lkekandi

OHMIGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 posts in this topic

I am an idiot. While in the US my hubby and I decided to that we'd adjust my status so we sent in all the documnetation and everything after waiting for a while and seeing that my I-94 was running out and I got so worried that if they turned my visa down I could be banned for a while as they were taking a while with the AOS's then we decided to return home and go the CR1 route. Only for him to open the mail today to find my interview letter to adjust my status and and my biometrics letter all on the same day at the Charleston office where they hardly ever deny a visa. I could have been in the States with my husband and with my green card and would have been able to work instead I let nerves get the best of me and I'm stuck here without my husband and without the warm Charleston sunshine....#######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....Update

Just spoke to an immigration officer and they say I might be able to have my Advance parole expedited and sent to me in England....but its down to the customs officer to let me in....#######!!!! do I take the chance???????????

Edited by lkekandi

CR-1 Journey

Got married...again...: 02/04/2008

I-130 sent: 02/07/2008

Left my husband after 3 wonderful months together: 02/07/2008

I-130 received @ INS 804616 signed for be V Bustamnte

Checked Cashed:03/05/2008

NOA1: 03/04/2008

Touched: 03/06/2008

Touched: 03/07/2008

Touched: 03/09/2008

Touched: 03/10/2008

AOS Journey

AOS pack sent- 05/07/2008

Biometrics-05/30/2008

RFE medical- 06/20/2008

I-130 09/23/2008 APPROVED

RFE Tax return- October

Advance Parole- 11/23/2008

GC interview NOA- 11/30/2008

Work Permit 12/12/2008

GC Interview- 01/05/2009 APPROVED!!!!!

I am an idiot. While in the US my hubby and I decided to that we'd adjust my status so we sent in all the documnetation and everything after waiting for a while and seeing that my I-94 was running out and I got so worried that if they turned my visa down I could be banned for a while as they were taking a while with the AOS's then we decided to return home and go the CR1 route. Only for him to open the mail today to find my interview letter to adjust my status and and my biometrics letter all on the same day at the Charleston office where they hardly ever deny a visa. I could have been in the States with my husband and with my green card and would have been able to work instead I let nerves get the best of me and I'm stuck here without my husband and without the warm Charleston sunshine....#######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....Update

Just spoke to an immigration officer and they say I might be able to have my Advance parole expedited and sent to me in England....but its down to the customs officer to let me in....#######!!!! do I take the chance???????????

Do you mean they hardly deny a Green card, instead of visa? Did you apply for AP with the AOS? If you have the AP document, they let you in with no problems.

12140.gif

....Update

Do you mean they hardly deny a Green card, instead of visa? Did you apply for AP with the AOS? If you have the AP document, they let you in with no problems.

Yeah I meant green card. I didn't wait on my AP like an idiot. I got so nervous plus I got some really bad news about my mom so without thinkni I just booked my flight and left. I'm goin to call them tomorrow apparently the AP can be faxed so I'm gonna try and get it faxed and reschedule my appointment for next month

CR-1 Journey

Got married...again...: 02/04/2008

I-130 sent: 02/07/2008

Left my husband after 3 wonderful months together: 02/07/2008

I-130 received @ INS 804616 signed for be V Bustamnte

Checked Cashed:03/05/2008

NOA1: 03/04/2008

Touched: 03/06/2008

Touched: 03/07/2008

Touched: 03/09/2008

Touched: 03/10/2008

AOS Journey

AOS pack sent- 05/07/2008

Biometrics-05/30/2008

RFE medical- 06/20/2008

I-130 09/23/2008 APPROVED

RFE Tax return- October

Advance Parole- 11/23/2008

GC interview NOA- 11/30/2008

Work Permit 12/12/2008

GC Interview- 01/05/2009 APPROVED!!!!!

....Update

Yeah I meant green card. I didn't wait on my AP like an idiot. I got so nervous plus I got some really bad news about my mom so without thinkni I just booked my flight and left. I'm goin to call them tomorrow apparently the AP can be faxed so I'm gonna try and get it faxed and reschedule my appointment for next month

I'm not sure who told you that you can use a fax of the AP? AP must be the original 2 sheets you received, not copies/scans/faxes. Get the facts straight before you book a flight back to the US and get denied entry.

12140.gif

Filed: Timeline

If you're going to fly back, and you're worried about getting turned down, you can try flying via Dublin or Shannon in Ireland. I understand they are used as POE for the States. That way, if you do get turned down, you won't have far to go back to UK. Chances are, with the AP doc, you may be fine ..... the Irish are quite nice :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.