Zamo95

finally interview is over guys

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Geez, vanillabean, lighten up!!! :huh: Simo is only trying to help others w/ his experience, and very obviously he and Carrie have been around here a little longer than you. Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just *maybe* it's not the consulars, but perhaps in the way that things are presented, or the way your SO responds/reacts to questions..... Carrie did a fine job of preparing Simo thanks to the help of other's experiences.... he's only trying to do the same for us..... play nice, now, please :blink:

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
...If you talked this much as you did in one answer in the interview, I would've stamped your visa right there and said get out of my office you're making me crazy! lol just kidding glad everything went well ... Hope you can get home soon !!! (F)

wait a minute... where did that little heart come from on my thingie ????

you have to tell me what zamo means too because my friend named her cat zamo, she's living with an Iraqi and he named her that but I never asked what it meant ! lol

well i don't think my zamo is like your friend's , mine is the last 2 letters of my last name and 1st 2 letters of first name : hamZA MOhamed .

dug it now ? :)

thank you very much for your post .

I LOVE you my sweetheart now, tomorrow, forever and lonnnnnnnnnger than forever..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

if you really don't speak english well but practice interview's questions and answers in english, when somthing goes wrong it's not consulars it is you or petition or not enough proofs, so plz try to work out all this points before interview and then don't worry about any of those ppl in the consulate.

good luck guy and thank you very much .

I am happy you had success, but I think it is darn low of you to come in here and blame fellow VJ'ers for their their cases being returned. You don't really know anything about their cases and it is unfair and unsupportive to blame them.

If your love IS real like you claim, why ALL the training??? Are you worried you wouldn't of passed without it? :whistle:

I think he was trying to help all those with upcoming interviews nothing more nothing less. And its very true (just like any test or exam) if you don't practice and go there unprepared you probably will not pass. He gave us an example of it while he was there. I will take his advice and run. Thank you very much.

5-2005/ met online

11-4-2005/ went to see him in republic of georgia

11-25-2005 returned home

01-17-2006/ sent I129F to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->nsc<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

01-23-2006/ packet was recieved and signed for

01-23-2006 / NOA 1

01-26-2006/ check was cashed

01-31-2006/ recieved NOA 1 in mail

03-23-2006/ NOA 2 - oh yeah

03-27-2006/ touched

03-30-2006/ recieved NOA 2 in mail

04-07-2006-petition was sent to nvc

04-19-2006/petition got entered into nvc system recieved case number

05-30-2006/ interview date ( yahoo)

05-30-2006/he was put on a/p

Timeline
Congrats ! Mabrook !

Can I ask a dumb question ?

Why is it that EVERYONE that goes through Casa gets on AR ? Is it like that with other embassies or just casa ?

well we're now used with that AR option, everyone wants at least to get that rather than get case returned to the states, but it's a security process for them ,maybe they have informations that some terrorits are trying to get to the states thru morocco ,and i couple girls on K-1 didn't get AR, they had their visa issued right away and told to be there next day at 3 to pick up visa .so for some reason they approve girls right away and give guys AR .

thank you very much for your post .

I LOVE you my sweetheart now, tomorrow, forever and lonnnnnnnnnger than forever..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Geez, vanillabean, lighten up!!! :huh: Simo is only trying to help others w/ his experience, and very obviously he and Carrie have been around here a little longer than you. Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just *maybe* it's not the consulars, but perhaps in the way that things are presented, or the way your SO responds/reacts to questions..... Carrie did a fine job of preparing Simo thanks to the help of other's experiences.... he's only trying to do the same for us..... play nice, now, please :blink:

Noura

Hey Noura,

My husband has been here for several years and we are at the naturalization point. I recently joined, but have read posts for quite a long time now. Does seniority mean other's opinions don't count?

The people whose cases have been returned are suffering and they do not need people who have had success coming on here and blaming them for their bad luck. Everyone knows how those female CO's are.

Kiyah and others have been returned unjustly. :unsure:

Timeline
Way to go Simo :thumbs: I'm impressed with that whole long answer part :P you really nailed it.

congrats & hope u get a call soon.

Btw, welcome to the "waiting for that :angry: god da** call from casa"

thank you very much mon ami :) hopefully we will be called for visa same day inshallah ,will let ya know then we could meet there and talk .

bonne chance .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Noura

Hey Noura,

My husband has been here for several years and we are at the naturalization point. I recently joined, but have read posts for quite a long time now. Does seniority mean other's opinions don't count?

The people whose cases have been returned are suffering and they do not need people who have had success coming on here and blaming them for their bad luck. Everyone knows how those female CO's are.

I don't know who you are, but NO ONE is blaming anybody for bad luck. ALL we are trying to do is give our visa experience just like EVERYONE else here does. If I am not mistaken, we were asked to post the interview experience for others following behind us to understand better. All he was trying to express is that the more you know and the better you prepare the easier it will be on you. You need to chill out with the hostilaty. I don't see where anyone was pointing fingers or trying to say what they did wrong cause in the end, NONE of us know the cirumstances surrounding each others relationships. Stop being so defensive!!! If you don't like what is said....move on to another post!

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Noura

Hey Noura,

I don't know who you are, but NO ONE is blaming anybody for bad luck. ALL we are trying to do is give our visa experience just like EVERYONE else here does. If I am not mistaken, we were asked to post the interview experience for others following behind us to understand better. All he was trying to express is that the more you know and the better you prepare the easier it will be on you. You need to chill out with the hostilaty. I don't see where anyone was pointing fingers or trying to say what they did wrong cause in the end, NONE of us know the cirumstances surrounding each others relationships. Stop being so defensive!!! If you don't like what is said....move on to another post!

Carrie,

YOU CAN DO THE SAME. If you don't like what I have to say, DON'T READ IT!!! :no:

Timeline

hi vanillabean, I'm sure Simo never meant to offend no one or blame the returned petitions, but in a way he is right.

I had my interview on April 17,& luckily i got the nice guy.There was another girl on k1 who was being interviwed by the lady & she gave her a real hard time.& to be honest i dont blame the CO.why?

1. She doesnt know english & claimes to understand it, & when the CO asks her in english she just keeps staring at her.

2. Her fiance (USC) doesnt speak neither arabic or frensh, so obviously the CO had to ask her "how do u communicate with eachother??".Hell, I thought of that question even before the CO asked her that :P

3. The age diffrence of 20 YEARS

4. Her sister in the USA arranged the marriage :whistle:

5. They dont have any proof of on going relationship like emails, phone bills, chats, etc... :wacko:

Yes i was evesdroping on em :whistle: in case i was asked the same questions, but all of a sudden the guy CO calls my name :dance:

I'm not saying that you have similar red flags or that u even have any, but just blaming the CO isn't gonna get you any closer to being with your loved one.

Hope i didnt offend anyone with this post, just remember one thing, "we are all here for the same purpose".

Good luck to everyone on their journey...

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

Timeline
I am happy you had success, but I think it is darn low of you to come in here and blame fellow VJ'ers for their their cases being returned. You don't really know anything about their cases and it is unfair and unsupportive to blame them.

If your love IS real like you claim, why ALL the training??? Are you worried you wouldn't of passed without it? :whistle:

[/font][/size]

am sorry if you take it that way, but am sure some guys here wouldn't admit to their fiancées how they exactly screwed up their interview. am not blaming them for that because am sure they did what they were able to do, so am just trying to figur things out, i don't think there were many moroccan guys who posted every details of interview here, but me i shared my little experiences with ppl having their interview soon and it's also for ppl who had their cases returned to states and waiting inshallah for an other interview to avoid any mistakes. when i said training that doesn't have ANY thing with feelings, it's just for interview to know how to answer to their questions, my point is to train answers in english , phone numbers, adresses, because it' always the same thing for everyone having interview and even consulars are drilling questions so easily because they are used to that, so i want guys here to be like them train questions and answers so as their ears to not be surprised by questions because their girls were asking the same thing, so once they are with consular they would feel like they are with their girls :). hope you dig it now :) right noura .?

thank you very much for discussing your point .it's all for us for you for everyone here to get things clarified and am sure many ppl here they don't mind to be blamed if it's to help them .

good luck :thumbs:

Simo, Congratulations and thanks for the long detailed explanation. It's terrible that we have to work so hard to justify our relationships, but unfortunately that's the difference between getting a visa and not getting one many times, and since we all want to be together, that's what we just have to do.

I'm sure your message here will help anyone else getting ready to go through the same thing.

You have certainly practiced your English here with us enough, and you will be so much more prepared for life here in the states than those who haven't. Just be prepared to not understand street talk. Poor Abdel still looks at the people he meets on the bus and says "I have no idea what you just said." He has no trouble most of the time understanding educated people though, and academic talk. You're coming to Georgia too, right? Atlanta? You'll only be about 4 hours from us so we'll have to get together some time after you and Carrie have a very long honeymoon.

thank you very much liz and abdel ,yes would be great to meet inshallah and have some nice tajine for dinner :)

and yes everything getting better alhmdullah and will be much better thanks to my loving brillant princess (L) .

salam to you and abdel :)

Timeline

thank you Simo, would love to get together sometime.

Btw, I had a drink at that cafe too "BIVERLY" but after the interviw, & talked to my sweetheart:d

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry if I offended anyone saying anything.... All of us are here not only to support thru the hard times, but to cheer thru the victories! I understand that sometimes it's hard for those who are suffering to celebrate someone else's victory, but insh'allah, we will all have our victory in due time.

I hope everyone gets thru this journey soon and w/ little more hassle than has already been dealt with... and GIANT MUBARAKS FOR THOSE W/ SUCCESS :dance::dance::dance:

Simo & Carrie, you deserve all the best in life, and I'm so happy to share your success w/ you- as I know you will be w/ me and Said when our time comes.... insh'allah, by the fall!

:thumbs: Noura :luv:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline
thank you Simo, would love to get together sometime.

Btw, I had a drink at that cafe too "BIVERLY" but after the interviw, & talked to my sweetheart:d

yes it's a nice café, i loved their (croissants) the girl in the café was like :blink: when i told her 1 café and 3 bread (croissants) hahahahaha:).

well i'm gonna give you e-mail, yahoo and phone number.

salam alikom from marrakesh

Filed: Timeline

Zamo is making a valid point regarding the "training" part, or going over things together before the interview. We went through Cairo, not Casa, but still the nerves are the same. Mohammed was so nervous he was having trouble even understanding Arabic. He could hardly think straight. If we hadn't sat down and gone over things as we did, he would have had nothing to fall back on when he stressed out. He said it helped him a lot. He remembered my words and it relaxed him. It was a familiarity to fall back on when things went nutsy in his head. It has very little to do with whether the love is "real" or not.

I also wanted to say that it seems (although I am no expert) that ME/NA males are automatically given AP/AR. I've done some reading and it appears that this is standard procedure since 9/11. I will admit, though, I question why they are allowing females through so easily. That's a pretty fat loop hole to leave open, wouldn't you say? If I am incorrect, I hope someone more knowledgeable steps us and corrects me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.