Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Marla's visa was printed this morning....Hopefully AirPack will deliver it this evening or early in the morning. If so she will be coming home to me on Friday night or Saturday morning. Its about Time!

Hey Jason. Congrats. How did you find out? Did you call the 202# again. LOL I hope you get your wish that she will be home with you this weekend. This is so long over due :dance:

I called the 202# they told me when it was prinited, they were very nice. but I can't say that about the embassy, I e-mailed them 4x and they never did respond. Marla is getting her visa today and as soon as she gets it in her hand, I will book her a flight that lands in Atlanta tomorrow at 4:30. Pray that everything goes well!

That's good news Jason. When you e-mail the embassy with your question, did you put in the subject line 2nd Inquiry, 3rd Inquiry and so on? I know they're sick of me, but I don't care....that's what WE pay taxes for.

Yes each time I put in the # of inquiry in the subject line.

202-663-1225 - I always ask them to give me detailed info because they get detailed info.

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Which is the magical 202#? I have two: 202-663-1541 & 202-663-1225.

I am on hold right now checking to see if NVC has received my petitions...... :whistle:

My girl where did you get the other number from. I hope you're on hold with 202-663-1225. They've always been very help full and very nice to be. They were annoyed when I told them I received instructions in my packet that we need to submit and I-864 instead of an I-134.

I think I got the other number while listening to the menu of options to select??? Eeeks. Now I don't remember.....but that could be because I did get through to a very helpful VSC rep and found out that my case was received on 5/5 and sent to Kingston on 5/7 and she also verified that embassy had received the petition. CHA! :dance: What a lovely surprise!

WOW - things are moving now!

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Filed: Timeline

I am on hold right now checking to see if NVC has received my petitions...... :whistle:

My girl where did you get the other number from. I hope you're on hold with 202-663-1225. They've always been very help full and very nice to be. They were annoyed when I told them I received instructions in my packet that we need to submit and I-864 instead of an I-134.

I think I got the other number while listening to the menu of options to select??? Eeeks. Now I don't remember.....but that could be because I did get through to a very helpful VSC rep and found out that my case was received on 5/5 and sent to Kingston on 5/7 and she also verified that embassy had received the petition. CHA! :dance: What a lovely surprise!

Yep....now it's time for the DS-230. my fiance still don't have Packet 4 :angry: ...I received my copy and I DHL it to him, but his name is not in the address part, it's listed at the bottom though with the date and time. I hope this will not cause a problem during his medical.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Yep....now it's time for the DS-230. my fiance still don't have Packet 4 :angry: ...I received my copy and I DHL it to him, but his name is not in the address part, it's listed at the bottom though with the date and time. I hope this will not cause a problem during his medical.

Hey Tre,

Will the embassy send both us of, petitioner and beneficiary, the docs?

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Since a mi one in yah! Mi ago mek mi self laugh

Three Little Bears (Jamaican version):

(If there were bears in Jamaica, this would be the local version...)

Baby Bear goes downstairs and sits in his small chair at the table,

he looks into his small bowl. It is empty.

'Mama, smaddy nyam mi parridge!!' he squeaks.

Papa Bear arrives at the big table and sits in his big chair. He looks

into his bowl, and it is also empty.

'A who nyam mi parridge?!!' he roars.

Momma Bear puts her head through the serving hatch from the kitchen and

yells at the top of her voice,

'Ah mi git up fuss and wake up everybody else inna di house.

A me mek di tea. A me wash up di dish dem and put weh everyting.

A me go out inna di cold mawnin air an ketch di newspaper.

A me set di table. An a me put out di puss, clean di litter box an full

di water and food dish.

An now oonu decide fi drag oonu raahtid bear-### down yah an siddung

inna mi kitchen wid oonu ole grumpy self!

Well mek mi tell oonu dis once an fi all..........

MI NUH MEK NO RAAS PARRIDGE YET!!'

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Hey Ladies ang Gents;

I just got off the phone with Mobay hope they had to reschedule's my fiance's medical to the June 9th. She also told me that the medical fees will be going up as well as newer vaccine requirements. She also told me that when you have your medical done, you will have a choice of it being expressed delivered to the embassy or you can return and pick it up and bring it with you to the interview. The envelope will have to remain sealed. This is suppose to go into affect sometime in June. She was suprised that I was not aware of this. Did anyone else hear such?

Nov ---

Hey Tre,

Will the embassy send both us of, petitioner and beneficiary, the docs?

I requested it, since I will be at the interview. My friend also requested a packet, but she did not attend the interview.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Mawnin Yardies!

It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy

HEAR HEAR !!!

I just looked at my bank account and woo-hoo....a likkle surprise....my stimulus payment, but....it was only for $900.00 ?? I thought it was $900 for a couple and $300 for the child? I'm just a little confused about this ???

I'm now in the process of booking a trip for me and my son to go to Punta Cana next weekend :dance:

Timeline
Mawnin Yardies!

Enjoy

HEAR HEAR !!!

I just looked at my bank account and woo-hoo....a likkle surprise....my stimulus payment, but....it was only for $900.00 ?? I thought it was $900 for a couple and $300 for the child? I'm just a little confused about this ???

I'm now in the process of booking a trip for me and my son to go to Punta Cana next weekend :dance:

See, I'm soooo darn excited right now, I can't even type............daaaah, supposed to be HERE HERE !!!! Now just to find someone *reliable* and caring to watch over my kitties !

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawnin Yardies!

Enjoy

HEAR HEAR !!!

got mine today too girl.. but I was good cuz I thought my $900 was supposed to be $600!!!! WOO HOO Thank u LORD!!!!

Timeline
Has anyone had trouble calling JA the last couple of days? I haven't been able to get through or the reception is bad, etc. I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems.

We have had bad reception from JA.

Same thing happening to me if the call goes through at all and I'm using two different phone cards. It is very frustrating.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

I didn't get my copy at all but my fiancee got his. Funny how they are doing things.

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline
Since a mi one in yah! Mi ago mek mi self laugh

Three Little Bears (Jamaican version):

(If there were bears in Jamaica, this would be the local version...)

Baby Bear goes downstairs and sits in his small chair at the table,

he looks into his small bowl. It is empty.

'Mama, smaddy nyam mi parridge!!' he squeaks.

Papa Bear arrives at the big table and sits in his big chair. He looks

into his bowl, and it is also empty.

'A who nyam mi parridge?!!' he roars.

Momma Bear puts her head through the serving hatch from the kitchen and

yells at the top of her voice,

'Ah mi git up fuss and wake up everybody else inna di house.

A me mek di tea. A me wash up di dish dem and put weh everyting.

A me go out inna di cold mawnin air an ketch di newspaper.

A me set di table. An a me put out di puss, clean di litter box an full

di water and food dish.

An now oonu decide fi drag oonu raahtid bear-### down yah an siddung

inna mi kitchen wid oonu ole grumpy self!

Well mek mi tell oonu dis once an fi all..........

MI NUH MEK NO RAAS PARRIDGE YET!!'

That is hysterical!! Thanks Lawny me need one good laugh fe tru

Filed: Other Timeline
Hey JG-

Have you heard anymore about the best way to adopt your nephew?

I still think the best way would be to get Andre to be the legal guardian in JA and then file the I-130..

but then I am almost afraid that you might run into complications with the EMbassy thinking that it is some ploy just to get the nephew to the U.S. and they may run into DNA testing...

hmm. I didnt think about that before.....

Im still trying to figure it out for you. I will ask around some more

We are looking in to adoption as well, there is some sort of rule where the child has to live with you for at least a year before filing finalizing? I don't quite know how to get around this, with out one of us moving to JA to live for a year. Also the lawyer mentioned that if the child was to come to the US by let's say... a student visa; the child could be adopted after living with us for 1 year. There is a couple here who have grade school children here on student visa's. I'm still learning about how this lady was able to do this. She's telling me it took a little over two months, but the children(3) have to go back home in the summer and return for the school year. If doable this would be a perfect way to get around that one year requirement. Any one know anything about student visa's? I also asked the lawyer about legal guardianship, they tell me they will not do it unless there is a court order for you to be the guardian, Only then would they draw up the documents for me. I know nothing about the family court system in JA. Andre might have to petition the court in JA for guardianship first and have a lawyer draw them up.

hey brown...is this for a child/step child or another child? Are you talking about with your I-130 for your step-daughter?

Yes, just in case it doesn't work out.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Mawnin Yardies!

Enjoy

HEAR HEAR !!!

hmmm....I think it's at least $300 per person, but up to $600....We expect $600 each and $300 for each child

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Looking at the amount, it seems like Craig's wasn't included in yours....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.