ketan128

What to send with this checklist(DS-230)?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I read above in this thread informing everyone that bombay and chennai are appoitment posts now. I wanted to let everyone know that new delhi has also been changed to appoitment posts now. I do not know if this is good or bad but gives me a feeling that my wife will have to do less in india before her interview.

I also have a question for those whose beneficaiaries are/were in new delhi, india - i have come to know that the passport office requires a formal letter from the NVC instructing the benificiary to get a police clearance certificate. Is this really true? My wife was getting ready to go get the PCC from passport office but didn't go when she was told this by someone else. It is my understanding that even when she gets the letter from NVC asking her to complete DS-230 and the supporting documents, the letter only points her to the downlodable instructions available online for the documents required for appointment posts and not specifically list the documents needed in the letter. If that is the case she will not be able to satisfy the passport office's requirement for a letter from the NVC - what is everyone's opinion? please advice.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

okay i know i am jumping the gun, in that i am way to early in the process. we have filed a 129-f. so when we get the notice from the NVC i send all those documents listed, birth cert, divorce decree, etc. out to the NVC? i thought that when i send my fiancée the copy of the original packet sent to the CSC i enclose all the originals for her to have at the interview.

sorry for being confused

This part of the NVC process applies to IR1/CR1 visas only - not K visas :thumbs:

I wanted to add to what I said below, it should have read: NVC does not receive the documents for Standard processing posts. They just request a copy of the biographic page of the passport and part 1 of the DS-230 I believe. Not many posts are standard anymore.

for the standard processing does nvc still receive the original documents and then forward to embassy? there are 2 standard processing embassy's in india and 2 apptointment now and if I am not mistaken they are different it how they receive the documents. I think only the appointment processing have you mail to nvc and then vfs is out of the loop, at least that was my understanding from nvc when I asked them about chennai (chennai and mumbai are appointment processing now).

Standard processing posts do not receive the documents.

Bombay is Appointment processing.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I read above in this thread informing everyone that bombay and chennai are appoitment posts now. I wanted to let everyone know that new delhi has also been changed to appoitment posts now. I do not know if this is good or bad but gives me a feeling that my wife will have to do less in india before her interview.

I also have a question for those whose beneficaiaries are/were in new delhi, india - i have come to know that the passport office requires a formal letter from the NVC instructing the benificiary to get a police clearance certificate. Is this really true? My wife was getting ready to go get the PCC from passport office but didn't go when she was told this by someone else. It is my understanding that even when she gets the letter from NVC asking her to complete DS-230 and the supporting documents, the letter only points her to the downlodable instructions available online for the documents required for appointment posts and not specifically list the documents needed in the letter. If that is the case she will not be able to satisfy the passport office's requirement for a letter from the NVC - what is everyone's opinion? please advice.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

okay i know i am jumping the gun, in that i am way to early in the process. we have filed a 129-f. so when we get the notice from the NVC i send all those documents listed, birth cert, divorce decree, etc. out to the NVC? i thought that when i send my fiancée the copy of the original packet sent to the CSC i enclose all the originals for her to have at the interview.

sorry for being confused

This part of the NVC process applies to IR1/CR1 visas only - not K visas :thumbs:

I wanted to add to what I said below, it should have read: NVC does not receive the documents for Standard processing posts. They just request a copy of the biographic page of the passport and part 1 of the DS-230 I believe. Not many posts are standard anymore.

for the standard processing does nvc still receive the original documents and then forward to embassy? there are 2 standard processing embassy's in india and 2 apptointment now and if I am not mistaken they are different it how they receive the documents. I think only the appointment processing have you mail to nvc and then vfs is out of the loop, at least that was my understanding from nvc when I asked them about chennai (chennai and mumbai are appointment processing now).

Standard processing posts do not receive the documents.

Bombay is Appointment processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.