clairern

Interview dates

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you have gone thru NVC as an appointment post, how were you made aware of your interview dates? Were you sent an e-mail, or did you have to call the NVC or DOS, or did you wait to receive the appointment letter. Just checking what to expect in terms of finding out about the interview scheduling. I know, I know NVC schedules interview during the second week of the current month for the next month's interview. I am only intererested in finding out how anyone know about the interview appointment. Does the agent also get a copy of the interview appointment letter mailed to them.

A couple of times when I have called the NVC, I was asked for an e-mail address. What is that used for? Are you at anytime contacted via e-mail by the NVC or embassy with first initiating one?

(To this day Mike has not received any of the correspondence that I (agent) have been getting from NVC since his date became current in July 2007, and now his case is completed.) :o:o

Am I rambling? Anyway, your responses to my questions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Claire :luv::luv:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
If you have gone thru NVC as an appointment post, how were you made aware of your interview dates? Were you sent an e-mail, or did you have to call the NVC or DOS, or did you wait to receive the appointment letter. Just checking what to expect in terms of finding out about the interview scheduling. I know, I know NVC schedules interview during the second week of the current month for the next month's interview. I am only intererested in finding out how anyone know about the interview appointment. Does the agent also get a copy of the interview appointment letter mailed to them.

A couple of times when I have called the NVC, I was asked for an e-mail address. What is that used for? Are you at anytime contacted via e-mail by the NVC or embassy with first initiating one?

(To this day Mike has not received any of the correspondence that I (agent) have been getting from NVC since his date became current in July 2007, and now his case is completed.) :o:o

Am I rambling? Anyway, your responses to my questions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Claire hon, can I tell you - I am mad happy for you that the case is finally complete :dance:

I called NVC on the day that they finished scheduling the interviews and heard that we had our interview date. Within a few days the automated system was updated with the information. The DOS didn't have the interview information in their system until the Embassy in Kingston had put it into their system.

I got the interview letter within a week of hearing that Aaron was scheduled; he got a copy of the letter as did our Choice of Agent (we had a lawyer). You should get a copy of Mike's letter, Mike should get one and so will his dad. If he doesn't get the letter, he can use yours or his dad's to get into the embassy.

I can't wait to hear that Mike's date has been scheduled!! Nuff love mi dear :luv:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

if your interview is being scheduled by the NVC then you need to keep calling the NVC until they tell you when you are scheduled for. Usually the second or third week of each month.

I called today and the operator told me to call the third week of this month to know if i had an April Interview.

CONGRATS ON YOUR COMPLETED CASE!

!!Our Journey!!!

Karla and Jaime

Married on 4-14-2007

I130 sent- 5-8-2007

I130 approved-9-7-2007

5-9-2208 APPROVED VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!! (second interview)

5-26-08 VISA IN HAND FINALLY!!

6-12-08 MY HUBBY IS COMING HOME YAY!! POE LAX!

6-23-08 social security received WOW SUPER FAST!!!

6-24-08 green card arrived!!! WHOOT WHOOT!

3-24-2010 Sent I-751 paperwork to California service center

8-3-2010 I-751 approved!!! WHOO HOO!!!

Timeline

Thanks

Claire hon, can I tell you - I am mad happy for you that the case is finally complete :dance:

I called NVC on the day that they finished scheduling the interviews and heard that we had our interview date. Within a few days the automated system was updated with the information. The DOS didn't have the interview information in their system until the Embassy in Kingston had put it into their system.

I got the interview letter within a week of hearing that Aaron was scheduled; he got a copy of the letter as did our Choice of Agent (we had a lawyer). You should get a copy of Mike's letter, Mike should get one and so will his dad. If he doesn't get the letter, he can use yours or his dad's to get into the embassy.

I can't wait to hear that Mike's date has been scheduled!! Nuff love mi dear :luv:

Thanks Tam, Tam, I am mad happy too but I am scared sh!tless at this moment.

How do you know when they have finished scheduling interviews to call?

I can't wait to hear that good news about the interview also. I feel like I am going bonkers. Everytime I talk to his dad, he laughs at me and keep telling me that everyhting is going to be alright. :wacko::wacko:

Timeline
if your interview is being scheduled by the NVC then you need to keep calling the NVC until they tell you when you are scheduled for. Usually the second or third week of each month.

I called today and the operator told me to call the third week of this month to know if i had an April Interview.

CONGRATS ON YOUR COMPLETED CASE!

Thanks Karla. Congrats on getting your case completed. I hope you get your interview scheduled for April as I am hoping for Mike also. :thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
I know, I know NVC schedules interview during the second week of the current month for the next month's interview.

I haven't confirmed this with like 4 others operators :lol:, ony one told me that actually they START scheduling on second week of month and continue to the end.

We shall see.

And CLAIRERN congrats again and again big step ahead of us this is.

Timeline
I know, I know NVC schedules interview during the second week of the current month for the next month's interview.

I haven't confirmed this with like 4 others operators :lol:, ony one told me that actually they START scheduling on second week of month and continue to the end.

We shall see.

And CLAIRERN congrats again and again big step ahead of us this is.

Yeah girl, I know :thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline

Thanks

Girl, do you remember back in January when I was sending in the DS-230 and Mike hadn't signed the ppolice certificate, how stressed out I was. I was freaking out because everyone told me that the PC had to be signed and to send it back to Mike and have him sign it. I went ahead and sent it in anyway and never got a RFE for that. Can you imagine case completed without that being signed? The NVC operator had told me that there was nowhere in the instructions that indicated that it had to be signed. :thumbs:

Thanks again for all your help and advice :thumbs:

Edited by clairern

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks

Girl, do you remember back in January when I was sending in the DS-230 and Mike hadn't signed the ppolice certificate, how stressed out I was. I was freaking out because everyone told me that the PC had to be signed and to send it back to Mike and have him sign it. I went ahead and sent it in anyway and never got a RFE for that. Can you imagine case completed without that being signed? The NVC operator had told me that there was nowhere in the instructions that indicated that it had to be signed. :thumbs:

Thanks again for all your help and advice :thumbs:

My dear, it is one of those things that when you get to the end you wonder "what the hell was I stressing over". You know, when I think of it, the CO had asked Aaron to sign the PC at the embassy when we had the interview. I am so happy you didn't get an RFE for that. You are on your way. Just keep calling them until you hear that they have finished scheduling the interviews.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.