!!

Sorry if this is horribler grammer, spelling, etc. I dont care I'm just really excited!

Anyways, thanks a lot guys!!!!

Congratulations on getting the NOA2!! It's a great feeling :)

To find out when your file has reached NVC you can call 603-334-0700, then press 1, 5 to speak to someone. There's an automated system but K1s aren't at NVC long enough to be registered for the automation so you need to speak to someone. Check the processing times via the option along the top of this page to see the average amount of time it's likely to take for your file to get there, then call somewhere near that date. The number can get very busy so you might have to try several times, although I've found that calling first thing in the morning it's generally easier to get through.

Once your file reaches NVC it will be assigned a new case number. You can find an explanation of what that number means here.

Then you can read about how you can track your package from NVC to the embassy here.

I would certainly get the police certificate(s) ASAP. For the medical, it depends: I waited till I received packet 3 which came with the consular doctor's details. The procedure for the medical exam varies from embassy to embassy so I'll let someone with experience of Bangkok answer that.

This is also a good time to be gathering the info for the I-134 if you haven't started that yet.

Hope this helps!

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Hey everyone,

I got my NOA2 after almost 4 1/2 months!! It couldn't be at a better time because I am ALSO with my fiancee in Thailand right now. I was so worried about not getting the NOA 2 by the time I left Thailand but I got it yesterday in my email! It was approved on the 10th of March!!! I was a NOVEMBER filer, and I filed on November 1st. So November filers get ready!!!

Questions guys...

What is the next step? As in, I know we have to wait for it to be sent to NVC, but I hear about people tracking their package with DHL or something, how do you do that? Also, you need a BNK number right? Is that the number you need to track it?

Do you guys recommend getting police certificates NOW as well as Medical forms NOW or wait off on them?

To get the BNK number do I need to be at home in America to get the number (from inside the package they send) or can I check it online? Or do I even need it yet? Right now do I just WAIT for them to send it to the embassy in Bangkok or is there something I can do? How long would you guys say the rest of the process takes from now until when the visa is either denied or ISSUED! I want to do the next step as SOON AS POSSIBLE so like the minute I can do ANTYHING my fiancee and I want to get this started!!!!!

Sorry if this is horribler grammer, spelling, etc. I dont care I'm just really excited!

Always go to the embassy website and find out the information you need for packet 3; it tends to vary by embassy....

Congratulations, and good luck!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should start getting all your paper work ready you will need for Packet3 so you can send it back ASAP! So.. start on the police report/vaccination history and all other documents like divorce decree's etc etc. You will only book your medical AFTER you receive packet3 as it will tell you who to call

k-1

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays tongue.png)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Medical Exam: 2008-01-24

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11---APPROVEDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry : 2008-02-20

Church Marriage : 2008-05-03

POE @ Edmonton International Airport: 2008-02-20

Courthouse marriage: 2008-02-26

ROC

ROC Filed with CSC: 2010-04-13

NOA1 recieved in mail dated: 2010-04-15

Biometrics Appointment: 2010-05-17

Approval Notice: 2010-08-03

Card Received: 2010-08-13

N-400:

N-400 sent 2013-12-02

NOA:|12/09/13|

BIOMETRICS:|12/27/13|

IN-LINE for INTERVIEW 12/31/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey everyone,

Questions guys...

:dance: :dance: :dance: congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.