4 posts in this topic

Hello forum it is nice and wonderful to read how peoples are solved in this forum and i will appreciate i my case is looked into critically and an answer will go a long way in helping solving matters.

I got married to my wife in my country and i came to the united states about a year later, the bliss of a happy marriage was cut short due to my wife's exess baggage she has this 2 men in her life that wont let her be abd she in turn have same feelings for this 2 men, i had to endure all this mess for a whole year and part of the things that transpired is unimaginable, one of my wife's exes will call in the middle of the night and began telling her how he misses her, is your husband like me, and to my surprise she says no, i was shocked this went on and on, she tells this men stuff about me that should not be shared with anyone,she never fail to tell me that i was a need not a want, she even treated my son as if he was picked up from the dump(i brought a child into this marriage) it got to point that she slapped me on 2 occassions and her family friends helped me get out of our home and i stayed with one of them, then she was furious with all of them, she draw an ulimatum for me to come back home which i refused because i was afarid for my life and that of my son then she treatened me with divorce and she did file for one and subsequent trip to the immigration followed asking that i should be deported but one of her family memebers leaked to me that immigration told her that they cant deport no one not unless that person has a felony record.

the above is just a short description of what went on in my marriage in 2 years, now iam ready to lift the condition on our green cards for myself and my son. how do i go about it will there be a problem or will it be a smooth sail pls inputs and advice will be highly appreciated as to what i need to do.

Filed: Other Timeline

When she assaulted you did you call the police? Is there a police record? What became of the divorce that she filed? Is it final? These questions need to be answered before a meaningful advice can be given.

Hello forum it is nice and wonderful to read how peoples are solved in this forum and i will appreciate i my case is looked into critically and an answer will go a long way in helping solving matters.

I got married to my wife in my country and i came to the united states about a year later, the bliss of a happy marriage was cut short due to my wife's exess baggage she has this 2 men in her life that wont let her be abd she in turn have same feelings for this 2 men, i had to endure all this mess for a whole year and part of the things that transpired is unimaginable, one of my wife's exes will call in the middle of the night and began telling her how he misses her, is your husband like me, and to my surprise she says no, i was shocked this went on and on, she tells this men stuff about me that should not be shared with anyone,she never fail to tell me that i was a need not a want, she even treated my son as if he was picked up from the dump(i brought a child into this marriage) it got to point that she slapped me on 2 occassions and her family friends helped me get out of our home and i stayed with one of them, then she was furious with all of them, she draw an ulimatum for me to come back home which i refused because i was afarid for my life and that of my son then she treatened me with divorce and she did file for one and subsequent trip to the immigration followed asking that i should be deported but one of her family memebers leaked to me that immigration told her that they cant deport no one not unless that person has a felony record.

the above is just a short description of what went on in my marriage in 2 years, now iam ready to lift the condition on our green cards for myself and my son. how do i go about it will there be a problem or will it be a smooth sail pls inputs and advice will be highly appreciated as to what i need to do.

Yes i did call the police and it was on record that i came and a report was logged but no criminal action was taking against her cos i requested that no action should be taking. the second time police came to the house and i said the same thing to them. the divorce is final so after about 6 months from being away from each other we both totally agreed that we were not meant for each other we are now friends and we visit each other at our aprtments but we no being together is not the best option for the 2 of us.

When she assaulted you did you call the police? Is there a police record? What became of the divorce that she filed? Is it final? These questions need to be answered before a meaningful advice can be given.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am sorry that your marriage didn't work out but it sounds like you have made the right choice. Since you married in good faith and are now divorced you can file to remove the conditions on your residency on your own. There is a box that you will check on the form that says you entered the marriage in good faith but the marriage was terminated through divorce, and you are requesting a waiver from the joint filing requirement. You also have the option of checking the box that you entered the marriage in good faith and during the marriage you were battered by or was the subject of extreme cruelty by the US citizen spouse. You would need to include copies of the police reports with that. Since you seem to be on better terms with your ex wife, you should be able to get evidence of your life together to prove you had a valid marriage. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.