izreal

Domicile...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello all...

My question is for Information on the Sponser... Country of Domicile...

I currently live in Russia and i was wondering if i would be able to use my Brother's house address/mailing address as my domicile? This subject is very touchy and i just dont understand it.. I have a little list of requirements and one of them is mailing address... But would i be able to use my brother's??? Or is there a simpler way?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You will need to prove not giving up US domicile in order to provide the required I-864.

Things like: US active bank accounts, US driver's license, Voter registration and voteing in last election even absentee, IRS returns filed for past years, etc..

More about US Domicile can be found here: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

Many who do DCF, have US citizen move back to the USA shortly after filing the I-130, and then re-establish US domicile, as well as back file any IRS returns, and get a job to show being able to support the immigrant after entering the USA.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

My wife has her interview on April 4th, i plan to move back on May 7th when my visa is up. Is there anything else that i could do? Write a statement? There's only 2 things i can think of and its have my brother put me on his lease and then make a copy of it and send it to me? Would that work?

Timeline
My wife has her interview on April 4th, i plan to move back on May 7th when my visa is up. Is there anything else that i could do? Write a statement? There's only 2 things i can think of and its have my brother put me on his lease and then make a copy of it and send it to me? Would that work?
Yes adding you to his lease will do, you may also want to use brother as a joint-sponsor too.

If you did not file past years returns, get them filed asap, You may be exempt from paying tax on foreign income, but are not exempt from filing returns every year.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline

My brother will be my joint-sponser.

For my past taxes, i didnt do my taxes for 2006 since i moved to Russia in November.. Will this be a problem? I've received my Tax Transcripts from the IRS for years 2002-2006.... I wont be able to make the poverty line so my brother will be my joint-sponser.. Will i have a problem?

Edited by izreal

Timeline
My brother will be my joint-sponser.

For my past taxes, i didnt do my taxes for 2006 since i moved to Russia in November.. Will this be a problem? I've received my Tax Transcripts from the IRS for years 2002-2006.... I wont be able to make the poverty line so my brother will be my joint-sponser.. Will i have a problem?

If interview falls after April 15, they can sometimes ask to see the most recent year's return, that is the 2007 return, you may be fine because interview is before that date and you can just say you have until April 15 to file the return.

Timeline

Ive been unemployed in 2007 here in Russia ive been living off savings... So i didnt work at all.. I guess im lucky in that part that wont ask for that... Thank god! Of course i will write a statement explaining my siguation why im unemployed... Will i have any MORE problems?

PS: Thank you alot for helping me!

Timeline
Ive been unemployed in 2007 here in Russia ive been living off savings... So i didnt work at all.. I guess im lucky in that part that wont ask for that... Thank god! Of course i will write a statement explaining my siguation why im unemployed... Will i have any MORE problems?

Not that I can see about the I-864, yes a statement of being un-employed should be fine. I am assuming moved there Nov 2006, so were un-employed the entire year of 2007.

Timeline

Not that I can see about the I-864, yes a statement of being un-employed should be fine. I am assuming moved there Nov 2006, so were un-employed the entire year of 2007.

Yep! You assume correct! I have visa's to prove my stay in russia so it could also be my prove of leaving the country because if i would stay i would have to travel back to the USA or closest country being Ukraine and getting another visa... Ive traveled to Ukraine 3 times getting visa's and visiting. Just like a immigrant traveling to America needing a visa i need one for Russia. So i will get me on my brother's lease he will send me a copy of it. And i write a letter. I want to thank you alot for helping me understand what i can do!

Thanks! I'm sure i will have a million more questions soon.. Always on the nervous side and want to provide as much documents as possible and try to be accurate...

Ahhh yes! One more question, ive asked many members here about if the I-864 needs to be notarized or not and they said it doesnt.. Is this true? I will have my brother send me the I-864 signed by mail soon and i want to know if i dont need a notary...

Timeline
Yep! You assume correct! I have visa's to prove my stay in russia so it could also be my prove of leaving the country because if i would stay i would have to travel back to the USA or closest country being Ukraine and getting another visa... Ive traveled to Ukraine 3 times getting visa's and visiting. Just like a immigrant traveling to America needing a visa i need one for Russia. So i will get me on my brother's lease he will send me a copy of it. And i write a letter. I want to thank you alot for helping me understand what i can do!

Thanks! I'm sure i will have a million more questions soon.. Always on the nervous side and want to provide as much documents as possible and try to be accurate...

Ahhh yes! One more question, ive asked many members here about if the I-864 needs to be notarized or not and they said it doesnt.. Is this true? I will have my brother send me the I-864 signed by mail soon and i want to know if i dont need a notary...

If you read the PDF I linked to earlier you will read this in it:

Are the Affidavit of Support forms required to be notarized?

No. The sponsor just has to sign the form. You should know however, when the sponsor signs an Affidavit of Support form, he/she certifies that the information provided, transcript and/or photocopy of tax documentation is true and correct, under penalty of perjury.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

Timeline

Awesome! Thanks alot i would presume it worked like this as it does in the USA... Since we are dealing with the USA and not a foreign country... Thanks alot!

Also, if i gave them a copy of my lease will they call the landlord and ask her for questions? Or no?

Edited by izreal

Timeline
Also, if i gave them a copy of my lease will they call the landlord and ask her for questions? Or no?
Probably not, but you never know.

Timeline
Probably not, but you never know.

Ya was thinking the same...

Another question.

I called the IRS and asked them to send me Tax transcipts for the last 4 years instead of the recommended 3. But my question is, on my paper's it says Wage and Income Transcript, Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement. I was wondering and thinking on this paper it has my W-2 information and my Tax information yes?? So i dont need to find my W-2's hiding somewhere and make copies of those because these documents have them already?

Timeline

Another question.

I called the IRS and asked them to send me Tax transcipts for the last 4 years instead of the recommended 3. But my question is, on my paper's it says Wage and Income Transcript, Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement. I was wondering and thinking on this paper it has my W-2 information and my Tax information yes?? So i dont need to find my W-2's hiding somewhere and make copies of those because these documents have them already?

Only need simple IRS transcripts, as long as the transcript shows gross income amount, this will be fine. Edited by YuAndDan

Timeline

Another question.

Only need simple IRS transcripts, as long as the transcript shows gross income amount, this will be fine.

Awesome again! :) Very happy for this website, its helped me understand and calm me down many times...

Thank you abunch!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.