JNet

fiance one way to usa?

12 posts in this topic

Hey vjers, can you purchase a one-way ticket for your fiance to usa? My friend is about to fly his fiance here and one airlines told him they were not sure about a one-way ticket. She said to check and I told him there is no problem. Anyone here that has flown here with a one-way ticket? Thanks, Joe

Hey vjers, can you purchase a one-way ticket for your fiance to usa? My friend is about to fly his fiance here and one airlines told him they were not sure about a one-way ticket. She said to check and I told him there is no problem. Anyone here that has flown here with a one-way ticket? Thanks, Joe

We purchased my ticket Northwest Airlines and it was one way only.. around 750$ .

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

It doesnt matter, whichever is cheapest. We bought round trip just because it was cheaper.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my husband bought one-way tickets online for me and our daughter at expedia.com the moment i got a call from US embassy about picking up the visa the next day. i arrived here in the US 2 days after.

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

It doesn't matter if it is one-way or round-trip.

For us, we bought a one-way, simply because it was cheaper. No problems!

BTW - CONGRATS to your friend!

Peace,

MarkNAam

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

:thumbs:

yup! same here my husband bought one-way ticket to the US in orbitz.com and sent the ticket in phil for me...

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

That is what I am planning to do for my fiancee is to buy one way ticket after she gets the visa. What ever the cheapest is what I will do. Congrats! :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would say it is better for you to buy a one way ticket. For k1 holder some agency will give you discounted rates. It is better to buy tickets flying out during weekdays to save couple hundred dollars for pocket money. My wife got qoutes from PAL flying out on a weekend for $1100 versus a weekday rate of $750. For those flying out of the country i would suggest to use our flag carrier. Thank you!

Interesting update. I talked with my friend this afternoon and he said he spent almost 3 hours talking with agents and supervisors from United Airlines. They did tell him that the correct procedure is to purchase a round trip ticket. He was so frustrated trying to figure this out while talking with all the reps from UA. Maybe someone can elaborate on this subject, but it seems to me that maybe most airline employees do not enforce this regulation. At least that is what they told him. They said that not all employees follow this to the letter but it does make sense because we have to do the same thing when we fly to there country. Anyway, feel free to post your opinion until maybe someone actually finds out the policy from the appropriate agency or airline. Thanks

Purchased mine (one-way) from United Airline. Your friends' fiance might try going to Aerotel in Makati if she wants to get ticket from UA. She can pay it cash.

Julie :thumbs:

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

I made an inquiry from a travelling agency here in Cebu regarding price quotation for Cebu-San Francisco flight on the first week of April. The travel agent gave me a price quote of $650 one way fare. It's inclusive of tax and a discounted rate for first time immigrants. So I believe purchasing one-way ticket should be okay.

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.