charlene

POE for Vancouver to Seattle

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was wandering if anyone could tell me there experience crossing at the border going from Vancouver to Seattle, WA.

My fiancee was going to fly but know can get a much better ticket from Seattle to the east coast...so he will be driving over the border.

Please let me know which Road you took and what happened and how long it took....we want to have plenty of time to go through

the check point....

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

May 5-sent I129f to Texas and they forwarded to CSC

May 11-priority date according to NOA1 on Hard Copy

May 14-received by CSC...notice sent (never received)

May 15-money order cashed

July 19-called about Hard copy..said they would resend

July 23-lawyer calls and is told application is lost and to resend application

July 25-sent a duplicate application to Texas and it is forwarded to VSC

July 27-called again...said they would resend from CSC

July 31/aug.3/aug.6 "touches"

Aug. 16 received the NOA1 from VSC for duplicate application

Aug. 16-called about Hard Copy...said that they would resend (3rd time) from CSC

Aug. 17-"touch"

Aug. 19-FINALLY RECEIVED THE NOA1 HARD COPY for original application from CSC

October-19-CRIS sent message that they were moving our application to VSC?!?!?

(seems USCIS sent our first application to the wrong center)

November-16 origianl is at the VSC

Dec. 3-congressmans office calls VSC...will be processed by July application date

Feb. 6-APPROVED!!!!

Feb. 7 sent to NVC

Feb. 13 sent to MONTREAL...WRONG EMBASSY!!!!!!! SUPPOSED TO BE VANCOUVER!!!!!!!

Feb. 14 arrived in MONTREAL

Feb. 20 talked to NVC center....supervisor will try to "catch" the application call back in 10-15 days

Feb. 29...talked to the State Department (Visa)...they had NVC send cable today to Montreal instructing them to send packet to VanCouver

March 4...K visa application received at VanCouver

March 6 packet 3 ARRIVED

March 10 packet 3 checklist and DS230 faxed back

March 12 medical exam

March 20 packet 4 received

April 8....interview date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Several reviews here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php Select Vancouver.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Here is a link that shows current backups at all the border crossings in the area:

http://www.borderlineups.com/

Usually the lines are longest at the Peace Arch crossing. I have never had a backup at the Sumas, WA/Abbottsford, BC crossing, but that may be out of your way. I've heard the Pacific Highway is a good way to avoid delays, but I've never used that one myself.

I haven't crossed by land there in a long time, so it's hard for me to give you an idea of how long the waits might be now. Last time I went home (my parents live in Bellingham, which is 20 miles south of the Peace Arch crossing), it was Thanksgiving weekend, the Canadian dollar had just surpassed the US dollar, and the lines were running about 3 to 4 hours at all crossings, so we just flew into SeaTac and did not go to BC at all. Right now, it looks like there is no delay at the Peace Arch and a 20 minute wait to cross at Sumas. I would guess that on a weekend there would be more of a wait, although I don't know how much. Back when I used to cross regularly, there was never a backup at Sumas, and at the Peace Arch, it was usually less than an hour.

If he is catching a plane at Sea Tac, you also need to take into account the possibility of a bad traffic back up going through Seattle. I'd actually suggest going down the night before his flight and staying over near the airport.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

I did my POE through the truck crossing (Pac Highway)... No problems, was inside for about 30 mins. Only thing was, the customs officer that did my paperwork, told me I had to apply for a work permit and printed off the forms for me, and would've cost me a bunch more money. I have an IR-1 visa, so the info she gave me was wrong. Other than that, it was a breeze.

Aug/2001: We met, started dating long distance style and lots of weekend sleepovers!!!

May 16/2004: Married, and still doing weekend sleepovers

Mar 13/2006: Sent off I-130

Mar 28/2006: Rec'vd NOA1

July 7/2006: Rec'vd NOA2

Aug 29/2006: Rec'vd IV Bill

Sep 12-2006: Pay IV Bill

Mar 30/2007: Case Completed at NVC

Jul 18/2007: Case left NVC on way to Montreal

Aug 31/2007: Rec'vd 1st interview letter (the one they DIDN'T send me, due to NVC having my address tagged as bad---this one was hubby's that I got 5 weeks late.)

Aug 9/2007 : 1st Interview Date (of course I missed it)

Sep 15/2007: Rec'vd 2nd interview letter

Sep 26/2007: Medical Appt booked

Oct 5/2007: 2nd Interview scheduled in Montreal

Oct 5/2007: Approved!!!!!!!

Oct 11/2007: Recv'd Visa in hand after hearing doorbell ring

Oct 21/2007: Activated visa

Nov 20/2007: Applied for SSN because it wasn't done for me... UGH!!!

Dec 03/2007: Received SSN in mail... YAHOO!

Apr 11/2008: GC finally arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.