fruto123

New Card Production Problem?????

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

I received my Welcome Notice letter on Dec. 20, 2007. The letter stated that after 3 weeks I should receive my card. And of course, there was no card. So I called the USCIS 800 number and the voice recording said that I should receive it after 60 days of receipt of the letter. OK.

60 days passed, I still haven't received my card yet. So I just called the USCIS and talked to the customer rep. She said that the card is in production but it is delayed. Now it could be 90 or 120 days. In another word, she doesn't know when I will receive my card.

Does anyone have the same issue? Is the card production really backloged?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

As for my opinion and my experience with the people from USCIS when you call them....they absolutely have NO clue what is going on.

But I guess you cannot do anything else beside keep on waiting.

Make sure that you got your name on/in your mailbox because in my case my GC got returned because my name was not shown on the mailbox.

(Depending on the mail man either he cares and returns it or he does not care and just put it in the mail box)

Good luck!!

06/02/2006 - filed I-129F

12/16/2006 - Enter States thru Atlanta

01/13/2007 - Marriage

01/19/2007 - Filed AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/06/2007 - NOA that AOS has been forwarded to CSC

02/12/2007 - Fingerprinting in St. Louis

03/28/2007 - email notification that card production ordered!!!! (Day 68)

04/20/2007 - GC in the mail.....no more USCIS for 2 years!!!!!

12/29/08 - Filed I-751 to VSC

01/12/09 - NOA in mail

01/24/09 - received ASC notice

02/06/09 - biometrics appointment in Orlando

02/09/09 - touch

06/01/09 - approval letter in mail

12/11/09 - Filed N-400 to NSC

12/14/09 - Package arrived at NSC

12/26/09 - NOA in mail

01/22/10 - Fingerprinting in Orlando

03/08/10 - Interview in Orlando (passed)

03/12/10 - Oath Ceremony

Matthew Quoc-Minh *11/29/08*

7 lbs 6 oz. (3.35 kg) and 20" (51cm)

01/29/09 (2-month-check-up): 11.9 lbs (5.4 kg) and 22" (56cm)

03/30/09 (4-month-check-up): 16.5 lbs (7.5 kg) and 25" (63cm)

05/29/09 (6-month-check-up): 19.2 lbs (8.7 kg) and 26" (66cm)

12/1/09 (12-month-check-up): 22 lbs (10 kg) and 30.3" (77cm)

06/11/10 (18-month-check-up): 27.5 lbs (12.5 kg) and 33.5" (85cm)

12/13/10 (24-month-check-up): 31.7 lbs (14.4 kg) and 35.8" (91cm)

Filed: Timeline
Hi all,

I received my Welcome Notice letter on Dec. 20, 2007. The letter stated that after 3 weeks I should receive my card. And of course, there was no card. So I called the USCIS 800 number and the voice recording said that I should receive it after 60 days of receipt of the letter. OK.

60 days passed, I still haven't received my card yet. So I just called the USCIS and talked to the customer rep. She said that the card is in production but it is delayed. Now it could be 90 or 120 days. In another word, she doesn't know when I will receive my card.

Does anyone have the same issue? Is the card production really backloged?

Thanks!

You need to make an infopass appointment at your local office... they will be able to check if the card has been issued.... if it has it may have gone missing in the mail or it may have been returned to USCIS if your name was not on your mailbox....

You need to check because if it has been returned and you dont contact uscis then the card will be destroyed and you will end up paying for another card....

If it has not yet been made and mailed then they will be able to tell you why... and how long it will take...

Kez

Great suggestion. I just made Infopass appointment. Thanks again!

I was approved for my GC on Jan, 14th at the interview and I received my "welcome" letter Jan. 24th but I have yet to receive my GC. My lawyer called them because it is over the 30 day period they indicated. He was told that because of the triple amount of applications USCIS has gotten, there is a delay and no inquiry can be filed until 60 days has passed. Do I'm waiting too.

10/6/06 -- Got Married!!

-----------------------------

7/15/07 -- Sent I130, I485, I765

7/17/07 -- Applications ALL received by USCIS

8/8/07 -- Notice on website saying my notices were sent back as undeliverable

8/11/07 -- Assigned date for biometrics but MISSED it (oh noo)

8/17/07 -- Walked in and was allowed to take biometric (whew!)

8/24/07 -- Lawyer gives me notices for RFE

10/01/07 -- USCIS received RFE. Cases resumed

10/09/07 -- EAD Approval email (YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!)

10/11/07 -- EAD Card Production Ordered (Double YAY)

10/16/07 -- EAD Card Mailed

10/22/07 -- EAD Card ARRIVED!!! SO ECSTATIC!!!

10/29/07 -- Soc Sec. Card issued

1/14/2008 -- INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Yugoslavia
Timeline

My fiance got his welcome letter in July 2007. He also didn't get his green card within 3 weeks, or within 60 days. So in January, he made an info pass ( an appointment with the immigration ) , and they gave him a temporary green card, valid for one year. It is valid like the real thing, he can travel with it etc. my thoughts to you is that you also make an info pass ( you can do that on their site http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis and on left side there's gonna be a link saying INFOPASS ).

I don't know what is holding the production of the green cards, but I don't think you will be getting yours soon. So you better get a temporary one, rather than having no green card at all. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hey thanks for the good info. It is very true that 800 number does not know jack. If you need to get issue resolved, schedule an infopass appointment. After our appointment this week, we also get a temp stamp on the passport that works like a green card. Meanwhile they are checking why the GC is not mailed out yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.