Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In a nutshell, Gill, there is much to do right now. Ken needs your help at the moment to figure out how to navigate all he needs to in the US. Eventually, he will be much more independent. The kids need you cause they are kids. The jobs take up much of your time. Add to that all that must be done to get Ken settled in and learn to share your life and space with someone else...........it can be overwhelming. Tre is right.....you have to learn to be selfish. Sometimes my selfishness is only an hour a week; but it is ALL mine. And, I've learned to take it where I can. Last Saturday, I didn't call Andre on my 45 minute break from my part-time job cause I wanted to go shopping, uninterrupted. I was determined to buy myself a new purse and I wanted to think on it. I usually call Andre every break and we check in. He didn't die cause I didn't call him. And, I got the exact purse I wanted. I was happy. He lived. It's all good.

Grab the little bit of time you can and enjoy it to the fullest. And, I do promise you, it all works itself out. You WILL find your balance. Don't stress on it now. Take the little bits when you can, even if they are few and far between at the moment. It will all get better.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
In a nutshell, Gill, there is much to do right now. Ken needs your help at the moment to figure out how to navigate all he needs to in the US. Eventually, he will be much more independent. The kids need you cause they are kids. The jobs take up much of your time. Add to that all that must be done to get Ken settled in and learn to share your life and space with someone else...........it can be overwhelming. Tre is right.....you have to learn to be selfish. Sometimes my selfishness is only an hour a week; but it is ALL mine. And, I've learned to take it where I can. Last Saturday, I didn't call Andre on my 45 minute break from my part-time job cause I wanted to go shopping, uninterrupted. I was determined to buy myself a new purse and I wanted to think on it. I usually call Andre every break and we check in. He didn't die cause I didn't call him. And, I got the exact purse I wanted. I was happy. He lived. It's all good.

Grab the little bit of time you can and enjoy it to the fullest. And, I do promise you, it all works itself out. You WILL find your balance. Don't stress on it now. Take the little bits when you can, even if they are few and far between at the moment. It will all get better.

THIS IS SO TRUE...It took me MANY, MANY years to get there, but I did. Now, only if I could run up the steps live Sylvester Stalone did in Rocky without running out of breath.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oooooohhhhh! I want to go to JA!!!! I am missing my honey and I would love to get out of town!

I do hope to get there some time this summer, but as I am sure many of you can sympathize, it is hard to make plans when I don't know when the NOA2 will get done. It would be nice to bring down papers. But it would also be nice to be able to attend the interview at the Embassy. But I doubt I could swing both trips. I LOVE to plan vacations and THIS is frustrating having to wait and see. I am NOT a wait and see gal!

Missy H.,

I so hear you...you don't know if you are coming or going! I did the same thing! However, I finally got so fed up I book a trip for January in November only to get my NOA2 2 weeks later :angry: ! So then, I had to go back down in March...but it's all good...I will never complain about going tuh Yard! :lol:

Good luck and hang tight!

Gill

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

Well guess what I received yesterday in the mail??? Yup - the elusive NOA2 :dance:

:D:P B) :)

Thank you Gill for your kind words. Thank you everyone for being here to vent to. Aye Carumba!!! Progress! Finally!

Congrats Miss :thumbs: I'm jealous!!! where's mine???? :crying: j/k.

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Oooooohhhhh! I want to go to JA!!!! I am missing my honey and I would love to get out of town!

I do hope to get there some time this summer, but as I am sure many of you can sympathize, it is hard to make plans when I don't know when the NOA2 will get done. It would be nice to bring down papers. But it would also be nice to be able to attend the interview at the Embassy. But I doubt I could swing both trips. I LOVE to plan vacations and THIS is frustrating having to wait and see. I am NOT a wait and see gal!

Missy H.,

I so hear you...you don't know if you are coming or going! I did the same thing! However, I finally got so fed up I book a trip for January in November only to get my NOA2 2 weeks later :angry: ! So then, I had to go back down in March...but it's all good...I will never complain about going tuh Yard! :lol:

Good luck and hang tight!

Gill

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

Well guess what I received yesterday in the mail??? Yup - the elusive NOA2 :dance:

:D:P B) :)

Thank you Gill for your kind words. Thank you everyone for being here to vent to. Aye Carumba!!! Progress! Finally!

Congrats Miss :thumbs: I'm jealous!!! where's mine???? :crying: j/k.

Soon come mommy.....soon come.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Soon Come indeed - Mommy2B. Vermont goes so fast you will have it in no time.

I have a question about the DS-156. The US Embassy in Jamaica's website allows you to fill out the form online and make your appointment online when you receive a barcode. Has anyone done this?

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Timeline

THIS IS SO TRUE...It took me MANY, MANY years to get there, but I did. Now, only if I could run up the steps live Sylvester Stalone did in Rocky without running out of breath.

Dammit, Tre.........now I have that stupid theme song running through my head!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I have a question about the DS-156. The US Embassy in Jamaica's website allows you to fill out the form online and make your appointment online when you receive a barcode. Has anyone done this?

Don't bother. All that will do is give you a headache. That online booking system does not work.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Don't bother. All that will do is give you a headache. That online booking system does not work.

JG - I have a question about the DS-156, how many times are you allowed to fill that out. I made a mistake on the one I did last month and I was wondering if I should fill out a new one. Do they keep track of how many is filled out or can I just hand the correction?

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

JG - I have a question about the DS-156, how many times are you allowed to fill that out. I made a mistake on the one I did last month and I was wondering if I should fill out a new one. Do they keep track of how many is filled out or can I just hand the correction?

You can fill out another. They don't keep track until you file it and they scan that bar code.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hahahaha...meanwhile I singing Jimmy Cliff's "Many Rivers Too Cross" after Lawny's post :lol:

I didn't even know about that! :blink:

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

You can fill out another. They don't keep track until you file it and they scan that bar code.

THANKS....

Now, Gill I have Jimmy Cliff's son in my HEAD! What a stress.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Thanks JG!

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Timeline

hahahaha...meanwhile I singing Jimmy Cliff's "Many Rivers Too Cross" after Lawny's post :lol:

I didn't even know about that! :blink:

Gill

I did....tried it.....and failed. Luckily, the lady at the embassy was nice enough to fit us in a few weeks after we were scheduled from that online or I would've been beside myself. She even said, we don't even look at that system.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Bad News Guys. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

I am crying my heart and eyes out right now. Mike's interview was rescheduled for June because he did not have the second copy of the police certificate. I look and realized that I still have the extra copy. I had emailed the consulate, after Tonya posted and said Drew was asked for his, and was told that it was not necessary for him to have it if it was sent to the NVC :wacko:

Now when he got there he was turned back. They did not even do the interview and schedule a time for him to drop it off, they rescheduled the whole interview. How can they be so cruel and disheartening? :angry:

I have to talk to him when he gets home to get the full story.

Learn from my experience all who have their interviews coming up. Make sure you have the second copy of the police certificate with you. :thumbs:

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bad News Guys. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

I am crying my heart and eyes out right now. Mike's interview was rescheduled for June because he did not have the second copy of the police certificate. I look and realized that I still have the extra copy. I had emailed the consulate, after Tonya posted and said Drew was asked for his, and was told that it was not necessary for him to have it if it was sent to the NVC :wacko:

Now when he got there he was turned back. They did not even do the interview and schedule a time for him to drop it off, they rescheduled the whole interview. How can they be so cruel and disheartening? :angry:

I have to talk to him when he gets home to get the full story.

Learn from my experience all who have their interviews coming up. Make sure you have the second copy of the police certificate with you. :thumbs:

Oh Clariey Darling,

I am so sorry about the dyam PC!!! DO NOT LOSE HOPE GURL....JUNE IS NEXT MONTH...IT WILL HAPPEN CLAIRE!! We have gone through too much and climbed too many blasted wall fuh give hup now!

Mike's time is coming! I hate the whole process cause majority is trail and fail!! They need to give people an EXACT list of what may be needed & what is definitiely needed!

Hang in there Chica...just know we are here for you...as you have been for so many of us and we love you!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.