rubyred

NEW ZEALANDers heading to the US and their USC spouses - POST HERE!

2,284 posts in this topic

it's a stressful process, and so complicated. we all understand how you feel. i've been thinking about there's so much stuff on this thread that is useful, stuff i'm going to want to look back on when i'm applying in july for the K-1. i was thinking about reading through the whole thing and cutting and pasting all the useful bits of info into a word doc... and then it hit: i'm surely not the only one who could use a condensed version of this thread, so i've started a blog for all this: visahelper blog

i will slowly go back through this thread and cut and paste all the useful information into blog posts, which will be tagged with individual and highly specific categories, in order to make searching for specific info much, much easier.

if you guys are interested in contributing, let me know and i will add you as co-authors on the blog so that you can freely post.

That is one heck of a good idea!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just want to say, i know i seem dumb in all this..we went about this backwards..but when he decided to come to the US we didnt know what to expect..

we fell in love and and just wanted to be together..thats it... not thinking about a job or money... and when we decided to file for the fiance visa

we really didnt know what to expect...so i want to appologise for seeming dumb...if we had known what we know now..and if i found this site earlier..

we might of gone about it a different way..i feel like we're just hanging on by a finger nail waiting for it to break...and that big fat "no" to be said to us.

Oh not at all! Everyone comes into this not knowing a thing about it. We're lucky we have this website to answer each others questions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

thank you so much everyone for your replies...you made me feels so much better..lol..choked me up.. but theses days i seem to be on the verge of tears anyway.

i find with this..you have to let it go and hopefully it will all work out..it has to...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

thanks guys!

so if you'd like to be a co-author just sign up here: sign up

it only takes half a minute. at the bottom of the page, click the 'just a username, please'. then post your username here and i will add you as a co-author.

07-10-2008 entered US on J-1 visa

01-01-2009 officially engaged

04-06-2009 married

04-25-2009 filed AOS

05-22-2009 biometrics appointment

06-05-2009 EAD received

06-17-2009 NOA2 received

07-30-2009 interview- recommended for approval! GC expected in 1-2 months

10-21-2009 received NOA for the I-130: "your petition is approved but... the applicant for whom you are petitioning is not eligible to file for an adjustment of status at this time". still no GC :(

11-18-2009 welcome letter received!

12-01-2009 green card received!

september 2011 filed for removal of conditions

october 2011 biometrics appointment

december 2011 RFE received

january 2011 sent in RFE packet

february 2011 conditions lifted, 10 year green card received

thanks guys!

so if you'd like to be a co-author just sign up here: sign up

it only takes half a minute. at the bottom of the page, click the 'just a username, please'. then post your username here and i will add you as a co-author.

I'm in! Name is the same as I use here :)

it's a stressful process, and so complicated. we all understand how you feel. i've been thinking about there's so much stuff on this thread that is useful, stuff i'm going to want to look back on when i'm applying in july for the K-1. i was thinking about reading through the whole thing and cutting and pasting all the useful bits of info into a word doc... and then it hit: i'm surely not the only one who could use a condensed version of this thread, so i've started a blog for all this: visahelper blog

i will slowly go back through this thread and cut and paste all the useful information into blog posts, which will be tagged with individual and highly specific categories, in order to make searching for specific info much, much easier.

if you guys are interested in contributing, let me know and i will add you as co-authors on the blog so that you can freely post.

What a wonderful idea!!! :thumbs: This thread is around 67 pages now and it can take a while to wade through all the posts to find the information. I wrote down relevant things down on a writing pad from this thread and it was very helpful for me especially when i went for the medical ( best doctor to see, price of medical, where the lab and xray place was located from the doctors etc) Knowing these things beforehand makes the process a little less stressful!

And reading the reviews of the interviews are a great help too! I will be going for mine this week and it's great to know where the parking is allocated and that there is a post shop and coffee place nearby the embassy etc. so your idea of putting useful information on a blog is just GREAT!! :yes:

I know ..I mean I reread your post about the medical just before I left the house, made it so much easier to find and good to know what happens in advance. Takes the worry out of it all.

Be sure to post a review! I won't be too far behind you..I hope !

thank you so much everyone for your replies...you made me feels so much better..lol..choked me up.. but theses days i seem to be on the verge of tears anyway.

i find with this..you have to let it go and hopefully it will all work out..it has to...

Chin up ..we will all get through this together! (F)

Timeline

hmm i thought i just needed a username to add you, but it seems i need the email address you signed up with. PM me with yours and then i'll add you!

Edited by rubyred

04-06-2009 married

04-25-2009 filed AOS

06-05-2009 EAD received

06-17-2009 NOA2 received

10-21-2009 received NOA for the I-130: "your petition is approved but... the applicant for whom you are petitioning is not eligible to file for an adjustment of status at this time". still no GC :(

hmm i thought i just needed a username to add you, but it seems i need the email address you signed up with. PM me with yours and then i'll add you!

Done !

Timeline

What an excellent idea :thumbs:

This thread has been invaluable to me.......at each step of the process I've trawled back and forth, sometimes for a day or so to find the bits I know I'd read here somewhere. In the end I too started to copy and paste relavent things to word.

My SO says I'm ####### when it comes to paper work, which I am, but it's paid off with everything up to now going through ok and no RFE's being issued.

Tell you what else has been interesting on here, I know alot of you are just starting out, in you early 20's etc, and to be honest I thought at 46 I must be the granny of the thread, but from the odd thing I've read it sounds like there may be the odd other middle aged person or two on here, so that makes me feel a bit better....lol :star:

It's not just the journey either, once you're here in the U.S., it's nice to have people in the same boat to talk to about adjusting to a different way of life, sharing experiences, and most importantly ........ finding familiar food etc......lol :devil::rolleyes::P:D

But seriously,......... a big thanks to everyone on here who has contributed :yes:

It's a kind of a "pay it forward thing" I guess...If I can help anyone else on here who's begining their journey, I'd be happy to do so, so sign me up....user name kimberleynz1.....I'll PM you with my email address.

Cheers

Kim

Our Timeline

AOS

February 23rd 2009 AOS sent in

March 7th 2009 NOA1 Received for EAD & AP

March 9th 2009 NOA1 Received for I-485 & Biometric Apt

March 17th 2009 RFE for Tax & Employment evidence

March 20th 2009 Biometric Apt

March 27th 2009 Sent back RFE

May 7th 2009 Called to give them a rev up!!

June 8th 2009 Still nothing!!!! - put in a service request for EAP & AP

June 10th 2009 Case status finally avaiable online for EAD & AP

June 10th 2009 EAD card production ordered

June 10th 2009 AP approval notice sent

FUNNY WHAT A PHONE CALL WILL DO.......

June 16th 2009 AP Received In mail!!!

June 17th 2009 EAD card production status changed to 17th June

June 19th 2009 EAD Mailed out

June 22nd 2009 EAD Received in mail!!!

July 14th 2009 I-485 finally online and transfered to California!!!!!

July 22nd 2009 Touch

July 31st 2009 Touch

August 3rd 2009 Touch

August 13th 2009 GC Card Production Ordered

August 17th 2009 Received "Welcome to the U.S." letter

August 22nd 2009 Received Green Card in the mail

June 6th 2011 ROC package sent off to VSC

June 13th 2011 NOA1 Letter

July 28th 2011 Biometrics

February 28th 2012 10yr GC Approval Letter

Timeline

you're both 'contributors'! this should mean you can post whenever/whatever you like.

try to keep posts to single topics where possible: it doesn't matter if they're super short or just bullet-pointed lists or anything. i think it will make searching and reading easier this way - when you click on 'medicals', for example, you'll only get a list of posts relating to just that topic, and not have to skim through other subject matter.

if you feel like a topic needs multiple categories, then go right ahead and list it under as many relevant categories as possible. if other people post stuff that you think needs to be listed under extra categories to make searching easier, please let me know.

this may be one of the best ideas i've had ;)

04-06-2009 married

04-25-2009 filed AOS

06-05-2009 EAD received

06-17-2009 NOA2 received

Timeline
Tell you what else has been interesting on here, I know alot of you are just starting out, in you early 20's etc, and to be honest I thought at 46 I must be the granny of the thread, but from the odd thing I've read it sounds like there may be the odd other middle aged person or two on here, so that makes me feel a bit better....lol :star:

Cheers

Kim

hehe yep, i'm 43 tho i must admit i don't feel middle aged, strange but i still don't think of myself that way yet :)

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-14-2008 Arrived at Vermont

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

12-17-2008 Package sent to Auckland Consulate

12-30-2008 Packet 3 received

01-27-2009 Packet 3 returned

02-03-2009 Packet 4 received

02-10-2009 Intervew - visa approved

03-14-2009 POE Los Angeles

03-25-2009 Married :)

07/22/2009 Work Permit received

ROC

11/18/2011 I-751 packet sent to Vermont

11/25/2011 I-751 packet received at USCIS Vermont

I think I must be past middle age. As my youngest son said.... you aren't middle aged... people rarely get to be 110 Mother...

I think I might be the Granny here :)

Timeline
I think I must be past middle age. As my youngest son said.... you aren't middle aged... people rarely get to be 110 Mother...

oh pish posh, you're a granny when you have white hair that looks a bit like candy floss and a wrinkly face and do lots of baking, now i don't know about the baking but the rest of it def isn't you

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-14-2008 Arrived at Vermont

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

12-17-2008 Package sent to Auckland Consulate

12-30-2008 Packet 3 received

01-27-2009 Packet 3 returned

02-03-2009 Packet 4 received

02-10-2009 Intervew - visa approved

03-14-2009 POE Los Angeles

03-25-2009 Married :)

07/22/2009 Work Permit received

ROC

11/18/2011 I-751 packet sent to Vermont

11/25/2011 I-751 packet received at USCIS Vermont

oh pish posh, you're a granny when you have white hair that looks a bit like candy floss and a wrinkly face and do lots of baking, now i don't know about the baking but the rest of it def isn't you

:rofl: I'll tell him that...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.