Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Does anyone know what countries a Jamaican citizen can travel to without a travel visa? I think Cayman is one, but are there others?

Without a visa, Jamaican nationals can actually travel to many countries. Places where a Jamaican national may visit for an unlimited time without a visa would be: Antiga, Barbuda, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cyprus, Dominca, Fiji, Gambia, Great Britain, Grendada, Haiti, Honduras, Ireland, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Peru, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Surinam, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 6 month visit to: Barbados.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 3 month visit to: Bermuda, Chile, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino, South Korea, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 1 month visit to: Argentina, Columbia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Monaco, Papua New Guinea, Uruguay.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 2 week visit to: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St. Maarten.

Jamaican's can go to England without a Visa?? I thought they needed one.

They can't. They need one. In the past you could go without one, but that changed a few years ago.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone know what countries a Jamaican citizen can travel to without a travel visa? I think Cayman is one, but are there others?

Without a visa, Jamaican nationals can actually travel to many countries. Places where a Jamaican national may visit for an unlimited time without a visa would be: Antiga, Barbuda, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cyprus, Dominca, Fiji, Gambia, Great Britain, Grendada, Haiti, Honduras, Ireland, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Peru, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Surinam, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 6 month visit to: Barbados.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 3 month visit to: Bermuda, Chile, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino, South Korea, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 1 month visit to: Argentina, Columbia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Monaco, Papua New Guinea, Uruguay.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 2 week visit to: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St. Maarten.

Jamaican's can go to England without a Visa?? I thought they needed one.

They can't. They need one. In the past you could go without one, but that changed a few years ago.

I have no idea. I got this straight off a web travel site.

I have no idea. I got this straight off a web travel site.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Yah, that's right on England. They really need to update that website a little.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey Tre.....

Does Marcel still work at HI? If not, who knows someone that works at Holiday Inn Sunspree in Mo Bay?

I heard rumor all employees got letters stating their services are no longer needed. Andre's mom said she heard they were picketing in front of the hotel in protest and blocking all guests from entering and exiting. She said they called in the police.

Only problem I have with that story is if they fired all the employees, how did they have guests at all? I am thinking maybe they got letters stating WHEN their services would no longer be needed and it coincides with what I heard before.

Anyhow, I need some confirmation and we can't get a hold of Richard. Anyone know anything?

link:

Holiday Inn sends 60 workers on Permanent Holiday

So the holiday Inn was sold to the owners of the Sunset Chain?? When you follow the link above there is a poll asking if local laws should be relaxed to allow foreign investment as the RIU 78% of voters said no and over 2000 people voted, interesting.

Yes.

The RIU got a really bad review in the Gleaner today from a man who had a really bad experience.

Interesting JG -- Please send me the link. I was asked to do a write up on the RIU since I've stayed at all of them in Jamaica. I'm participating the next few weeks on a panel in New York. It's really to see how returning (Jamaicans) are treated at the resorts. I can't wait.

Sorry.....it was the Observer.....

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/letters/htm...U_OCHO_RIOS.asp

UNBELIEVABLE.. maybe this is y they were offering that crazy low rate the other day. WOW..so glad I didn't book! That is just so unjust to not give any kind of warning.

I pray for all those workers and their families.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would like to share a word of warning about Jamaicans traveling without a visa - from my one experience. Apparently it is also very common for Jamaicans to go to Panama for shopping and what not. Anywho, in 2005 I went on a trip with a group of friends to Belize and had the mister join me there. The flight was half the battle as he left Kingston and went to Haiti, Caymans then Panama (or some such combination - it didn't make any sense). He got to Panama with no trouble but leaving Panama for Belize proved to be quite the issue. They didn't want to let him leave the country. He was stuck there for three days, wasting all his travel money there on hotel, taxi and food before he was finally "allowed" to leave Panama for Belize City. Even once he got to Belize City they didn't want to let him leave for San Pedro Island where our group was staying. At least the owner of the house we were renting knew someone in immigration and convinced them that the mister would be returning to Jamaica. It was very kind of the man to give his guarantee. My man did finally make it but wasted alot of time and money to get to Belize. Just a word of warning.

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Timeline

WTH? Why all the island jumping and what not, Mrs. H?

I have a friend who flew her Jamaican boyfriend to Belize directly and met up with him for a cruise. They said things went pretty smoothly.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Hey Tre.....

Does Marcel still work at HI? If not, who knows someone that works at Holiday Inn Sunspree in Mo Bay?

I heard rumor all employees got letters stating their services are no longer needed. Andre's mom said she heard they were picketing in front of the hotel in protest and blocking all guests from entering and exiting. She said they called in the police.

Only problem I have with that story is if they fired all the employees, how did they have guests at all? I am thinking maybe they got letters stating WHEN their services would no longer be needed and it coincides with what I heard before.

Anyhow, I need some confirmation and we can't get a hold of Richard. Anyone know anything?

link:

So the holiday Inn was sold to the owners of the Sunset Chain?? When you follow the link above there is a poll asking if local laws should be relaxed to allow foreign investment as the RIU 78% of voters said no and over 2000 people voted, interesting.

Yes.

The RIU got a really bad review in the Gleaner today from a man who had a really bad experience.

Interesting JG -- Please send me the link. I was asked to do a write up on the RIU since I've stayed at all of them in Jamaica. I'm participating the next few weeks on a panel in New York. It's really to see how returning (Jamaicans) are treated at the resorts. I can't wait.

UNBELIEVABLE.. maybe this is y they were offering that crazy low rate the other day. WOW..so glad I didn't book! That is just so unjust to not give any kind of warning.

See that's what I'm talking about. I can't wait for them to start asking me questions on this panel. :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would like to share a word of warning about Jamaicans traveling without a visa - from my one experience. Apparently it is also very common for Jamaicans to go to Panama for shopping and what not. Anywho, in 2005 I went on a trip with a group of friends to Belize and had the mister join me there. The flight was half the battle as he left Kingston and went to Haiti, Caymans then Panama (or some such combination - it didn't make any sense). He got to Panama with no trouble but leaving Panama for Belize proved to be quite the issue. They didn't want to let him leave the country. He was stuck there for three days, wasting all his travel money there on hotel, taxi and food before he was finally "allowed" to leave Panama for Belize City. Even once he got to Belize City they didn't want to let him leave for San Pedro Island where our group was staying. At least the owner of the house we were renting knew someone in immigration and convinced them that the mister would be returning to Jamaica. It was very kind of the man to give his guarantee. My man did finally make it but wasted alot of time and money to get to Belize. Just a word of warning.

they didn't want him to leave the country or let him in country. Normally they let you out no problem.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Tre.....

link:

Yes.

See that's what I'm talking about. I can't wait for them to start asking me questions on this panel. :angry:

when yuh sit down on dis yah panel, please remember to throw out the words discounted rates a lot. tank!!

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Panel? What panel? What did I miss?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Hey Tre.....

link:

Yes.

To add to what I've said. My only problem with the Riu when I stayed in Ocho was that my room was not ready...that's how we ended up with a Suite. However, I've had many, many problems with other properties with the way LOCALS and returning JAMAICANS to the island are treated. For those of you who have never experienced this, consider it a blessing. I've had to cuss out Holiday Inn, Jamaica Grande...Breezes, Sunset, Braco, Super Clubs, Hedo...I'm talking about big brand hotels. I don't know what the problem is, but maybe one day I can find out. It's a messed up feeling that's all I can say. When Marcel and I was at the Riu..he was asked several times by guest to get things... like on day we were on the beach just chilling with his friends and this couple walked up to him and asked him to get them some towels. He said, okay. I'll be right there.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Tre.....

link:

OMG-D...this is SO sad!!! I just called Ken and he had NO idea!!

Gill

I think it is just the beginning, Gill. I can't help but worry what will happen to the rest of them between now and January when the hotel changes hands and what happens after.

What sickens me is they are so underhanded about everything. There is no warning for anyone.

I hear you JG...Ken was telling me that he has friends that have worked for that resort in one way or another for over 20 years...and this is the thanks they get! That's just not right!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Girl you so crazy...I was asked to sit on a panel to discuss the way returning Jamaicans or locals are treated when they stay at resorts on the island...and I can't wait. I wonder what I'll get. I usually get freebies when I do things like this. Research

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

they didn't want him to leave the country or let him in country. Normally they let you out no problem.

Yeah - that was the weird part. I don't know what it was but they didn't want him to leave Panama. Then once he got to Belize City they didn't want to let him leave the airport. I don't know what the problem was. Well.....I guess I do know what the problem was - the concern is once a person is in Belize they can travel through Mexico and get to the US - if one was so inclined.

And about the flight that was so jacked up - he booked it through a cousin at a travel agency in JA so it might have been the cheapest flight??? Maybe that is why he got the grand tour of the carribean?

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Timeline

Girl you so crazy...I was asked to sit on a panel to discuss the way returning Jamaicans or locals are treated when they stay at resorts on the island...and I can't wait. I wonder what I'll get. I usually get freebies when I do things like this. Research

Interesting............I missed you chatting about that. Sounds very interesting. Give them hell, Tre.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.