timcass_12

K3 filers with administratively closed/cancelled I-129F application?

7 posts in this topic

Hello -

Is there any K3 applicant in here that has their I-129F administratively closed/cancelled upon the approval of the I-130? I asked because I've read a couple of other applicants from other countries that experienced this and would want to know if anyone in the Philippines have encountered the same thing.

In reference to this, my husband called the USCIS today and inquired about this scenario. He was told that which ever application comes through first or gets approved will be the one we will use which in our understanding refers to having our I-129F cancelled just in case our I-130 gets through first. We know that both applications have their own pros and cons but given the chance, we would still opt to have the I-129F as it still faster than the I-130.

Anyhow, hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks,

timcass_12

AOS:

07/16/08 - filed AOS application

07/18/08 - received by USCIS

07/22/08 - USCIS mailed our NOA

07/24/08 - touched

07/25/08 - received NOA (AOS, EAD, AP)

07/29/08 - received ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

08/09/08 - biometrics appointment

08/11/08 - I485 and I765 touched

09/17/08 - AP approved

09/19/08 - EAD approved, card already in production

09/24/08 - EAD card received

09/25/08 - SSN application

10/01/08 - received letter re: SSN card delivery in 2 weeks

10/06/08 - SSN Card received

02/17/09 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

ROC:

11/19/10 - Submit requirements for Lifting of Conditions

11/22/10 - NOA1 received

12/22/10 - Biometrics Appointment

02/09/11 - ROC APPROVED!

02/10/11 - Green Card Received

US CITIZENSHIP:

12/19/11 - Submit requirements for US Citizenship

12/22/11 - NOA1 received

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans not to harm you but to prosper you. Plans to give you hope and a better future."

- Jeremiah 29:11

Hello -

Is there any K3 applicant in here that has their I-129F administratively closed/cancelled upon the approval of the I-130? I asked because I've read a couple of other applicants from other countries that experienced this and would want to know if anyone in the Philippines have encountered the same thing.

In reference to this, my husband called the USCIS today and inquired about this scenario. He was told that which ever application comes through first or gets approved will be the one we will use which in our understanding refers to having our I-129F cancelled just in case our I-130 gets through first. We know that both applications have their own pros and cons but given the chance, we would still opt to have the I-129F as it still faster than the I-130.

Anyhow, hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks,

timcass_12

My husband filed K3 first but no response for almost 4 months then because of the lawyer's advise he filed I-130.... both were approved at almost the same month and was transmitted to USEM..... but I received the packet 4 of my K3 before my medical schedule so this was i presnted there AT SLEC then my I-130 came late. So what i did i pursue my K3 and I was interview last Feb 04 and approved. But when I called USEM to follow up the status of my visa people there at USEM get confuse which of which I am applying for... but evrything was okey now becoz DELBROS texted me last Feb 23 that my visa was released and they will deliver it the next day.... so im waiting for my visa to be in my hand and Thanks God for everything :yes:

janerevised043.jpg

janeandhernewcar001-1.jpg

NoelandTintin - Thanks for your reply. Have you been asked to submit additional documents given that you're now being process as CR-1?

Gradie and Jane - Thanks for your reply. Congratulations :).

Anyways, both our I-130 and I-129F has been touched today. My husband said that it was probably because of his inquiry and the updates made in our name correction and change of address requests. I'm just happy to see another update and that they finally sychronized the dates again.

AOS:

07/16/08 - filed AOS application

07/18/08 - received by USCIS

07/22/08 - USCIS mailed our NOA

07/24/08 - touched

07/25/08 - received NOA (AOS, EAD, AP)

07/29/08 - received ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

08/09/08 - biometrics appointment

08/11/08 - I485 and I765 touched

09/17/08 - AP approved

09/19/08 - EAD approved, card already in production

09/24/08 - EAD card received

09/25/08 - SSN application

10/01/08 - received letter re: SSN card delivery in 2 weeks

10/06/08 - SSN Card received

02/17/09 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

ROC:

11/19/10 - Submit requirements for Lifting of Conditions

11/22/10 - NOA1 received

12/22/10 - Biometrics Appointment

02/09/11 - ROC APPROVED!

02/10/11 - Green Card Received

US CITIZENSHIP:

12/19/11 - Submit requirements for US Citizenship

12/22/11 - NOA1 received

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans not to harm you but to prosper you. Plans to give you hope and a better future."

- Jeremiah 29:11

NoelandTintin - Thanks for your reply. Have you been asked to submit additional documents given that you're now being process as CR-1?

Gradie and Jane - Thanks for your reply. Congratulations :).

Anyways, both our I-130 and I-129F has been touched today. My husband said that it was probably because of his inquiry and the updates made in our name correction and change of address requests. I'm just happy to see another update and that they finally sychronized the dates again.

Timcas-12,

Thank you.... I got my visa now. and you know during my interview i was applying for a K3 because that one indicated to my appointment but now when i receive my visa i saw it my visa classified as CR1... well, at least i have now my visa... I dont even know whats the difference between K3 and CR1. For you good luck on your journey... Take care and God bless

janerevised043.jpg

janeandhernewcar001-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
My husband filed K3 first but no response for almost 4 months then because of the lawyer's advise he filed I-130....g :yes:

You can not just file a K3 visa. You have to file the I130 first then file you I129f/K3. The uscis has finally realized that it is less time if they just approve the I130 so they do not have to do double the work with the I129f/K3. It has been common place for the uscis to pair up the I130 and I129f if they are there at the same time. The send the I130 to storage until the so gets in the us and files AOS.

I have an approved I130, but I am waiting ofr my I129f/k3 to be approved because at my husband's embassy (Nigeria) it takes 7 months to get a CR1/I130 interview. but only 2 months for a I129f/K3 interview.

People have been told by the uscis that there I129f/k3 petition has been cancled but after she started back on the CR1 (nigerian embassy too) she recieved an approval for her I129f. She was so happy and surprized because three people from the uscis told her that her I129f was gonig to be terminated. This so far has been false information and no one has been able to show proof of this policy.

Rumors so far. My I130 was approved in Sept. My I129f/K3 has a reciept date of sept and still states that it is pending. the are not just going to cancle it without telling me. makes no sence.

thats my two cents about it. Good luck every one.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

My husband filed K3 first but no response for almost 4 months then because of the lawyer's advise he filed I-130....g :yes:

You can not just file a K3 visa. You have to file the I130 first then file you I129f/K3. The uscis has finally realized that it is less time if they just approve the I130 so they do not have to do double the work with the I129f/K3. It has been common place for the uscis to pair up the I130 and I129f if they are there at the same time. The send the I130 to storage until the so gets in the us and files AOS.

I have an approved I130, but I am waiting ofr my I129f/k3 to be approved because at my husband's embassy (Nigeria) it takes 7 months to get a CR1/I130 interview. but only 2 months for a I129f/K3 interview.

People have been told by the uscis that there I129f/k3 petition has been cancled but after she started back on the CR1 (nigerian embassy too) she recieved an approval for her I129f. She was so happy and surprized because three people from the uscis told her that her I129f was gonig to be terminated. This so far has been false information and no one has been able to show proof of this policy.

Rumors so far. My I130 was approved in Sept. My I129f/K3 has a reciept date of sept and still states that it is pending. the are not just going to cancle it without telling me. makes no sence.

thats my two cents about it. Good luck every one.

usually if applying for k3 its always good to send I-130 and I-129 then whoever approved first will be the next issue... CR1 will takes longer but it is cool to have coz once you get here in the US you wont have to apply for an AOS anymore. they will just send a welcome notice, followed by your GC... as for k3, its a shorter process for the visa journey but once you get here in the US you still have to apply for an AOS like the k1's...

my knowing...

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.