globetrotter

UK police check details

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

So when the K1 states you need a police check form all places resident since the age of 16 and the UK police check forms askes for addresses in the last 10 years is this a problem? I am more than 26 so last 10 years does not take me back to 16! I do not know what the UK prrof of police check looks like - does it state dates for which it checked it's database? Do I have to request an additional check for other addresses?

Thanks

K1 Application

23 Feb 2006 - I-129 mailed

14 August 2006 - Approved!!!! :-)

21 October 2006 - Married in the mountains of North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Application

6 November 2006 - Applied for AOS, EAD and AP

09 Decemeber 2006 - e-mail received to say case was trasferred to California

16 December 2006- biometric appointment in Charlotte, NC

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

28 June -Green card ordered

7 July wedding celebrations in Scotland

I just looked at mine and it doesnt state the years - just that there are no records about me on their computers

When I filled in the form I gave what it asked for - which was the addresses lived at in the last 10 years..I'm also over 26 and its not a problem - but Ive never been in trouble with police at any time ever - not even verbal warnings or anything so I was confident about the result.

If in doubt speak to the officer at your local station - but they dont seem to NEED every address since you were 16 so I cant see the wisdom of adding those.

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Timeline
I just looked at mine and it doesnt state the years - just that there are no records about me on their computers

When I filled in the form I gave what it asked for - which was the addresses lived at in the last 10 years..I'm also over 26 and its not a problem - but Ive never been in trouble with police at any time ever - not even verbal warnings or anything so I was confident about the result.

If in doubt speak to the officer at your local station - but they dont seem to NEED every address since you were 16 so I cant see the wisdom of adding those.

Thanks. Not been in trouble either - was just wondering if I had to request anyting different to the standard police check....

K1 Application

AOS Application

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have another question to tack on here. My fiance is British and currently lives in Cambridge, though he has also lived in Manchester and London in the past 10 years. Does he need police checks from each city, or is just one police check that covers your police record within the country? Hope this doesn't add confusion...

So when the K1 states you need a police check form all places resident since the age of 16 and the UK police check forms askes for addresses in the last 10 years is this a problem? I am more than 26 so last 10 years does not take me back to 16! I do not know what the UK prrof of police check looks like - does it state dates for which it checked it's database? Do I have to request an additional check for other addresses?

Thanks

Dont worry, just give your address details for the last 10 years even if they dont go back to the time when u were 16. I applied my Police Certificate from the Strathclyde region (Glasgow) in the same way.

I have another question to tack on here. My fiance is British and currently lives in Cambridge, though he has also lived in Manchester and London in the past 10 years. Does he need police checks from each city, or is just one police check that covers your police record within the country? Hope this doesn't add confusion...

On the application form, if possible, inlude all your addresses for the last 10 years. You should then receive a Police Certificate from your current local Police force AND also another one (which usually takes longer) from Scotand Yard which is from the Police National Computer, covering the whole of UK.

Hope this helps & good luck!

Click here for our complete timeline; from K1 all the way to citizenship.

Timeline

police check asks for addresses in last 10 years. I understand that one check covers all addresses in the UK.

K1 Application

AOS Application

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

Timeline

Thanks

Dont worry, just give your address details for the last 10 years even if they dont go back to the time when u were 16. I applied my Police Certificate from the Strathclyde region (Glasgow) in the same way.

On the application form, if possible, inlude all your addresses for the last 10 years. You should then receive a Police Certificate from your current local Police force AND also another one (which usually takes longer) from Scotand Yard which is from the Police National Computer, covering the whole of UK.

Hope this helps & good luck!

How long is the police certificate valid? I was thinking that my fiance should apply for his so when we get to the point of needing it we will have it. But I don't want to get it too early either. Does anyone know how long it's valid for and also about how long it takes to get?

Thanks!

September, 2000 - met traveling and became friends

August 27, 2004 - Went to the UK for 6 weeks became more than friends

May 27, 2006 - ENGAGED! (He proposed while I was visiting for 6 weeks in London)

June 13, 2006 - Sent I-129F

July 5, 2006 - Rcvd RFE - 'rejection notice'...didn't like our signatures...had to do it again!

July 25, 2006 - Sent I-129F AGAIN! (Hope they like the signatures!)

July 26, 2006 - USCIS rcvd packet

July 31, 2006 - check cashed! (They must like the signatures this time!)

August 4, 2006 - NOA1 received

September 4, 2006 - Fiance comes out for a 2 week visit! No problems at POE...

September 15, 2006 - NOA2 Approval email rcvd.

October 13, 2006 - received notification that NVC received packet

October 27, 2006 - Fiance receives packet 3 instructions from Embassy

December 11, 2006 - Fiance sends in packet 3 (minus checklist) to Embassy in London

January 26, 2007 - Medical in London

January 29, 2007 - Police background check....ALL CLEAR!

March 31, 2007 - Sent off packet 3 checklist

April 26, 2007 - received packet 4...interview set for June 6th!

June 6, 2007 - Interview at London Embassy...APPROVED!!!!!!!!

June 14, 2007 - Rcv'd Visa in the mail...

August 21, 2007 - Fiance arrives in the US!

August 25, 2007 - MARRIED!!!!

September 23, 2007 - Sent off AOS

The police certificate is valid for a period of twelve months from the date on it, in terms of address's if you apply to :

National identification Service, Subject Access Office, Room 350, New Scotland Yard, Broadway, London SW1H OBG, Tel: 02072302958 or Fax: 020 7230 2688 with a letter stating you require a copy of all in formation held on you in ttheir files for immigration purposed, it covers the whole of the UK

If you have every committed any offences you will also require the Memorandums of Conviction for each offence committed. These are obtainable from the court at which you were tried. if you have no offences then all you will get is a letter stating that no information is held about you. Any documents from new Scotland yard will have a NAtional Identification Service Authentic Document band on the top and bottom and it is dark blue.

Hope that helps

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

The Police check is dont on the MAIN police computer.................and when it arrives back to you, its just a letter with a blue line across the top & a blue line across the bottom, you will look at it and say pffffffffffffffffft 10 quid for that :P ...well thats what i did :blush:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Timeline
The police certificate is valid for a period of twelve months from the date on it, in terms of address's if you apply to :

National identification Service, Subject Access Office, Room 350, New Scotland Yard, Broadway, London SW1H OBG, Tel: 02072302958 or Fax: 020 7230 2688 with a letter stating you require a copy of all in formation held on you in ttheir files for immigration purposed, it covers the whole of the UK

If you have every committed any offences you will also require the Memorandums of Conviction for each offence committed. These are obtainable from the court at which you were tried. if you have no offences then all you will get is a letter stating that no information is held about you. Any documents from new Scotland yard will have a NAtional Identification Service Authentic Document band on the top and bottom and it is dark blue.

Hope that helps

Yeh, it does help. I was afraid it would be valid for a short period of time, but now I know he can apply for it sooner rather than later so we have it in hand when we need it.

Thanks!

September, 2000 - met traveling and became friends

August 27, 2004 - Went to the UK for 6 weeks became more than friends

May 27, 2006 - ENGAGED! (He proposed while I was visiting for 6 weeks in London)

June 13, 2006 - Sent I-129F

July 5, 2006 - Rcvd RFE - 'rejection notice'...didn't like our signatures...had to do it again!

July 25, 2006 - Sent I-129F AGAIN! (Hope they like the signatures!)

July 26, 2006 - USCIS rcvd packet

July 31, 2006 - check cashed! (They must like the signatures this time!)

August 4, 2006 - NOA1 received

September 4, 2006 - Fiance comes out for a 2 week visit! No problems at POE...

September 15, 2006 - NOA2 Approval email rcvd.

October 13, 2006 - received notification that NVC received packet

October 27, 2006 - Fiance receives packet 3 instructions from Embassy

December 11, 2006 - Fiance sends in packet 3 (minus checklist) to Embassy in London

January 26, 2007 - Medical in London

January 29, 2007 - Police background check....ALL CLEAR!

March 31, 2007 - Sent off packet 3 checklist

April 26, 2007 - received packet 4...interview set for June 6th!

June 6, 2007 - Interview at London Embassy...APPROVED!!!!!!!!

June 14, 2007 - Rcv'd Visa in the mail...

August 21, 2007 - Fiance arrives in the US!

August 25, 2007 - MARRIED!!!!

September 23, 2007 - Sent off AOS

• 1 year later...

Guys,

I applied for my police certificate already and have received both the British Police one and the Northern Ireland Police letters already!!! I'm glad they're valid for a year as they are dated September 2007 (NI) and October 2007 (UK).

Let's just hope that things don't ge that bad that they will need to be reapplied for ...

R

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

Hey there. Can I ask you how you got your hands on a CRB application form?

I tried to get a copy by phoning their helpline, but I got told that I as an individual couldnt apply for one. They said that the company/organisation who require the CRB must apply for it on my behalf and then send it to me themselves. Doesnt seem right to me.

Its early days in our application, but I just want to get the ball rolling. Any help/hints would be much appreciated.

Minnie x x x

My K1 Timeline

06 09 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

08 09 2007 I-129F received by VSC

11 09 2007 NOA1

13 09 2007 Check cashed

16 01 2008 NOA2 (126 days since NOA1)

31 01 2008 Packet 3 received

06 03 2008 Packet 3 sent to Embassy (I took my sweet time gathering documents)

14 03 2008 Packet 4 Received

09 04 2008 Interview APPROVED

18 04 2008 Visa in hand :0)

22 07 2008 POE JFK (EAD stamp given without even asking)

02 08 2008 Wedding

AOS

18 08 2008 AOS sent

21 08 2008 AOS received at Chicago lock box

11 09 2008 Biometrics

25 09 2008 Case transfered to CSC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hey there. Can I ask you how you got your hands on a CRB application form?

I tried to get a copy by phoning their helpline, but I got told that I as an individual couldnt apply for one. They said that the company/organisation who require the CRB must apply for it on my behalf and then send it to me themselves. Doesnt seem right to me.

Its early days in our application, but I just want to get the ball rolling. Any help/hints would be much appreciated.

Minnie x x x

You don't need a CRB check for US immigration. Just get a Subject Access form from your local police station and follow the instructions.

Gillian

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Does anyone know whether having a CRB enhanced disclosure is sufficient. I already have this due to my job. I went to my local police station and they said they do not deal with visa police checks anymore. Having phoned the CRB they mentioned that the Subject Access form is what is required for visa purposes but that the CRB enhanced disclosure automatically includes this. I don't mind paying the £10 for basically what I already have as long as it is what the embassy requires but it would be useful to know whether the embassy recognises the CRB enhanced disclosure. Thanks :)

Timeline

Cheers for that. Will get onto the local bobbies instead then.

Many thanks.

Minnie x x x

My K1 Timeline

06 09 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

08 09 2007 I-129F received by VSC

11 09 2007 NOA1

13 09 2007 Check cashed

16 01 2008 NOA2 (126 days since NOA1)

31 01 2008 Packet 3 received

06 03 2008 Packet 3 sent to Embassy (I took my sweet time gathering documents)

14 03 2008 Packet 4 Received

09 04 2008 Interview APPROVED

18 04 2008 Visa in hand :0)

22 07 2008 POE JFK (EAD stamp given without even asking)

02 08 2008 Wedding

AOS

18 08 2008 AOS sent

21 08 2008 AOS received at Chicago lock box

11 09 2008 Biometrics

25 09 2008 Case transfered to CSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.