Mari_S

Got the PINK SLIP!

26 posts in this topic

Hi There Guys,

Very happy day for me and my wife today because WE GOT APPROVED TODAY! :dance: WOOHOO! :dance:

Anyways, wanted to share you my interview experience...this will be quite a long post so i apologize...

Woke up at around 3:30 AM. Did not get enough slip due to anxiety and tension plus the bad dreams wherein i was denied my visa and there was this trycycle driver from our village trying to stab me with a knife due to unpaid debt... :wacko:

Took a bath, cooked, ate my breakfast and called up my Tartie 15 minutes before 5 AM. Was picked up by the taxi around 5 AM and breezed past Coastal Rd then Roxas Blvd. and arrived at the Manila Embassy around 5:45 AM (READ: Taxi driver was a speed freak.)

Ignored all the fixers trying to coerce me to get my 2x2 pics and some other documents from them and fell in line outside. Didn't think that one of the fixers would actually be of help when she told me that all applicants with the 6:30 AM interview has already been admitted inside the waiting area. So I proceeded to the waiting area but was asked for my appointment letter and ID by one of the Whackenhut guards (hahaha, now i get it...Whackenhut!) before i was allowed entry. :lol:

I was lucky because i was sandwiched by 2 talkative ladies petitioned by their fiancee's which helped me pass the time while i was waiting for the guards to let everybody in. At around 7 AM, we were ushered into the embassy and instructed to follow the BLUE arrows going to the Immigrant Visa Unit. However, i was surprised that i was not told by one of the guards to drink from the bottled water i brought during the X-ray. Heck, they just gave me my bag and did not seem to see that i had a liter of water and some crackers in my knapsack...talk about security huh?

Went in..sat at one of the blue chairs and waited for our turn to fall in line at the ticket booth. Got to the ticket booth like 30 minutes after and i was number 7040. Tip: Arrange your DS forms in this order - DS-156, DS-157, DS-156 and DS-157. It'll be easier for them to fix and provide you with a number.

After another 30 minutes, i was called up to do Fingerscanning. Just listen and your name will be called.

After another 30 minutes or so, my number flashed on the screen and i was instructed to go to Window 26 for pre-screening. The pre-screener was a chubby Filipina who spoke fluid Filipino (hahahaha! get it?) and asked who i was , how old i am and who petitioned me. She asked for my Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate and NBI. She then asked me another set of questions: Where did i meet my wife? When did she arrive in the U.S.? Where we already dating when she got to the U.S.? When was the last time i went to the states? What was the purpose of my visit there? When was the last time me and my wife see each other? Then she asked me for 5 pictures, 5 letters, the Affidavit of Support and latest W-2. I took my seat back and waited for my number to be called again for the actual consul interview.

Again, after 30 minutes, i saw my number flash right above room 30 for the consul interview. I went in, greeted the consul Good Morning but he, in his good ole jolly nature, ignored me haha! I sat down and calmed myself. As far as i can remember, he asked the same questions as what the pre-screener asked. He even got one of my wife's cards, opened it up and asked whose name was written below the letter. He also asked me i was married previously, do i have kids, if my wife was previously married and if she does have kids and answered a big NO to all of them. After that, he smiled and told me i am APPROVED. However, i noticed that an "approved" sign was already stamped to my papers while the interview was on-going. The interview was quite short around 5 mins i guess.

Bit of a bad news though: my request for visa pickup was denied - the consul saying that they are now being strict about that. I also asked when i will be able to get my visa and he said that they do not have a time frame on that. Anyways is that normal? Did you encounter the same response?

After the interview, i was told to wait for my name to be called outside. After 15 minutes, i heard my name and proceeded to window 39 for release. I was given the pink slip and was told to pay the delivery fee at the delbros booth. At the delbros booth, i was asked to fill up the delivery sheet and paid the visa delivery fee of 250 Php.

I was home sweet home after an hour of bus ride. Hah! The sweet taste of success still in my lips... :dance:

Anyways, under normal circumstances (no AR, no document verification problem - I'm sure of this!), how long does it take for the visa to arrive?

Thanks and congrats also to those who got approved today! :dance::thumbs::dance:

2-0. In favor of the boys.

Very BIG congrats to you. Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us.

Citizenship

8/06/2011 - Package sent

8/25/2011 - Biometrics schedule

9/26/2011 - Interview date received

10/09/2011 - Received yellow letter

11/08/2011 - Interview date THANKS GOD went smooth n pretty easy with the nice lady IO takes 9-10 minutes wow???????????????

I think I waited more time for my Oath Ceremony schedule rather than interview process and after 13 minutes the lady gave my sched WOW CAN'T BELIEVE ......yayyyyyyy

11/16/2011 - Oath Ceremony

Visit My Website

www.roseandchuck.com

Removing Conditions

08/3/2010 - File for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/6/2010 - Received date/ Noticed Date

9/06/2010 - Biometric Date Modesto

12/2/2010 - Card production( they orderd) new card. I just checked I'm not in hurry but hahahaha lucky GOD IS SO GOOD THANKS FOR EVERYTHING PAPA JESUS MWAHHH.

AOS

06/06/2008 - AOS PACKAGE SENT

06/09/2008 - RECEIVED DATE

06/13/2008- NOTICED DATE checked cleared ( received in mail 06/17/2008 notice for AOS, EAD and AP)

07/09/2008- BIOMETRICS date modesto

08/18/2008- AP APPROVED ( received date 8/22/2008)

08/18/2008- EAD APPROVED ( received date 8/27/2008)

09/17/2008- RECEIVED interview date appoinment

10/29/2008- INTERVIEW date 1:00pm sacramento (approved)

11/05/2008- RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE

11/07/2008- RECEIVED GREEN CARD

banner-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there, wow! that's long... hehe, but i read all.. Thanks for sharing it with us.. Im happy for you, and congrats... Hope ours will be next.. :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :dance:

Hello Everyone. Finally go reunited with my fiance and now husband. We are soo happy.... After 2 years since we filed 7/28/07 we received our visa on August 4, 2009... don't give up. if you know USEM is wrong fight for it... We did...

Timeline

BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As per the release of visa, I think it's a case to case basis. I was also given pink slip and not on AR as I believe, document verification was never mentioned and NO white paper (221g) was given, yet I am still waiting for my visa after more than a month.

07-23-2007 Sent I129F to VSC

08-10-2007 NOA1

11-28-2007 NOA2

12-10-2007 Arrives at USEM case number MNL2007834xxx

01-30-2008 Medical

02-07-2008 Interview ((APPROVED))

04-22-2008 POE Chicago

AOS

06-23-2008 AOS sent

07-05-2008 NOA1

07-23-2008 Biometrics

07-28-2008 Case transferred to CSC

08-03-2008 Touched

08-06-2008 Touched

08-07-2008 Touched

08-21-2008 Touched

08-22-2008 Touched

08-23-2008 AP & EAD Approved

08-30-2008 AP received in the mail

09-02-2008 EAD received in the mail

09-19-2008 AOS card production ordered

09-22-2008 AOS touched

09-23-2008 AOS approval notice sent

09-24-2008 AOS touched, welcome notice arrived in the mail

09-26-2008 GC received

9095.gif

Timeline

God is good, all the time!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

ryaNriza :dance:

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Congratulations, Mari!!! :thumbs:

we were given the same reason after I asked for a visa pick-up too. 6 days since the interview and I'm still waiting....

delbros said they will deliver today.

Sent N400: Oct 27, 2011

NOA: Nov 1, 2011

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2011

Yellow letter date: 12/14/2011

Yellow letter received: 12/19/2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello MariEnMichelle,

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience.

It seems the pre-processing is a lot faster now. Your waiting is on the average of 30 minutes from one window to another. That wasn't the case during our Feb 8 interview. I notice the increase in delivery fee from Php165 to 250. I presume your delivery address is within Metro Manila, that could be the reason your request for visa pick up was not accepted. From my readings here, those from the province or those accompanied by their petitioner were given priority or allowed visa pick up. USEM website says the presence of the petitioner is not necessary during the interview, but I believe it has a plus factor in immediate release of visa. That is assuming the primary and secondary evidences are complete.

Delivery within Metro Manila takes 2 days from the time your visa is released to DelBros. You may try checking it out at www.delbros.com your MNL2008xxxx as tracking number. The website is usually up between 8am to 9am, then again at 1:30am. The rest of the hours, it is down or somewhat restricted for visa delivery inquiry.

Enjoy the moment. I know it feels good to get done with the interview, after months of waiting and document preparations.

Best regards,

Manila

K1 Visa

July 2 - Mailed I129F

Nov 20 - Approved K1 Petition

Feb 1 - Medical - St. Luke's

Feb 8 - Interview - USEM

Mar 19 - Visa Received (6 weeks on AR)

Mar 27 - Arrived in Barlow, Kentucky

Apr 08 - Married in Wickcliffe County, Kentucky

Adjustment of Status

June 24 - Mailed I-485 and I-765

July 01 - NOA1 (Mail received July 05)

July 03 - ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics on July 23

Nasville TN (Mail received July 8)

July 21 - Mailed I-131

July 23 - Completed Biometrics St. Louis, MO ASC

July 25 - I-485 Case Transferred to California Service Center

(Mail received July 31)

Aug 18 - Approved I-131 Application for Travel Document

Aug 21 - Biometrics Re-take at St. Louis, MO

Aug 23 - Received AP Papers

Aug 29 - Received EAD Card

Nov 18 - Green Card Production Ordered/Notice thru e-mail

Nov 25 - Received Green Card (Expiring Nov 6, 2010)

Removing Conditions on Residence

Aug 23 - Mailed I-751

Sept 01 - Check Encashed/Deposited

Sept 04 - Received NOA dated Aug 30

Oct 12 - Received Biometrics Appt Notice

Nov 02 - Biometrics Appointment

Dec 17 - Received RFE - Fingerprints can not be classified

Dec 27 - Submitted Affidavit of No Criminal Record

Jan 25 - Green Card Production Ordered/Notice sent thru e-mail

Jan 31 - Received 10-yr GC

congrats!

Lord blessed be Your name!

K1:

NOA 1 - March 31 2004

NOA 2 - July 7

to Manila - July 30

called embassy for interview date - Aug 17

Recvd K packet - Aug 24

CFO - Sept 7

Medical - Sept 15 & 16

Interview - Oct 8

Visa on hand - Oct 13 YES! thank You God!

POE - October 23

AOS & EAD:

Marriage at the beautiful St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands - Nov 6

SSN - Nov 29

State ID - Dec 1

AOS & EAD applied for - Dec. 6

NOAs for AOS & EAD - recvd mail on Dec 15 but receipt date is Dec 8

got TD shot for AOS - Dec. 15 paid $15

passd written exam for DL- Jan 03 2005

Biometrics for EAD & AOS - Jan 10

Biometrics AGAIN (???) - Feb 2

EAD recved - Jan 29

recved AOS interview letter - march 2

AOS interview - april 27 SUCCESS!! Thank You so much God! You never fail.

welcome to America letter - may 2

recvd "green" card - may 5 2005

got driver's license - may 20

removing conditions:

lifting of conditions on GC - jan 31 2007

NOA date - february 06

recvd NOA - february 26

recvd biometrics apptmnt letter - march 2

biometrics appt - march 12

citizenship:

sent N-400: february 25, 2008

recved: february 27

priority date: february 27

notice date: march 4

recved NOA1: march 6

recved biometrics letter: march 10

biometrics: march 19

intrvw letter rec'd: april 3

intrvw: may 13 - APPROVED!

Oath - Sept. 17

US Passport - Sept 26

.png

hey congrats!!!

dont worry about the visa pick up since ur living in manila. hopefully they will mail it to you soon! ive got a friend in manila before and she got her visa same day as mine, 3 working days! happy trip soon!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

BIG CONGRATS!!!

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.