aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Gosh, you guys, I didn't mean in any way, shape, or form that you shouldn't share what has happened with your waivers, either! There are very few who can understand the way our lives are on hold or can truly offer support that comes from this understanding, including our very own families! It's very emotional and difficult, and I know you guys understand what we're going through. That's why we all post here. It's only that when I hear from others that have been denied, it makes me afraid, and I can't help that. You all know how much is riding on this. It's just unsure until you hear from the consulate yes or no. So I agree with Joanna -- I can't help speculating on whether it will be good enough to pass whatever test it is at the consulate.

I hope things are getting better for you, Mary and Tom. I can't imagine trying to do what you're doing. I think you'll find out how truly strong you are through all of this. I guess we all just do the best we can, right? Well, I usually do. :)

Tiff

Well we got our interview date for May 5th. That will be the big day to file our waiver. I do hope that everyone hears something positive soon. I'm going to try to keep a positive attitude and a stiff upper lip. I'm not giving up until we are shot down cold.

So what am I missing here? What is the new policy or procedure with the waiver? Are you talking about them being sent back to the us for approval? If so, does anyone have or seen anything in writing from the embassy? Just wondering.

Well I take off Wednesday for N. Ireland. I get to spend a short week with my fiance. First time for me, soooooo excited to be going.

Thanks,

Bailey

Sorry for double posting by me! I just got home after a very loooonggg drive home from Boulder, snowing all the way, and had to reply! Nothing like a spring storm in Colorado. :D

Bailey, just wanted to say congrats on your interview date! Is he going to have to stay in London or come down twice? I don't think there's any new policy with the waiver, just our wild speculation on here about why they have extended their processing times! Also just wanted to say have a fabulous time in Ireland. What a fun time. Has he always come over here to visit you? I've always been to England to visit Cas because he couldn't come over here because of his CIMT. So needless to say, family VERY anxious to meet this funny Englishman!

Good luck.

Tiff

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the wishes cmltdg,

Yeah he's always come over here. He didn't qualify for a passport because of his cimt but they did grant him a visitor visa. He applied in Belfast but they forward it to London and they reviewed it and approved him for the visa. I hope that's a good sign even though I know it has nothing to do with receiving an immigrate visa. I'm very excited to be going to meet his family for the first time. I want to meet the ones responsible for raising such a wonderful man. I'm sure you family will also be so excited to meet the man who has made you so very happy. They will be able to see the person who has brought so much happiness to you and why you are so willing to fight to be together.

Yes he has to fly over twice. I did email the embassy and request his interview the same day as his medical but after we thought about it , we decided it would be cutting it too close trying to make it to both in one day. I was surprised that the embassy seemed willing to work with us and I do think they were going to give us the date we requested but at the last minute we explained our concern and ask for May. His sister has decided to go with him and shop while he's at the embassy so at least he will have some company since I can't be there. That should calm his nerves down a bit. Well I hope it will.

Everyone please keep posting on here. That's what we are all here for. It hurts so bad when we hear of someone receiving bad news. Yes It makes us wonder and worry about our own fate but most of all it makes us realize just how much we need each other to get through this part of the process. If we didn't share and experience this together then where would any of us be? There isn't a lot of information on this part of the process. Heck a few months ago I was totally clueless. I know a little bit more than I did in the beginning but if we don't share our knowledge then how else would we find out?

Well sorry for going on. I usually don't say much on here but I had to put my two cents in. Let us all stick and work together, stay positive and try our best to help those who are having a hard time.

Oh and keep your fingers crossed for me............... I'm suppose to be at the airport on Wednesday morning for my flight and we are having a hugh snow storm tonight. Well for here it's hugh. :lol: They are saying up to 10 inches. I guess I'll have to get the dog sled out. lol

Have a good night all,

Baileyj

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

(gulp)

Ok, so this morning I got a letter from UCIS.

Reference is made to the "Application of Grounds of Inadmissibility," Form I-601, which you filed on January5, 2006.

Pursuant to the authority contained in Section 212(h) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended, an order dated March 22, 2006 has been issued granting the application for waiver of excludability under Section 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(II) of the Act.

The American Embassy in London has been informed of theis grant and any inquiry you may have about your visa processing should be directed to that Embassy.

Sincerely

Officer in Charge

Am I correct in reading this as an approval?? I got no phone call, and there is no big rubber stamp mark with "APPROVED" on it. It's only short but I've stared at it for 2 hours now and the words keep changing!

Can anyone confirm they got something like this so I can wake the wife and scream at her?

July 2003 - Met online

Oct 2004 - Finally met in person ~ engaged

Nov 2004 - I-29 sent

Jan 2005 - Rejected. Wouldn't accept digital photgraphs as proof!!

Apr 14 05 - Married in Roslyn Scotland

Apr 29 05 - I-130 sent

Mar 10 05- I-130 NOA1

Jul 10 05- I-129f sent

Jul 28 05 - I-129f NOA1

Oct 27 05 - K3 Packet 3 received

Nov 11 05 - Packet 3 sent

Dec 12 05 - Packet 4 received

Jan 05 06 - K3 Interview London - rejected I-601 applied

Jan 13 06 - I-601 filed

March 25 06 - Odd letter arrives from Homeland Security granting the application...

March 31 06 - Email confirmation of approval! 11 weeks. Yippeeeee.....

April 03 06 - SMS pick passport up from home.

April 12 06 - SMS nearly deliver visa.

OMG...looks like an approval to me! Congratulations!!! :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Timeline
(gulp)

Reference is made to the "Application of Grounds of Inadmissibility," Form I-601, which you filed on January5, 2006.

Pursuant to the authority contained in Section 212(h) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended, an order dated March 22, 2006 has been issued granting the application for waiver of excludability under Section 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(II) of the Act.

The American Embassy in London has been informed of theis grant and any inquiry you may have about your visa processing should be directed to that Embassy.

Sincerely

Officer in Charge

Am I correct in reading this as an approval?? I got no phone call, and there is no big rubber stamp mark with "APPROVED" on it. It's only short but I've stared at it for 2 hours now and the words keep changing!

Can anyone confirm they got something like this so I can wake the wife and scream at her?

it sounds like you should be expecting a call from the embassy... maybe they are behind in their calls. I think i remember Misty saying that hers had been granted several days before she actually received the call and it does appear that some of the procedures have changed so now they must be mailing the approvals as well as the denials.

what a relief!

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

The word which sticks out here is GRANTED! :thumbs:

Yep it sounds positive to me :yes:

if i was you and could'nt wait give the Embassy a ring monday...Then this could put your mind at rest...

but it sounds Good to me... ;)

Timeline
(gulp)

Sincerely

Officer in Charge

HOLY COW!!! That sounds like an approval to me! Congratulations to you guys. It was so quiet in here all week, I was beginning to wonder. Yahoo! :dance:

Timeline

:dance: We're taking it positively for sure! :dance:

I won't exhale fully until I get a genuine confirmation, so I'll be pestering them first thing monday morning to find out. Thanks so far!!

:whistle::star:

July 2003 - Met online

Nov 2004 - I-29 sent

Apr 29 05 - I-130 sent

Mar 10 05- I-130 NOA1

Jul 10 05- I-129f sent

Jul 28 05 - I-129f NOA1

Jan 13 06 - I-601 filed

March 25 06 - Odd letter arrives from Homeland Security granting the application...

Congrats to you both Rob!! :dance:

You must have been sh#tting yourself when you saw that come through the letterbox mate! :lol:

I guess they do inform people by letter aswell eh? and true to form, Rob's approval was around the 10 week mark eh? mmmmmmmmmm maybe there is some truth to that theory? :P

Well Tiff, I don't know about you but that certainly makes me feel a lot better about our forthcoming "dates with destiny"!

:thumbs:

Hey Rob, it certainly would help others if you could post your letter of hardship on here!

:dance: We're taking it positively for sure! :dance:

I won't exhale fully until I get a genuine confirmation, so I'll be pestering them first thing monday morning to find out. Thanks so far!!

:whistle::star:

Timeline

Nope! I phoned them today to ask what was what but couldn't get past the main board.

They said I should write or email the london consular so I promptly emailed.

Yes seeing the envelope was far from pleasant! I was half asleep after some late night programming and my brain wasn't at its best. I really didn't know whether to be happy or sad (and still not 100% sure). :wacko:

July 2003 - Met online

Nov 2004 - I-29 sent

Apr 29 05 - I-130 sent

Mar 10 05- I-130 NOA1

Jul 10 05- I-129f sent

Jul 28 05 - I-129f NOA1

Jan 13 06 - I-601 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.