Mari_S

Repeated X-ray 3 times during Medical Day 1

15 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Just had my Medical Day 1 today and had the scare of my life when i had to repeat my X-ray 3 times. Had to pay additional 300 Php for that too. Anyways, the good news is that i think (?) they did not find any problems with my X-ray after the third time and asked me to continue the rest of my Medical Day 1. I'll be back tomorrow for Medical Day 2 and hopefully get positive results.

Anyone had the same experience? Was there any additional testing or problems on your 2nd day?

Thanks!

2-0. In favor of the boys.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Guys,

Just had my Medical Day 1 today and had the scare of my life when i had to repeat my X-ray 3 times. Had to pay additional 300 Php for that too. Anyways, the good news is that i think (?) they did not find any problems with my X-ray after the third time and asked me to continue the rest of my Medical Day 1. I'll be back tomorrow for Medical Day 2 and hopefully get positive results.

Anyone had the same experience? Was there any additional testing or problems on your 2nd day?

Thanks!

hi,

i'm an x-ray technologist by profession so maybe i can help. was your second and third x-ray done in different positions (side and/or leaning back)? if it was done in these positions, it is possible that they saw something in your first chest x-ray. the second and third x-rays are done to verify the initial finding. if it was done the same way as the first one (facing towards the wall), it may be because you didn't take a deep breath or you were moving a bit when the x-ray was taken. btw, medically you don't want "positive" results. this will mean there is something wrong with you. goodluck.

philip

Edited by nicole/philip

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

hi,

i'm an x-ray technologist by profession so maybe i can help. was your second and third x-ray done in different positions (side and/or leaning back)? if it was done in these positions, it is possible that they saw something in your first chest x-ray. the second and third x-rays are done to verify the initial finding. if it was done the same way as the first one (facing towards the wall), it may be because you didn't take a deep breath or you were moving a bit when the x-ray was taken. btw, medically you don't want "positive" results. this will mean there is something wrong with you. goodluck.

philip

Hi there Philip!

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, i was asked to lean back the 2nd and 3rd time around. They also verified that they found out something on the 1st x-ray. Anyways, im thinking that if they did find something even on the 2nd and 3rd, they would have told me immediately right? But they told me nothing and asked me to continue where i left off.

Well i just do hope that the results are negative tomorrow (hope i got this one right!). I'm quite confident of the negative results because i do not smoke and we do not have any history of TB. Wish me luck!

Timeline
Hi Guys,

Thanks!

hi,

philip

Hi there Philip!

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, i was asked to lean back the 2nd and 3rd time around. They also verified that they found out something on the 1st x-ray. Anyways, im thinking that if they did find something even on the 2nd and 3rd, they would have told me immediately right? But they told me nothing and asked me to continue where i left off.

Well i just do hope that the results are negative tomorrow (hope i got this one right!). I'm quite confident of the negative results because i do not smoke and we do not have any history of TB. Wish me luck!

if they give you your x-ray films tommorow then it means it is "negative". i know one of the female x-ray techs working there and she told me that's how it usually goes. goodluck tommorow.

philip

Timeline
Hi Guys,

Thanks!

I had the same experienced with you too. They told me that they found something abnormal in my first x-ray. The problem is they wont tell you exactly what is it. Just like you I took 2 more x-rays with 2 different position. If I remember right it was ( apico and left position) I just found out the result the next day and I was relief when I was directed to get my vaccine and my x-ray film.

I hope everything is OK with your X-ray. Good luck for the interview!

Evelyn

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 They sent I-129F back saying form is outdated

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Nov 28, 2006 NOA2 approved

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 7, 2006 NVC sends letter saying it will be forwarded to manila in a week

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! Cant kick her out now!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

I also had 3 xrays done but it was on the same positions (anteroposterior= AP) view because i didnt breathe hard enough and then they put a different name on my xray film. So they didnt charge me an extra 300 :P

anyway, mari, we'll be praying for you. Hope it's negative :thumbs:

do let us know how things turned out :)

Sent N400: Oct 27, 2011

NOA: Nov 1, 2011

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2011

Yellow letter date: 12/14/2011

Yellow letter received: 12/19/2011

Hey guys thanks for the quick response! I got my X-Ray results yesterday despite the very long wait (was nervous all the time!)! So looks like im negative! Yipee! The word negative never sounded so good now! Hahaha! :D

Thanks for all your prayers, im sure it helped! :D

Now, can i do my dance of joy now? Hahaha! :dance::dance::dance:

11 days to interview... :thumbs:

MariEnMichelle' date='Feb 29 2008, 07:02 PM' post='1624588']

Hey guys thanks for the quick response! I got my X-Ray results yesterday despite the very long wait (was nervous all the time!)! So looks like im negative! Yipee! The word negative never sounded so good now! Hahaha! :D

:dance::dance::dance::dance: Good thing is YOU PASSED. Glad WE made it. I was there too. I was scared also because the nurse took my BP twice 140/100 and im 36 :) and im PAYAT... :) very high for my age. So, i was directed to go to my PE and the doctor in room#8 told me to relax and i waited for another 30 minutes each time and it caused delay. A total of 4x and my BP didnt go down :( so, the doctor advised me to present a medical certificate the next day :o stating that i will now have my medication. Ultimately, i was one of the last 10 persons who was given the immunization last Feb.29. :o:o it scared me a lot considering its almost 7pm. Thank God that the results are :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

MY JOURNEY

* March 26,2008- Leave Philippines

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

* March 28,2008 - Arrived Orlando, Florida

* April 02,2008- Apply SSN

* April 18,2008- BRIDAL SHOWER

* April 20,2008- Rcvd my SSN

* April 26,2008- MARRIAGE

* April 28,2008- Rcvd my Marriage Certificate Documents

* April 28,2008- Change my name to my married name SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE

* May 01,2008- Got 2 Bank Accounts

* May 05, 2008- Rcvd my SSN with my married name on it

* May 22,2008- Got 2 Credit Card Accounts approval

* May 23-28,2008- Visit Alabama,Mississippi and Louisiana

7061.gif

* May 31,2008 - Mailed my EAD- I-765

* June 04,2008 - Notice Date Rcvd

* June 09,2008 - NOA arrived (PROBLEM:My first name spelled incorrectly)

* Aug. 02, 2008- Rcvd a USCIS letter that they corrected the typo error

Fast Forward...

FEB 12,2011 - SUBMITTED I-751 APPLICATION TO VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

FEB 22,2011 - RECEIVED NOTICE OF ACTION ON I-751 APPLICATION

MariEnMichelle' date='Feb 29 2008, 07:02 PM' post='1624588']

:dance::dance::dance::dance: Good thing is YOU PASSED. Glad WE made it. I was there too. I was scared also because the nurse took my BP twice 140/100 and im 36 :) and im PAYAT... :) very high for my age. So, i was directed to go to my PE and the doctor in room#8 told me to relax and i waited for another 30 minutes each time and it caused delay. A total of 4x and my BP didnt go down :( so, the doctor advised me to present a medical certificate the next day :o stating that i will now have my medication. Ultimately, i was one of the last 10 persons who was given the immunization last Feb.29. :o:o it scared me a lot considering its almost 7pm. Thank God that the results are :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Yup very glad we made it! Wish we could have seen each other and talked while waiting. I got out around 8:30 and was also with the last batch that got interviewed late. But i think i did see you...were you asked by someone at SLEC if you just got immunized? I think that was you...hahaha...

Well, good luck on our interview! :dance:

Congratulations, MAri and Amy! :thumbs::dance: :dance: :dance:

:D:D:D Thanks Doc Jacklyn. See you on March 6.... :thumbs: Goodluck to all of us VJ sisters.

MY JOURNEY

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

7061.gif

Fast Forward...

Yup very glad we made it! Wish we could have seen each other and talked while waiting. I got out around 8:30 and was also with the last batch that got interviewed late. But i think i did see you...were you asked by someone at SLEC if you just got immunized? I think that was you...hahaha...

I was wearing sleeveless...yellow gold :P nobody from SLEC asked me if i was immunized coz i was just waiting at the immunization area for my doctors go signal for VACCINE interview.....and i think i was the last person that was being interviewed because that was already 6:30 when the young doctor called me. She interviewed sooo fast :lol: then, directed me to the vaccines.Even if im sooo tired coz i was there at SLEC 2pm, I was called by Window B, I greeted him good evening with enthusiasm :lol: , he just asked me few questions and give me some instructions about the Xray film, it lasted 2 minutes and was out before 7:30. There are almost 30 - 40 people inside. If i guess it right you are that pretty lady who wear maong jacket hehehe....just guessing :P GOODLUCK ON YOUR INTERVIEW :thumbs:

MY JOURNEY

7061.gif

Fast Forward...

I was wearing sleeveless...yellow gold :P nobody from SLEC asked me if i was immunized coz i was just waiting at the immunization area for my doctors go signal for VACCINE interview.....and i think i was the last person that was being interviewed because that was already 6:30 when the young doctor called me. She interviewed sooo fast :lol: then, directed me to the vaccines.Even if im sooo tired coz i was there at SLEC 2pm, I was called by Window B, I greeted him good evening with enthusiasm :lol: , he just asked me few questions and give me some instructions about the Xray film, it lasted 2 minutes and was out before 7:30. There are almost 30 - 40 people inside. If i guess it right you are that pretty lady who wear maong jacket hehehe....just guessing :P GOODLUCK ON YOUR INTERVIEW :thumbs:

Hi There Amy,

I'm not a she...im a he...hahaha! I was wearing a brown shirt and slim fit maong pants and white sneakers...hahaha! Well goodluck again! :thumbs:

Hi There Amy,

I'm not a she...im a he...hahaha! I was wearing a brown shirt and slim fit maong pants and white sneakers...hahaha! Well goodluck again! :thumbs:

:o hahahaha....sorry....hmmmm..... :P ....Goodluck din sa inyo....GOD BLESS....

MY JOURNEY

7061.gif

Fast Forward...

Hi Philip:

Question, 10 months ago I had my pre-employment medical exam and on the results given to me by our HR department re: my x-ray it says "suspicious infiltrates on the upper right side of my lung." Not sure what this means and I only remembered when I read this thread. Do you have any idea what that means? I am scheduled to have my Annual Physical Exam next week and it might help if I can tell them about this findings last year. Btw, I have Asthma when I was a kid/teenager.

Hope to hear from you. Thanks.

timcass_12

hi,

philip

AOS:

07/16/08 - filed AOS application

07/18/08 - received by USCIS

07/22/08 - USCIS mailed our NOA

07/24/08 - touched

07/25/08 - received NOA (AOS, EAD, AP)

07/29/08 - received ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

08/09/08 - biometrics appointment

08/11/08 - I485 and I765 touched

09/17/08 - AP approved

09/19/08 - EAD approved, card already in production

09/24/08 - EAD card received

09/25/08 - SSN application

10/01/08 - received letter re: SSN card delivery in 2 weeks

10/06/08 - SSN Card received

02/17/09 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

ROC:

11/19/10 - Submit requirements for Lifting of Conditions

11/22/10 - NOA1 received

12/22/10 - Biometrics Appointment

02/09/11 - ROC APPROVED!

02/10/11 - Green Card Received

US CITIZENSHIP:

12/19/11 - Submit requirements for US Citizenship

12/22/11 - NOA1 received

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans not to harm you but to prosper you. Plans to give you hope and a better future."

- Jeremiah 29:11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.