ChrisB0707

Sending Load To A Cell Phone In The Philippines

21 posts in this topic

We have used Arty with great success. I have figured about our weekly need and have setup an autoload schedule with Arty to handle the loads on a weekly basis. I have had that running for about 6 months with no issues.

For most texts we I have a Chikka txt account set up on my PC and mobile in the US. My txt costs are pretty nill with that and hers is just a couple peso to send to me. Plus you can do MMS through Chikka, also loads which I used to do but found Arty better. With Arty if you call customer service after you have used them so much they will increase your monthly limit.

But as our txt bills increased, we eventually have switched to mostly YM with a web cam for about 99% of our communication.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Pardon me, but I am very technology-challenged.

I loosely understand the sim cards and such, but here's what I THINK I am seeing. When I go to RP, I can buy a phone and use it back HERE in the USA to keep our calls and texts cheaper??? That sounds awesome, if I am understanding this correctly.

Right now, my angel texts within Phil for P2, but it's P15 to text ME here in the U.S. :angry:

Correct, I bought a phone from Phils, 1/hr before you leave, you txt ROAM ON or somehting of that sort to the provider number depending if it's Globe or Smart. Now, they can continue to txt that Phone for 1-peso. I only use that phone to recieve txt, then I either text her back with my phone(I have an international txt plan with AT&T-100 txt for $9.99/month) or I txt her thru Yahoo Messenger(free for me). You SO would have to have a Yahoo account and she/he can add their Phone # to that account so txt messages from YM can get sent to them.

She even txt me back on YM and it only cost her 2.50-peso to txt my YM. I have a smart phone with unlimited data plan, so, I'm pretty much connected to YM 24/7.

Not sure how much it is for her to call me, but I'm the one that does the calling. Plus, I go thru Gorilla Mobile when calling Phils, they charge .9cents for landline or .15cents to cell phone.

Ingats!!

Hi All and Happy New Year!

I am glad to read all the posts and I guess I am doing things correct.

I use PLDT to buy load.

I also use Arty, depending on mood LOL

Here is what I did: When I was in Philippines, I purchased a cellphone and got Smart Sim card. An hour before I left, I put it on ROAM, took out the sim card and gave the phone to my fiancee. (phone only works on the frequency there)

When I arrived in USA I went to the Nokia web site, purchased an "Unlocked" phone, put sim card in the phone.

Now my fiancee and other Philippine friends can text me for the cost of a local text.

I don't text back with that phone cause it cost about 60 peso I think. I use my USA cell phone to text back, I purchased an international plan with AT&T.

Good luck. I hope all this information helps!!

hello,

im going to send my husband a roaming simcard but he doesn't know where he can get a cellphone to use it..

how and where did u get an "unlocked" phone?

i want him to get even a cheapest phone, just to use the roaming simcard..

thank you..

d5muaz79s9.pngs-event.png

IR-5 for dad

02/16/12 - mailed I-130

02/27/12 - NOA1 petition received(hubby's birthday!)

06/06/12 - NOA2 stating I-130 approved

06/29/12 - NVC received case

07/09/12 - case entered in the system,assigned MNL # and IIN,email add given

07/12/12 - beneficiary emailed DS-3032, auto response received

07/18/12 - AOS fee bill/paid "IN PROCESS"

07/20/12 - AOS fee bill shows "PAID", mailed AOS package

07/25/12 - received AOS

07/25/12 - IV Fee Bill Invoiced, paid $230.00 "IN PROCESS"

07/26/12 - IV Fee bill shows "PAID"

07/28/12 - mailed IV Package

08/03/12 - received DS 230 packet

08/14/12 - sent RFE

08/16/12 - NVC received RFE

08/21/12 - log in failed

08/22/12 - case complete!

09/26-27/12 - medical at SLMC

10/04/12 - interview

12/01/12 - Left Philippines

I loosely understand the sim cards and such, but here's what I THINK I am seeing. When I go to RP, I can buy a phone and use it back HERE in the USA to keep our calls and texts cheaper??? That sounds awesome, if I am understanding this correctly.

Right now, my angel texts within Phil for P2, but it's P15 to text ME here in the U.S. :angry:

Correct, I bought a phone from Phils, 1/hr before you leave, you txt ROAM ON or somehting of that sort to the provider number depending if it's Globe or Smart. Now, they can continue to txt that Phone for 1-peso. I only use that phone to recieve txt, then I either text her back with my phone(I have an international txt plan with AT&T-100 txt for $9.99/month) or I txt her thru Yahoo Messenger(free for me). You SO would have to have a Yahoo account and she/he can add their Phone # to that account so txt messages from YM can get sent to them.

She even txt me back on YM and it only cost her 2.50-peso to txt my YM. I have a smart phone with unlimited data plan, so, I'm pretty much connected to YM 24/7.

Not sure how much it is for her to call me, but I'm the one that does the calling. Plus, I go thru Gorilla Mobile when calling Phils, they charge .9cents for landline or .15cents to cell phone.

Ingats!!

I use PLDT to buy load.

Here is what I did: When I was in Philippines, I purchased a cellphone and got Smart Sim card. An hour before I left, I put it on ROAM, took out the sim card and gave the phone to my fiancee. (phone only works on the frequency there)

When I arrived in USA I went to the Nokia web site, purchased an "Unlocked" phone, put sim card in the phone.

Now my fiancee and other Philippine friends can text me for the cost of a local text.

I don't text back with that phone cause it cost about 60 peso I think. I use my USA cell phone to text back, I purchased an international plan with AT&T.

hello,

im going to send my husband a roaming simcard but he doesn't know where he can get a cellphone to use it..

thank you..

Here is what I do. I tx her from Chikka on my computer and the cost is nothing to me. If I am not home and need to text I use my Verizon Wireless phone and the cost is .15 cents. She texts me on my cellphone which I bought used from Ebay (Motorola V180) for approximately $45. You MUST make sure that it has the correct band to work in the USA. The safest phone to buy is a quad band phone, that way it works in USA and Philippines. When I leave the Philippines I put it in roam by texting ROAM ON to smart (333) is the number you send it to and then when I return to the Philippines I text ROAM OFF (also to 333) and then within minutes I can call her or text her. To make sure I am covered while in USA I have both Smart and Globe sims in roam. I put the Globe in roam the day before I leave the Phils and then Smart the day that I leave. Works great for me and no cost to her to tx me if she has unlimited in smart and if not it is only 1peso same as texting others in Phils.

Met thru friend May 2006

02/22/2008-Married

04/02/2008-Date I-130 Sent :

04/10/2008-Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) :

07/03/2008-Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) :

07/03/2008-Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :

07/12/2008- Date Package Received By NVC :

07/15/2008- Return Completed DS-3032 :

09/06/2008- Pay I-864 Bill : Bill in mail while in Philippines for two months

09/12/2008- Receive IV Bill :

09/16/2008- Paid IV Bill online :

09/18/2008- Bill shows paid online :

09/27/2008- Received I-864 Package :

09/29/2008- Mailed I-864 Package to NVC :

10/02/2008- I-864 packet delivered to Portsmouth NH 11AM per USPS tracking

10/03/2008- I-864 package entered into NVC system

10/13/2008- I-864 confirmed approved by phone with NVC

10/20/2008- In Philippines helping assembly DS-230 Documents to send

10/22/2008- Sent DS-230 package by FedEx to NVC :

10/23/2008- DS-230 Package rec'd by R. Pearse 9:27am at NVC

10/24/2008- Now just waiting for NVC to approve DS-230

10/29/2008- NVC approved DS-230, Called today 11/1/2008 from Phils to ask status and was told the good news!!!

11/06/2008- Interview date set 12/12/2008, Received email reply confirming date but still need letter!

11/20/2008- Letter received in Philippines

11/25/2008- Medical at St Lukes everything ok!!!!!!

12/12/2008- Interview complete but need Marriage Index from NSO. Applied for 12/15/2008

01/06/2009- Got Marriage Index at NSO & took it to USEM, was told they will call when Visa can be picked up

01/16/2009- Visa delivered by Delbros....fantastic!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ingats!!

I use PLDT to buy load.

hello,

thank you..

Here is what I do. I tx her from Chikka on my computer and the cost is nothing to me. If I am not home and need to text I use my Verizon Wireless phone and the cost is .15 cents. She texts me on my cellphone which I bought used from Ebay (Motorola V180) for approximately $45. You MUST make sure that it has the correct band to work in the USA. The safest phone to buy is a quad band phone, that way it works in USA and Philippines. When I leave the Philippines I put it in roam by texting ROAM ON to smart (333) is the number you send it to and then when I return to the Philippines I text ROAM OFF (also to 333) and then within minutes I can call her or text her. To make sure I am covered while in USA I have both Smart and Globe sims in roam. I put the Globe in roam the day before I leave the Phils and then Smart the day that I leave. Works great for me and no cost to her to tx me if she has unlimited in smart and if not it is only 1peso same as texting others in Phils.

I have a question about people using chikka ..... i haven't tried it yet ... but I did some reading .... I understand for me to text from my pc to her mobile phone would be free for me .... is there a cost she incurs from me texting her this way? I read that some plans/countries will charge the recipent.

Thanks in advance ... this would save me money if she doesn't incur cost for my incoming texts.

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Ingats!!

I use PLDT to buy load.

hello,

thank you..

we used chikka to text each other,but when he changed his mobile carrier,it doesn't accept text from chikka anymore..

so u use ur roam sim with the cellphone u bought?

:ot:

i saw ur signature and it says that USEM asked for marriage index?

what was that? why did they ask for that?

is it required for cr1/ir1 applicants?

d5muaz79s9.pngs-event.png

IR-5 for dad

02/16/12 - mailed I-130

02/27/12 - NOA1 petition received(hubby's birthday!)

06/06/12 - NOA2 stating I-130 approved

06/29/12 - NVC received case

07/09/12 - case entered in the system,assigned MNL # and IIN,email add given

07/12/12 - beneficiary emailed DS-3032, auto response received

07/18/12 - AOS fee bill/paid "IN PROCESS"

07/20/12 - AOS fee bill shows "PAID", mailed AOS package

07/25/12 - received AOS

07/25/12 - IV Fee Bill Invoiced, paid $230.00 "IN PROCESS"

07/26/12 - IV Fee bill shows "PAID"

07/28/12 - mailed IV Package

08/03/12 - received DS 230 packet

08/14/12 - sent RFE

08/16/12 - NVC received RFE

08/21/12 - log in failed

08/22/12 - case complete!

09/26-27/12 - medical at SLMC

10/04/12 - interview

12/01/12 - Left Philippines

Ingats!!

I use PLDT to buy load.

hello,

thank you..

I have a question about people using chikka ..... i haven't tried it yet ... but I did some reading .... I understand for me to text from my pc to her mobile phone would be free for me .... is there a cost she incurs from me texting her this way? I read that some plans/countries will charge the recipent.

Thanks in advance ... this would save me money if she doesn't incur cost for my incoming texts.

Hello sorry late reply but yes it is free for anyone in the Philippines to receive incoming texts from Chikka. For the sake of the forum I will send you a private message about Chikka and how to use it to your advantage. Take care

Met thru friend May 2006

02/22/2008-Married

04/02/2008-Date I-130 Sent :

04/10/2008-Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) :

07/03/2008-Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) :

07/03/2008-Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :

07/12/2008- Date Package Received By NVC :

07/15/2008- Return Completed DS-3032 :

09/06/2008- Pay I-864 Bill : Bill in mail while in Philippines for two months

09/12/2008- Receive IV Bill :

09/16/2008- Paid IV Bill online :

09/18/2008- Bill shows paid online :

09/27/2008- Received I-864 Package :

09/29/2008- Mailed I-864 Package to NVC :

10/02/2008- I-864 packet delivered to Portsmouth NH 11AM per USPS tracking

10/03/2008- I-864 package entered into NVC system

10/13/2008- I-864 confirmed approved by phone with NVC

10/20/2008- In Philippines helping assembly DS-230 Documents to send

10/22/2008- Sent DS-230 package by FedEx to NVC :

10/23/2008- DS-230 Package rec'd by R. Pearse 9:27am at NVC

10/24/2008- Now just waiting for NVC to approve DS-230

10/29/2008- NVC approved DS-230, Called today 11/1/2008 from Phils to ask status and was told the good news!!!

11/06/2008- Interview date set 12/12/2008, Received email reply confirming date but still need letter!

11/20/2008- Letter received in Philippines

11/25/2008- Medical at St Lukes everything ok!!!!!!

12/12/2008- Interview complete but need Marriage Index from NSO. Applied for 12/15/2008

01/06/2009- Got Marriage Index at NSO & took it to USEM, was told they will call when Visa can be picked up

01/16/2009- Visa delivered by Delbros....fantastic!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.