aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

Alright this thread is getting awfully quiet...how is everyone apart from the obvious frustrations..myself included. (F)

me: US, soon-to-be ex: Sweden

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

'97-'99---carried on long distance relationship

02/14/99---married in the US

10/23/99---received swedish residence permit

12/02/99---moved to Sweden

03/21/01---filed I-130; no visa given

06/27/02--visa interview; denied told to file I-601 for CIMT

9/12/05--visa interview; submitted 601 to Stockholm, Sweden

10/06/05----waiver forwarded to DHS; Copenhagen, Denmark

10/11/05---waiver entered into the DHS system

12/15/05---waiver finally mailed to London; rc'd snaily from ICE (12/16/05)

01/03/06----DHS London finally receives waiver; let the adjudication begin!

Jan. 25 06---LONDON APPROVES WAIVER!!!

02/02/06---sent passport off to embassy to receive visa

02/06/06---rc'd passport w/visa and infamous brown envelope

02/25/06----spouse immigrated to Florida..Miami POE, no probs!

03/14/06----spouse received social security card

03/17/06----spouse received green card!

03/12/06----Finally back in the US after 7 long years!

08/20/06--We separate after almost 8 years of marriage

06/09/07---still separated.....probably filing for divorce in August

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree Misty,

but I guess it's really difficult for jpkeswim and Mary and Tom... all the time waiting and still nothing.

I know myself that I decided to take the weekend off from the forum, because I was checking it so much, sometimes twice a day, which is really overkill. It also makes the waiting seem even longer, and I'm only at the start compared to these other guys!

Mary and Tom and Jpkeswim, please please try and be positive! I know that's easy for me to say, but remember the pass rate that London has for waivers! They're just f*cking with your minds. That's what Nigel and Misty both said, when you think that everything is lost is when you will get THAT call. Hang on in there guys!!! :thumbs:

wow it is quiet in here!!! :reading:

where is everyone?

anyway can anyone confirm that the london.uscis dept. that processes the waivers IS in the same building as the london consular dept. that processes the visa's???

It's gonna be 2 weeks tomorrow since my letter got to the embassy, does anyone think it's worth sending them another e-mail just to find out what's going on (to see if they've opened it yet) or should I leave it for another few days??

I gotta stop counting the days!! :clock:

Paul I would contact the consulate and ask if they have received anything. From what I have heard the DHS office is upstairs but since I didnt go through London I am just going by what I think I know. Nigel's sat in the consulate for I believe 19 days before it went upstairs.

I am sorry you havent heard anything...

We should be getting our passports by the end of the week...yeehaw..cant wait!

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

Hi Misty,

seems like we're the only ones in here at the moment eh? :P

It gives me some encouragement knowing that the USCIS dept is upstairs!

I tried to hang back on the sending an e-mail in, but the cravings were just too overwhelming and so I sent them one an hour ago!! :lol:

It would be so nice just to get ANY information on what's happening but I ain't holding my breath! :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
wow it is quiet in here!!! :reading:

where is everyone?

anyway can anyone confirm that the london.uscis dept. that processes the waivers IS in the same building as the london consular dept. that processes the visa's???

It's gonna be 2 weeks tomorrow since my letter got to the embassy, does anyone think it's worth sending them another e-mail just to find out what's going on (to see if they've opened it yet) or should I leave it for another few days??

I gotta stop counting the days!! :clock:

It has always been my understanding that they process the waivers in the same building... although they do have to send the finger prints to the FBI. When they were trying to decide if they could allow us to file a waiver we were under the impression that they were consulting with the other department to confirm that we could. I certainly hope that they did or we could be wasting our time waiting and waiting.

Still no word for us. Yesterday I tried to respond to this thread... I typed a whole response and then just closed the window and never sent it. It was just me feeling sorry for myself... which I managed to do all day yesterday. This is seriously taking a toll now. Tom is sick and I am so out of sorts. It's just not normal to be unable to look forward to any plans at all. If it was just a matter of waiting certain length of time that would be one thing. But to not even know what country we will be living in.. to not know what plans to look forward to...my brain just cannot deal with it anymore. It's not depression.. its something entirely different. I can't explain it. It's like they have just sapped our energy and taken away any joy we should feel about the future. Just living minute by minute waiting for the phone to ring.

We didn't attempt a trip to Scotland. We didn't want to be away and miss a call. This stress has made us too tired anyway. Some nights I only manage to sleep 3 or 4 hours. When I first got here in November it was exciting making plans for the things we would do during my stay. Now we just want to make plans for our "real" life together.

Yesterday I found out that my daughter in law is expecting a son. So I will have a grandson this summer in addition to the two grand daughters. I wonder if I will ever know him.

As for emailing again... I don't know... that reply I received said to refrain from contacting them.

Friday it will be 12 weeks since our petition was entered into the system. So I guess they really meant it when they said 12 to 15 weeks. My return date to the states is before 15 weeks. How can I leave without knowing? I cannot go back not knowing if I am going to be getting ready for him to join me or if I have to get rid of all my belongings. I have lived in that house for 30 years! Getting rid of a 30 year accumulation is a daunting task. I don't know how I will manage it all alone. Of course I could just give it all away and get back here as quickly as possible but I feel like I would have to get as much money as I can for everything. Living costs in London are so high. We have to live in Michigan... we have a house there that is paid for...no morgage. I cannot believe how much we would have to pay here in London for something less than half the size of that house. That's why I would have to get rid of most of my belongings. No room for them.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Hello there,

I've been peeking in here off and on just not much to say. I'm a bit aggrivated at the moment. I sent London an email requesting our interview the same day as our medical so he wouldn't have to make two trips. Because we put a travel date of October (because of the waiver) they said he can't have that date because fiance visa's are only good for 6 months and he would need a later date for the visa to still be valid in October. Now I have to send an email to explain this. grrrrrrrrrrr Never get ahead with this system. lol

I don't blame you Paul. I would be dying of curiosity also. Makes you want to run over there, grab the documents, and run them upstairs for them. lol I'm not a very patient person but I've been doing ok so far. I'm sure it will be a different story as soon as we finally get to file the waiver.

Yeah Misty, I've been reading some of your post on immigrate2us. I kind of snickered when I was reading about your packing expieriences. The sweeper and the plastic bags was a pretty good idea. lol

You will be so excited when you finally get on that plane to come home. I'm sure you will be beaming from head to toe.

Have a great day,

Baileyj

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Mary, I'm really hoping you and Tom hear something soon. We'll be getting into March tomorrow, and it's getting a little ridiculous, to say the least, for both of you.

My only guess is that Tom's situation, from what you've told me, is pretty unique, and I do imagine it's probably a fairly difficult case to adjudicate. Not that I think they haven't had plenty time to ruminate about it already. ;)

Please know that I'm thinking of you both and hoping you hear something soon.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

((((hugs)))) to Mary and Tom. I really hope you hear from them soon so that you can start to enjoy your lives together. And yes, London house prices are so ridiculous! Fingers crossed for you (L)

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, everybody, I guess I've been quiet because really, what do I have to say? I'm just sitting here waiting, trying to plan a wedding and a life, wondering if it's ever going to happen! So today Caspian gets a call from the embassy -- three weeks mind you from the time we sent our application back! -- to tell him that they need a letter from me saying that the main hardship letter is mine and I'm aware of the circumstances for him needing a waiver -- as if after two years together and blood, sweat, and tears poured into this letter, I wouldn't know!!@! Sort of defies logic. However, the really good thing was, the guy who he talked to let me email it to him today and he said he would submit immediately. So, I guess we're being "put into the system" tomorrow officially. Guess we're not getting married in June, are we?

We were also wondering about the G325a and so he asked the guy and the guy said, no, I've just taken them from your 129-F petition and made a copy! Which, in my opinion, is what they should have done for you, Paul, in the first place! You know why it is so frustrating? It's because it seems like they just keep moving the goalpost, you know? We all have heard slightly different information from different employees there and it makes it very confusing!

Mary, my heart goes out to you. This process is like nothing else, huh? Hang in there. You will hear something and it will be good news! Maybe in a couple months when you and Tom are setting up house in Michigan and I'm losing heart, you'll be telling me the same thing, huh? :D Anyway, take care of yourself.

Tiff

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone! I have been quiet as well because it is just frustrating! I have been trying to stay off this website so it doesn't stress me out so much! Today is 11 weeks since they put us in the system! Ahhh! I just keep wondering if I should move back our wedding date or will he be here. Everyone is in my prays!

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

Hi,

Everyone...soz but had problems with PC this last wk...its a bloody pain...i think i need a upgrade but really don't want to spend anymore cash on this thing now.. :no: .

Im so sorry that you guys have not been sorted out yet...this is so crazy ..what 10/11/12 wks man...this is so bloody cruel to you guys..if i could is pick up the phone and speak to the top dog there at London cas something is come to a stop there. :whistle: ...i really dont know what the problem is.. :whistle:

It really got to be very soon surely...just when you all about to give up and Bingo....just the way it works out...cas ive been there and so as misty.. :yes:

Please guys/dolls...dont give up hope...i bet there just sitting there already Approved and just waiting on some asswipe to call you up.....when is that i wish i knew but they will soon...they got to... :yes:

Lets hope and pray we get news here really really soon... :yes:

Paul....leave it a bit mate....i mean dont bother with a e/mail now as they want let ya know jack yet...leave it a few wks...then hassle them again.... :yes::thumbs:

Best wishes ...im thinking of you guys and coming on this sucky PC with a hope that someone on here has been Approved...COME ON LONDON! WHATS THE BLOODY PROBLEM?.... :whistle:

Nigel... ;)

Edited by nigel

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I reckons the problem is that for some reason London is dealing with applications from 7 countries! I don't know when that happened. I'd like to know what the exact procedure is for processing. Anything the keeps families apart for 15 (additional) weeks needs more resources putting on it.

Jurisdiction for adjudicating the I-601 Application

The London Sub-office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has jurisdiction for adjudicating I-601 applications submitted by Consular Officers at Embassies from the following countries: (1) United Kingdom; (2) Republic of Ireland; (3) Iceland; (4) Sweden; (5) Norway; (6) Denmark; and (7) Finland.

Processing Times

Upon receipt of the I-601, USCIS will send a postcard to the applicant confirming when the I-601 was filed with the USCIS London Sub-office. The estimated processing time for adjudicating the I-601 application at the London Sub-office is currently 12-15 weeks from the date of receipt. We ask that you please refrain from contacting this office for status checks while your application is pending. Your cooperation will help us ensure that we maintain our exceptional processing times.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/uscis/ivwaiver.html

July 2003 - Met online

Oct 2004 - Finally met in person ~ engaged

Nov 2004 - I-29 sent

Jan 2005 - Rejected. Wouldn't accept digital photgraphs as proof!!

Apr 14 05 - Married in Roslyn Scotland

Apr 29 05 - I-130 sent

Mar 10 05- I-130 NOA1

Jul 10 05- I-129f sent

Jul 28 05 - I-129f NOA1

Oct 27 05 - K3 Packet 3 received

Nov 11 05 - Packet 3 sent

Dec 12 05 - Packet 4 received

Jan 05 06 - K3 Interview London - rejected I-601 applied

Jan 13 06 - I-601 filed

March 25 06 - Odd letter arrives from Homeland Security granting the application...

March 31 06 - Email confirmation of approval! 11 weeks. Yippeeeee.....

April 03 06 - SMS pick passport up from home.

April 12 06 - SMS nearly deliver visa.

Some of the waivers from Denmark and Sweden I was told as of last December were going to Moscow as well. They closed the DHS office in Copenhagen that had jurisdiction.

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.