irish44

A bit confused (Nothing new!) on the next steps

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all.

I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1. Does anyone know how often the Moscow Embassy updates it's Scheduled Interview list?

2. Do I have to submit the Ds-230 for both Tanya and Alina? If so, do I send these and seperate checks / One check to Tanya?

3. I have read the guides and compiled all the things for the I-134 to send to her. Would anyone have a copy of the forms and checklists that are sent to the Beneficiary from the Embassy? I want to help her and have her practice.

Thank You!!!

1. Does anyone know how often the Moscow Embassy updates it's Scheduled Interview list?

Bobalouie believes it to be weekly, but it hasn't updated this week.

2. Do I have to submit the Ds-230 for both Tanya and Alina? If so, do I send these and seperate checks / One check to Tanya?

From the instructions on the DS-230: Complete one copy of this form for yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you.

3. I have read the guides and compiled all the things for the I-134 to send to her. Would anyone have a copy of the forms and checklists that are sent to the Beneficiary from the Embassy? I want to help her and have her practice.

I've asked for these too in the past, but I don't think anyone really saves them. But we've had a wave of new approvals so maybe someone can help out there. :)

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Question No. 2 - There is a $131 USD fee for each applicant. For Tanya and Alina, it would be $232. As far as I know, they only accept local currency or USD and not checks. Is this what you were asking?

Question No. 3 - While this doesn't exactly answer your question, there is a link (http://moscow.usembassy.gov/consular/consular.php?record_id=fiancee) for documents required at the interview). You're probably already familiar with this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Generally, they do it once a week, but I've found every other more accurate of late.

According to the Moscow Embassy site, and the instructions that were mailed to my Alla, a DS-230 is only required for children over 16. Whereas the DS-156 needs completed for everyone regardless of age. No checks or credit cards, US dollars or Rubles for the application fee ($262 for two people).

From the instructions on the DS-230: Complete one copy of this form for yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you.

Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Generally, they do it once a week, but I've found every other more accurate of late.

According to the Moscow Embassy site, and the instructions that were mailed to my Alla, a DS-230 is only required for children over 16. Whereas the DS-156 needs completed for everyone regardless of age. No checks or credit cards, US dollars or Rubles for the application fee ($262 for two people).

Mox,

Here is the relevant webpage on the USEM site talking about the updates: US Embassy Moscow It says updated weekly on Mondays at 8am Moscow time

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Mox,

Here is the relevant webpage on the USEM site talking about the updates: US Embassy Moscow It says updated weekly on Mondays at 8am Moscow time

Thanks! I know my case won't show up for a few weeks, but I wonder why they haven't been updating the site. These are the same dates as last week, and I'm pretty sure it was those dates the week before when I was trying to get an idea of how far out they're scheduling interviews.

Timeline

It took a little over three weeks (I believe) for Alla's first appointment to show on the list. Since we rescheduled, they aren't that far along for her to show up yet.

Mox,

Thanks! I know my case won't show up for a few weeks, but I wonder why they haven't been updating the site. These are the same dates as last week, and I'm pretty sure it was those dates the week before when I was trying to get an idea of how far out they're scheduling interviews.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Once I've got an interview date, anyone know the likelihood of them moving my appointment closer if I emailed them and just said pretty please? Assuming there was a slot to put me in of course. Like if they gave me a late May appointment and I asked if they had anything in early May, would they consider it? Or is this one of those "people need to be dying and/or pregnant" situations for them to even consider it.

Timeline

You just want to beat us to the gate, admit it! :jest:

Try! The worst they will do is say, "no." They were fine with changing Alla's (although, I know, it was in the other direction.) :lol:

Once I've got an interview date, anyone know the likelihood of them moving my appointment closer if I emailed them and just said pretty please? Assuming there was a slot to put me in of course. Like if they gave me a late May appointment and I asked if they had anything in early May, would they consider it? Or is this one of those "people need to be dying and/or pregnant" situations for them to even consider it.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

They didn't for me... I had hoped to get Ira's interview moved up to this week (as opposed to the 17th) so that we could travel back to the US together before my visa expires (March 11). They didn't even reply to my email, and when I called, they told me it would be impossible and unfair (as if fairness is a big part of this process) to other people who've been waiting. They did note, that an exception might be possible if she was ill and in need of medical attention available in the US.

But - you might as well try, Kirk. I mean, all you have to lose is some time to write the email and a [relatively] small bit of cash with a phone call. Maybe you'll have better luck than we did.

Z

Dear U.S. Consulate dudes:

As you know, Jefferey and Alla have an interview on May 21. For reasons of national security, which I am not at liberty to discuss, it is IMPERATIVE that Nadya beat Alla into the United States. Please see that this happens.

Sincerely,

Kirk

It's still a work in progress. But I think this letter, and the fact that Nadya won't have the wind resistance of a giant green hat, may just put her through the gate first!

But - you might as well try, Kirk. I mean, all you have to lose is some time to write the email and a [relatively] small bit of cash with a phone call. Maybe you'll have better luck than we did.

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try! :thumbs:

Timeline

That was too good! You delight in almost making me spit my tea all over my iMac, don't you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear U.S. Consulate dudes:

As you know, Jefferey and Alla have an interview on May 21. For reasons of national security, which I am not at liberty to discuss, it is IMPERATIVE that Nadya beat Alla into the United States. Please see that this happens.

Sincerely,

Kirk

It's still a work in progress. But I think this letter, and the fact that Nadya won't have the wind resistance of a giant green hat, may just put her through the gate first!

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try! :thumbs:

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

That was too good! You delight in almost making me spit my tea all over my iMac, don't you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll only delight on the day I actually succeed. :lol:

(I kid of course...as a Mac elitist myself [Mac Pro and MacBook Pro] I can't bear the thought of your pretty white keyboard being so despoiled!) :lol:

Timeline

That "Embassy letter" along with the "wind resistance" comment was the closest yet. :lol:

I'll only delight on the day I actually succeed. :lol:

(I kid of course...as a Mac elitist myself [Mac Pro and MacBook Pro] I can't bear the thought of your pretty white keyboard being so despoiled!) :lol:

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.