jannaxhitti

Anyone know about a "Court Certificate"??

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hello all...

Apparently people in Kosovo must bring to their K1 interview (which will be in Skopje, Macedonia) not only a Police Certificate, but a Court Certificate as well. Does anyone know anything about this? What is the purpose of a court document if his police certificate specifically states that he has never committed any crimes?

Does he just walk into a courthouse and say, "hey, gimme a certificate!" ??? Are they going to have any clue as to what he is asking for?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I129f Timeline

Petition sent: 26 July 2007

Received by CSC: 24 August 2007

NOA1 Received: Never Got One!!!!!

Petition approved: 12 Feb 2008! :)

NOA2 Received: 16 Feb 2008

NVC Received Petition: 15 Feb 2008

NVC Sent Petition to Embassy:19 Feb 2008

Embassy Received: 21 Feb 2008

Packets 3 and 4 sent by embassy: 3 March 2008

Packets 3 and 4 received: 6 March 2008

Interview Date: 18 March 2008

Ugh! Unable to get police certificate in time for interview!!

Interview Rescheduled for: 8 April 2008 (APPROVED!!!)

Flight to Minneapolis: 12 April 2008

He left on a plane, Minneapolis airport...21 April 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Police Records

Currently, to obtain a criminal document from the District Attorney's office concerning pending and final criminal and civil cases, one needs to go to the District Attorney's office in the district of their residence, present an ID and pay the necessary fee.

To obtain a document from the District Court concerning any active court cases, one needs to go to the District Court office in one's district of their residence, present and ID and pay the necessary fee.

To obtain a criminal court certificate from the Office of Judicial Status, one needs to go to the Office of Judicial Status in Tirana from Monday through Friday at 8:00 a.m., present an ID and pay the necessary fee.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3494.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
Police Records

Currently, to obtain a criminal document from the District Attorney's office concerning pending and final criminal and civil cases, one needs to go to the District Attorney's office in the district of their residence, present an ID and pay the necessary fee.

To obtain a document from the District Court concerning any active court cases, one needs to go to the District Court office in one's district of their residence, present and ID and pay the necessary fee.

To obtain a criminal court certificate from the Office of Judicial Status, one needs to go to the Office of Judicial Status in Tirana from Monday through Friday at 8:00 a.m., present an ID and pay the necessary fee.

Thanks... my fiance will not be going through the embassy in Tirana, but rather through Macedonia. But I would assume that the standards and rules are basically the same in Kosovo and Albania. Unfortunately the website for the embassy in Macedonia only has info for people in Macedonia, not Kosovo. But this info is very useful... Thank you! :thumbs:

I129f Timeline

Police Records

Thanks... my fiance will not be going through the embassy in Tirana, but rather through Macedonia. But I would assume that the standards and rules are basically the same in Kosovo and Albania. Unfortunately the website for the embassy in Macedonia only has info for people in Macedonia, not Kosovo. But this info is very useful... Thank you! :thumbs:

i am almost certain that this only applies to those who have some criminal record...if your fiance has no criminal record, then he shouldnt need the court certificate

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Timeline

i am almost certain that this only applies to those who have some criminal record...if your fiance has no criminal record, then he shouldnt need the court certificate

I'm pretty sure too... but I keep reading conflicting things on the matter. And it even lists "court certificate for petitioner" on the list that my fiance MUST bring with him to the interview. I am just scared... what if he really does need it and that is the one thing that makes them turn down his visa?? I hate the fact that all these rules and specifics are making me so nervous! I am obsessing about everything to make sure it is all PERFECT. I'm really losing my mind...

Hey- I see you finally got an interview date... congrats!!!!!!! :D Will you be going to Tirana to attend with him?

I129f Timeline

Timeline
I'm pretty sure too... but I keep reading conflicting things on the matter. And it even lists "court certificate for petitioner" on the list that my fiance MUST bring with him to the interview. I am just scared... what if he really does need it and that is the one thing that makes them turn down his visa?? I hate the fact that all these rules and specifics are making me so nervous! I am obsessing about everything to make sure it is all PERFECT. I'm really losing my mind...

Hey- I see you finally got an interview date... congrats!!!!!!! :D Will you be going to Tirana to attend with him?

this list I am talking about is the list on the US Embassy in Macedonia website by the way......

I129f Timeline

it listed a district court certificate as a requirement for packet 3 in tirana also...i freaked out just like you, but the people i spoke with told me that he doesnt need it because he has no criminal record...if you are super concerned, call the embassy and ask them, or have your fiance do so

yes, we FINALLY got the interview date :) i will be going to tirana to help him prepare, (hes really scared), but unfortunately it is up to my boss how long i can stay there...since the interview is on a wednesday, i might only be able to go there for a long weekend and have to return on monday or tuesday before the actual interview takes place...either way i will be happy to see him and to meet the rest of his family :luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

yes I am also concerned about this court certificate thing. fiance has interview in a week. His info packets had to be picked up since they never arrived in mail. He got all the other documents but I don't think this one. I don't even know what to call it in albanian to even explain it.

I hope he does not get the visa just because of a document.

I believe the info on the website applies to both macedonians and albanians from Kosova.

The embassy in Skopje has been great so far with response to emails and questions. Turnaround time has been less than one day. I hope they are this great and nice at interview time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

I know my husband in Albania got certificates from three different agencies inside of Albania. I didn't really understand, but something like local, regional, federal. I don't know if Kosovo is set up the same way, but if you have a police certificate that says he's clear that is probably fine. I don'r think our Greek police records ever showed up and my husband still got his VISA.

AOS

AOS, EAD, AP mailed 3/13/07

AOS Appt-Fresno, CA 6/14/07

AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Card Received in the mail 6-29-07

Removal of Conditions

I-751 mailed 3/17/09

Card Received 7/11/09

Citizenship!!!!!

N-400 mailed 3/17/10

Interview 6/28/10

Oath 7/19/10

Sisters' I-130

I-130s mailed 8/14/10

checks cashed 8/23/10

yes I am also concerned about this court certificate thing. fiance has interview in a week. His info packets had to be picked up since they never arrived in mail. He got all the other documents but I don't think this one. I don't even know what to call it in albanian to even explain it.

I hope he does not get the visa just because of a document.

I believe the info on the website applies to both macedonians and albanians from Kosova.

The embassy in Skopje has been great so far with response to emails and questions. Turnaround time has been less than one day. I hope they are this great and nice at interview time.

good luck, im sure he will do just fine!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.