no name

Obama aide sorry for 'monster' comment

50 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
She didn't just 'resign' for no reason, she was pushed. My comment stands, I wonder if she was pushed because Obama decided that her conduct in losing her cool in an on the record situation (all be it for a book launch rather than specifically connected to the nomination campaign) or because of that speficic comment? My hunch is the former.

He said he'd fire anyone who resorted to personal attacks, and that's what she did. Not the most professional thing to do. She's already been used by opponents as an example of Obama's uberliberalness, so it was probably convenient to let her go anyway.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I just discovered she's a redhead, that explains everything. :lol:

like?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
She didn't just 'resign' for no reason, she was pushed. My comment stands, I wonder if she was pushed because Obama decided that her conduct in losing her cool in an on the record situation (all be it for a book launch rather than specifically connected to the nomination campaign) or because of that speficic comment? My hunch is the former.

He said he'd fire anyone who resorted to personal attacks, and that's what she did. Not the most professional thing to do. She's already been used by opponents as an example of Obama's uberliberalness, so it was probably convenient to let her go anyway.

Well then he's going to be firing a lot of people, because he will have to go negative to beat Hillary and it's going to get nasty.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh my word, if using the word monster to describe your political opponent is that horrible then Hillary isn't ready for what the Republicans will call her if she becomes the nominee. This is such a non-issue. It's a metaphor and no more outrageous that comparing Obama to Kenneth Starr. Silly, silly nonsense, but here we go...more of the same ol sh#t instead of focusing on the issues.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Fancy, that's interestingly ironic of you, hahahahaha.

:P:lol::lol::lol:

I also just noticed that I didn't quite complete my sentence...

Now, back to the generalizations and stereotypes!

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

A bit of both, I'm guessing. It looks bad for his campaign either way. CLinton has forced out several who made 'wrongful' comments as well.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Wow. Are journalistic ethics completely different in the UK? Because when someone says "this is off the record," you shouldn't print it. If you agree that the whole interview is on the record, the interviewee still has the right to withdraw bits and pieces. Saying it right after instead of right before technically gives the journalist the right to use it, but it's sleazy, IMO.

Either way, I <3 Samantha Power's cojones.

Not really - but the libel and defamation laws sure are. Tom Cruise didn't sue the US media for the stories claiming that he was gay - he waited until the stories were reprinted in UK papers and sued them for it.

More accurately I believe there are differences in the Scots laws and English law. They're not usually interchangeable,

Edited by Number 6

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Fancy, that's interestingly ironic of you, hahahahaha.

:P:lol::lol::lol:

I also just noticed that I didn't quite complete my sentence...

Now, back to the generalizations and stereotypes!

It's all about who benefits and who gets the negative press from these things.

Really? I thought it was about not allowing the press to dictate to the population how it should view politics. The more you/me/everyone rants and raves about this shite (and I mean all the shite going both ways - not just the shite that goes against Obama) the less air time is given to anything that is actually going to affect anyone once all the dust settles.

Still, if you want to play the 'if Hilary does it I'll buy it but if Obama does it I won't' game then fine. I don't think either candidate is squeaky clean, and if Obama was as politically niave as he is making himself out to be, I don't think he'd get very far. His hands are as dirty as anyones. It's virtually impossible to negotiate through the maze of life without doing something unethical, no matter how much one tries not to and politicians are not known for trying not to all the time, well not succesful ones anyway.

We know that politicans have an agenda, we just hope that a good part of that agenda includes policies that will make a difference to us Joe averages. Some of that agenda is because they enjoy the limelight, feeling important. I have got used to that over the years and I don't think any politician is unsullied but have come to the conclusion that mostly that's ok, because most of them most of the time are trying to do good things that effect our lives, not just theirs.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
Clearly you don't know much about the Irish.

my first wife had red hair...and it wasn't clairol :whistle:

now feel free to keep explaining about the irish :pop:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
Clearly you don't know much about the Irish.

my first wife had red hair...and it wasn't clairol :whistle:

now feel free to keep explaining about the irish :pop:

I didn't know you were born in Ireland?

the previous doesn't imply such.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *