nu7015

A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not trying to push a book here but just wondering if anyone else has experienced the power of this book?

ANE_Thumbnail_Web.jpg

Eckhart Tolle

"True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment. This inner alignment with Now is the end of suffering. Is suffering really necessary? Yes and no. If you had not suffered as you have, there would be no depth to you as a human being, no humility, no compassion. You would not be reading this now. Suffering cracks open the shell of ego, and then comes a point when it has served its purpose. Suffering is necessary until you realize it is unnecessary." Eckhart Tolle

usmorocco-1.jpg

Timeline
Is it really amazing or just another Oprah 'Secret'?

Colour me skeptical on Oprah's must read lists.

Not to sound too corny here but the only way I can describe the impact this book is having on me is that I feel that I am looking at the world with a new pair of eyes. I've read many books but this one is having a huge effect on me!

"True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment. This inner alignment with Now is the end of suffering. Is suffering really necessary? Yes and no. If you had not suffered as you have, there would be no depth to you as a human being, no humility, no compassion. You would not be reading this now. Suffering cracks open the shell of ego, and then comes a point when it has served its purpose. Suffering is necessary until you realize it is unnecessary." Eckhart Tolle

usmorocco-1.jpg

As indeed the people who read the 'secret' described their experience. However, I am not looking for an equivelant to religious enlightenment in my life so I guess I may well pass on this...although in the interests of first hand knowledge I may check it out of the library at some point. All the books of this genre that I have read/skimmed (sometimes they are truly unreadable with poor logic and extremely tenuous conclusions) have left me cold so far.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
As indeed the people who read the 'secret' described their experience. However, I am not looking for an equivelant to religious enlightenment in my life so I guess I may well pass on this...although in the interests of first hand knowledge I may check it out of the library at some point. All the books of this genre that I have read/skimmed (sometimes they are truly unreadable with poor logic and extremely tenuous conclusions) have left me cold so far.

It has some elements of The Secret in it but this comes from a much different perspective. It's not as simple as The Secret. The first few pages of A New Earth are difficult in some ways to get through but after the first 50-60 pages I felt a change in me. On page 7 he says, "It will change your state of consciousness or it will be meaningless." It affects people differently.

usmorocco-1.jpg

Ah, the ever popular, 'if you're not 'one of us' (enlightened/intelligent/open to new ideas (insert your own adjective here) people you'll find it meaningless (won't get it/mock it/remain a sinner) clause. I'll still check it out of the library just to make certain, but I think you have answered my question.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Anyone in VJ land reading or have read this book? I'd love to hear about your experience! There has to be someone out there...

usmorocco-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

From what I understand there's nearly 500,000 reading throughout the world and participating in Oprah's online class about it. My Mom tried to rope me into reading it too, but so far I have not succumbed.

Did you sign up for Oprah's class?

Timeline
From what I understand there's nearly 500,000 reading throughout the world and participating in Oprah's online class about it. My Mom tried to rope me into reading it too, but so far I have not succumbed.

Did you sign up for Oprah's class?

Yes I'm doing the online class too. The first class was this past Monday and it was incredible.

usmorocco-1.jpg