Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lawny, I actually count on you to make me smile every single day! You are beautiful, girl!

Thanks JG -- It's the one thing I'm so proud of, my smile and my mannerism goes a long way and I can make people laugh, but most of all I'm a great listener. Sometimes that's all a person needs or wants, just someone to listen to them (don't judge or offer advice) just listen.

Now, it's my time to CRY :crying: I'm so DAMN CONGESTED! I'm going to blow up. Worse yet, I sound like BARRY WHITE! :angry: I think I'm going to give in and get the steriod shot. I gave in and took a Zyrtec yesterday and while it worked for a little while I was HIGH as a kite. :crying:

Well, you make ME smile. According to your stories, you make everyone around you cry!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wanted to share this "The POWER of a SMILE"

In 2000 I was working at a hospital here in Maryland and when I worked the weekend I would see this young couple come in. When I first noticed them the wife looked like she was about 200lbs then as the months went by she had dropped her weight drastically. The last time I saw this couple the wife looked like she weighed no more than 100lbs. I never knew what was wrong with her and never asked (wasn't my place).

Yesterday I was the supermarket and this police officer walked up to me and asked is my name Novelette and I hesitated and said, yes. He started to cry out of control and of course I didn't know what to do. I just gave him a hug, I don't know why, it was just all I could do at the time. Of course people are looking at us like we're crazy. After I got him to calm down, I asked him what was wrong. He said, you don't remember me or my wife, but I remember you. I remember your big beautiful smile and that you and your family are from Jamaica. Now, I have a puzzled look on my face.

He began by telling me about his wife's battle with cancer and that she died 7 years ago (I've not seen this couple since 2000) and of all the people he remembered while she was receiving chemo treatments at the hospital he remember my face the most. He remembered my smile. He said, his wife would look forward to seeing my smiling face and how it brigthen her day knowing how bad she was going to feel after her treatments. We talked for about an hour or so. I'm telling you, I've never know a person to love another like this man loved his wife. They were so young. I think she was 27 at the time she got sick.

Before we exchanged information, he told me THANK YOU...and I said, anytime, you're more than welcome. Sometimes all it takes is a smile to brighten someone's day.

Morning ladies!

Lawny, that is a sad but beautiful story! :blush:

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

5 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile, network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.

Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Editor's Note: "It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"

THIRD Hidden Battery Power. Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

FOURTH How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #, a 15 digit code appears onthe screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

And Finally....

FIFTH Free Directory Service for Cells Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.

This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile, network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.

Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Editor's Note: "It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"

THIRD Hidden Battery Power. Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

FOURTH How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #, a 15 digit code appears onthe screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

And Finally....

FIFTH Free Directory Service for Cells Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.

This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

great tips! thanks!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning! Ladies I've been moved to tears! JG's story about sportsmanship and then Lawny's "smile" story. Jesus, Larry and Moses! I am sitting at my desk here at work and absolutely moved! Thanks for the good stories. They are inspiring. I was feeling a bit pissy this morning but that really pulled me out.

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wanted to share this "The POWER of a SMILE"

In 2000 I was working at a hospital here in Maryland and when I worked the weekend I would see this young couple come in. When I first noticed them the wife looked like she was about 200lbs then as the months went by she had dropped her weight drastically. The last time I saw this couple the wife looked like she weighed no more than 100lbs. I never knew what was wrong with her and never asked (wasn't my place).

Yesterday I was the supermarket and this police officer walked up to me and asked is my name Novelette and I hesitated and said, yes. He started to cry out of control and of course I didn't know what to do. I just gave him a hug, I don't know why, it was just all I could do at the time. Of course people are looking at us like we're crazy. After I got him to calm down, I asked him what was wrong. He said, you don't remember me or my wife, but I remember you. I remember your big beautiful smile and that you and your family are from Jamaica. Now, I have a puzzled look on my face.

He began by telling me about his wife's battle with cancer and that she died 7 years ago (I've not seen this couple since 2000) and of all the people he remembered while she was receiving chemo treatments at the hospital he remember my face the most. He remembered my smile. He said, his wife would look forward to seeing my smiling face and how it brigthen her day knowing how bad she was going to feel after her treatments. We talked for about an hour or so. I'm telling you, I've never know a person to love another like this man loved his wife. They were so young. I think she was 27 at the time she got sick.

Before we exchanged information, he told me THANK YOU...and I said, anytime, you're more than welcome. Sometimes all it takes is a smile to brighten someone's day.

Very touching...and so dyam true!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline

Okay. I know I asked this maybe 4 months ago. My friend did K-1 to get her man here. She filed the OAS packt after they were married and months later she got the green card. The expiry date on the greencard is good for 10 years. She called to inquire about it, but was informed that that card was valid. She wants to know if it's safe for him to travel to Jamaica since his mom is sick. She's concerned because she was told the card was only suppose to be valid for 2 years and you have to remove conditions. Which is the way I understand it.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay. I know I asked this maybe 4 months ago. My friend did K-1 to get her man here. She filed the OAS packt after they were married and months later she got the green card. The expiry date on the greencard is good for 10 years. She called to inquire about it, but was informed that that card was valid. She wants to know if it's safe for him to travel to Jamaica since his mom is sick. She's concerned because she was told the card was only suppose to be valid for 2 years and you have to remove conditions. Which is the way I understand it.

If she was told the card was valid, I would go with that, sounds like she did her due diligence.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

If she was told the card was valid, I would go with that, sounds like she did her due diligence.

Be careful here...............

Were they married 2 years before she was approved for the green card? If so, then it's valid for the 10 years.

There was some talk a few months ago......maybe longer....on VJ.....about people who were supposed to get a 2 year green card and were actually issued 10 year cards. The CARD said 10 years; but the system said 2 years. People reported having issues after the 2 years expired in the system and the DID have to lift the conditions and get another 10 year card issued.

I would have her call again, explain the situation, and check on this before travelling IF it is nearing or past the 2 year mark. Better safe then sorry!

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Were they married 2 years before she was approved for the green card? If so, then it's valid for the 10 years.

There was some talk a few months ago......maybe longer....on VJ.....about people who were supposed to get a 2 year green card and were actually issued 10 year cards. The CARD said 10 years; but the system said 2 years. People reported having issues after the 2 years expired in the system and the DID have to lift the conditions and get another 10 year card issued.

I would have her call again, explain the situation, and check on this before travelling IF it is nearing or past the 2 year mark. Better safe then sorry!

JG -- This is what I'm worried about. And for the past 3 months no one can give her a solid answer other than the card is valid. I just don't want her hubby to go home and find he can't re-enter, but wouldn't it be their fault. I think it would look a way if he had a 10 year card and the system said 2...ICE may not like that. They told her an infopass appt. (is that what's it's called) is not necesary. At this point, her hubby wants to see his mom so bad that he don't even care anymore about the greencard. He was suppose to be in Jamaica from March.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

JG -- This is what I'm worried about. And for the past 3 months no one can give her a solid answer other than the card is valid. I just don't want her hubby to go home and find he can't re-enter, but wouldn't it be their fault. I think it would look a way if he had a 10 year card and the system said 2...ICE may not like that. They told her an infopass appt. (is that what's it's called) is not necesary. At this point, her hubby wants to see his mom so bad that he don't even care anymore about the greencard. He was suppose to be in Jamaica from March.

It was really a common problem for a while. Some system glich or something. Lots of people reported being really happy about it, only to find out it was more headaches in the end. You could try searching and find it probably.

If it were me, I WOULD make an infopass appointment and talk to someone face to face about the issues and her concerns. At the very least, it will be a few hours out of the day and some inconvenience. It could be a whole lot worse later on............

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Wakey -- Tonya, I been hearing lawddddd what a way u nice and FAT! or what a piece a BAXIDE...u ago mad di man dem. I never bothered me. It's the culture. Some of my friends think I'm INSANE, because I'll walk around NAKED at a beach. LOVE HEDONISM.... and there's another all adult resort in Ocho (can't remember the name). All I can say is LORD ave merci! I'll put on my 2 piece and say the hell with everyone else. To me, my body is perfeccccctttt, matter a fact it's the bomb! I want to get back to a size 16 though, because I was comfortable and found clothes that I liked easily. I'm in a 20 now. I want to also get back down to maybe 180. I can't be smaller than that I do't look right. I'm pushing 225lbs now. I was almost 300lbs when my son's father was stressing me. I remember when I was pregnant with my son, the first thing my doctor said was "YOU SHOULD HAVE CONSIDERED LOSING WEIGHT BEFORE YOU GOT PREGNANT, NOW YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A LOT OF PROBLEMS AND END UP WITH GESTATIONAL DIABETIES"...I ran out of his office crying, but not before CUSSING him out.

Gurl,

My OB said the same thing and made me take that sweet wata test EVERY WEEK!!! Cause he could not believe that I didn't have GD!!! :o He was like you are the first obese woman I have had that has gained 60 pounds and your sugar remains fine! I don't understand it!

Ken, is the same way. Baby Gurl, you know I love Big Body ooman...suh nuh boddah fi mek dem boddah yuh! When I would meet his family members. They would say...whoa...What a way she nice and fat! Han tell Ken em too mawga! But Ken nuh mawga yuh knoa...it's straight muscle pon dat deh body! ;):devil: I used to get offended by that...but now I realize it's the culture and Ken laugh it off and say "Yeah Man, like Hamburger han Hot dawg...we just guh together!"

I always said I don't want to be skinny (no offense to slim folks), just healthy...I would be happy as a 14-18 to tell you the truth!

But Lawny, I agree with you and admire you for having such a good body image. Many of us (including myself) walk through life looking for better and not appreciating and flaunting what you've got! YOU GO GURL!!!!! :thumbs:

Bless,

Gill

This is all to darn funny. Craig's mother would say to me (and to Craig) ...how beautiful and FAT I was. I never once took it personally. Although the way it comes across and a woman is not used to that, somewhat harshness, you can definitely take it the wrong way.

When Craig moved out in Feb, I joined my old gym (I try to go at least 4x a week) and when he saw me a couple of weekends ago, he was like...wha??? he does NOT like that I've lost almost 20 lbs (but gained the muscle weight). I feel sooooo much better, my back doesn't hurt like it used to and I have waaaay more energy. Once I hit 40 (almost 3 yrs ago)....my body just changed unbelievably!!! Everything starts to hurt and I just had no *extra* energy. I've always eaten healthy, but now I'm eating even healthier.

It's how you feel inside that matters. :thumbs: That's the main thing with Craig, he ALWAYS made me feel good physically--didn't matter how I looked, how much I weighed, if there was an extra roll or 2.....he never ever put me down in any way.

Anyone have any *special* plans ---for all the mothers, mothers to be, etc for Mommy's day?

Timeline

:ot:

More travel info...

U.S. Officials Plan Faster Customs Entry Lanes

5/7/2008 -

A new U.S. government program called Global Entry will allow American citizens and permanent residents to avoid long customs lines when they re-enter the country at selected airports. By paying an annual fee of $100 and passing a background check in advance, these travelers can skip the usual customs lines in favor of expedited clearance lanes, where they can swipe their passports and fill out customs declaration forms electronically. The new system launches June 10 at Houston/George Bush Intercontinental, New York/Kennedy, and Washington/Dulles, expanding to 17 more airports at a later date.

More travel info...

5/7/2008 -

A new U.S. government program called Global Entry will allow American citizens and permanent residents to avoid long customs lines when they re-enter the country at selected airports. By paying an annual fee of $100 and passing a background check in advance, these travelers can skip the usual customs lines in favor of expedited clearance lanes, where they can swipe their passports and fill out customs declaration forms electronically. The new system launches June 10 at Houston/George Bush Intercontinental, New York/Kennedy, and Washington/Dulles, expanding to 17 more airports at a later date.

Yeah and where does the $100 go towards ????

Timeline

More travel info...

5/7/2008 -

More travel info...

5/7/2008 -

I think I'll wait this one out to see how it goes for a while. Sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen to me.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

More travel info...

5/7/2008 -

More travel info...

5/7/2008 -

Wow...what's it saying when we as a nation are actually willing to pay for our time?? They will get us everytime wid that ish! :no:

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.