485 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi

Another touch today for both petitions.

2/12/2008 I-130 & 129F mailed together to CSC

2/19/2008 NOA1 recieved for I-130

2/23/2008 NOA1 recved for I-129F

3/14/2008 I-129F touched due to request to fix the Typographical error. Recieved an email that they will fix the error during adjucting the case.

5/12/2008 Both I-129F and I-130 are touched.

5/13/2008 Both I-129F and I-130 are touched.

5/14/2008 Both I-129F and I-130 are touched

Thanks

Venkat

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow thats 5 approvals for our month now.... all of them are k-3! Congrats again to you all!

hopefully they'll start on us CR-1/IR-1's soon!!!

*i am also makin sure to update the first post for our group with each approval :)

My Timeline

USCIS

11/23/2007 - Married in Venezuela

02/07/08 - I-130 Sent

02/09/08 - recieved in Chicago at 10:09pm by R Mercedo

02/21/08 - I-130 NOA1

02/25/08 - Case Entered Online

06/13/08 - Case Approved

NVC

Case Recieved at NVC - 6/24/08

Case Number assigned - 6/24/08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill - 6/30/08

Paid AOS - 07/03/08

AOS Bill Accepted - 07/04/08

Sent DS-3032 (usps) - 07/12/08

Sent I-864 - 7/12/08

NVC Recieved AOS & DS3032 - 07/14/08

IV Bill Paid - 07/17/08

DS-230 Sent - 07/26/08

DS-230 Entered Into System - 07/29/08

Case Complete - 08/06/2008

VISA APPROVED- 09/04/2008

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

WAY TO GO, FEBRUARY FILERS!!!! Congratulations to all those approved! And hang in there for those with close dates!!! I see that all of us have been approved on both petitons the same day.. so, how are you guys going next? Everybody K3?

Our K-3 timeline

- jan. 12 2008 - Wedding

- feb. 11 2008 - sent I-130 to Chicago lockbox

- march 06 2008 - sent I-129F to CSC

- may 06 - APPROVED

- jun 12 - medical and interview passed! Visa in the passport!!!

- jun 24 - entry in US through Chicago

AOS

- jul 16 2008 - AOS + EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

- jul 28 - NOAs for AOS and EAD

- aug 6 - Bio letter

- aug 11 - RFE e-mail (I-864)

- aug 19 - Biometrics done (they scanned my little fingers maybe 20 times because fingerprints were not clear enough :P )

Thank you God! Just a few more steps..

.png .png

Timeline

Yesterday my papers left NVC for the embassy in Bucharest, Romania :dance:

I also got the case # from NVC and it starts with BCH **********

How are you guys doing?

Our K-3 timeline

- jan. 12 2008 - Wedding

- may 06 - APPROVED

AOS

- aug 6 - Bio letter

- aug 19 - Biometrics done (they scanned my little fingers maybe 20 times because fingerprints were not clear enough :P )

.png .png

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

My I-129F & I-130 were approved and sent on May 9, 2008 but, still haven't received the NOA 2 hard copy as of today.

Ralu&Doru,

My questions was how did you find out that your file was received by the NVC and it had left the embassy. And how did you get the case# from NVC.

Did you get an e-mail or did you call the NVC?

Regarding the going K3 or CR-1.

Don't you have to go the K3 route? I thought the CR-1 file just sits at NVC until you file for the adjustment of status after your spouse gets in the U.S.

At least thats what I thought.

Jigs

Timeline
Hi,

My I-129F & I-130 were approved and sent on May 9, 2008 but, still haven't received the NOA 2 hard copy as of today.

Ralu&Doru,

My questions was how did you find out that your file was received by the NVC and it had left the embassy. And how did you get the case# from NVC.

Did you get an e-mail or did you call the NVC?

Regarding the going K3 or CR-1.

Don't you have to go the K3 route? I thought the CR-1 file just sits at NVC until you file for the adjustment of status after your spouse gets in the U.S.

At least thats what I thought.

Jigs

Hey Jigs! For NVC info I called (my husband actually) and they gave us case# and they also said our petition was sent to the embassy yesterday. So now it's just a matter of waiting for the embassy envelope that I (the beneficiary) will receive.

About K3/CR1 there have been cases in which I130 was sent forward, but only exceptions. K3 ususally goes to the embassy.

So keep me posted about that NOA2 of yours!

All the best of luck!

Our K-3 timeline

- jan. 12 2008 - Wedding

- may 06 - APPROVED

AOS

- aug 6 - Bio letter

.png .png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Congratulations to the newly approved!! I bet you're over the moon.

For everyone else, is anyone planning a trip to see their significant others any time soon?

Ralu&Doru - have you figured out yet what the average time between your embassy receiving the papers from NVC and the interview date is?

.png

Picture1.png

.png.png

nikki-2-1.jpg

Timeline

Vernon, on VJ the aproximate time from embassy receiving papers to interview is 15 days in Bucharest, Romania, but I'd say closer to 1 month. I'm calling on Monday to try and get some info about it. Anyway I'm trying to think what's next. I guess I just have to wait for the wonderful envelope.

How are mother and soon-to-be-born baby feeling?

Our K-3 timeline

- jan. 12 2008 - Wedding

- may 06 - APPROVED

AOS

- aug 6 - Bio letter

.png .png

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Received hard copy of I-129F & I-130 approval yesterday.

Ralu&Doru

I'm reading the I-130 approval letters and its states

"The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that the peson for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. He or she should contact the local USCIS office to obtain Form I-485, Application for Permanet Residence. A copy of this notice should be submitted with the appliation."

"If the person for whom you are petitioning decides to apply for a visa outside the United States based on this petition, the petitioner should file Form I-824, Application fo Action on an Approved Application or Petition, whith this office to request that we send the petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC)."

"The NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that require consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition tot that consulate."

Did you get letter similar to this, correct?

#1) In which case it is saying my wife is in the United States or I need to apply I-485 after she gets in the United States.

#2) It it also saying if I want to apply for I-130 at this time, I should contact NVC and let them know and I should file I-824 to forward the file to embassy in foreign country.

Is this what you understand to be?

Jigs

Timeline

Ralu&Doru - I guess that's the smarter way to do things, plan for a longer wait and then when it comes sooner it won't seem so bad. Your embassy send packet 3 to you? We have to pick up the packet from ours and if you don't live near it (like me I live 5 hours away) you have to have it picked up by courier. Once you have submitted packet 3, they will mail you packet 4 and give you an interview date. I don't know if South Africa is just more stuck up than other places or what but it seems to be even more hoops to jump through.

We're doing fine thanks! I can't believe she's almost here and that I'm going to see Cody within a couple weeks. It breaks my heart that he's going to have 15 days with his daughter and then not see her again till who knows when. Hopefully we'll get some good news soon and be able to go home but right now we're just hoping to be together for Christmas.

Are you guys planning on seeing each other before the big move to the states or you just going to wait?

.png

Picture1.png

.png.png

nikki-2-1.jpg

Timeline

Okay so I tried to edit my post but for some reason it said I didn't have permission to edit my own post **shrugs shoulders**

Apparently, Cody and I haven't been totally forgotten because our I-130 application was touched today. So maybe FINALLY we'll see our NOA1 from our I-129F sometime soon or maybe even some better news!!

.png

Picture1.png

.png.png

nikki-2-1.jpg

Timeline
Hi,

Received hard copy of I-129F & I-130 approval yesterday.

Ralu&Doru

I'm reading the I-130 approval letters and its states

"The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that the peson for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. He or she should contact the local USCIS office to obtain Form I-485, Application for Permanet Residence. A copy of this notice should be submitted with the appliation."

"If the person for whom you are petitioning decides to apply for a visa outside the United States based on this petition, the petitioner should file Form I-824, Application fo Action on an Approved Application or Petition, whith this office to request that we send the petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC)."

"The NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that require consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition tot that consulate."

Did you get letter similar to this, correct?

#1) In which case it is saying my wife is in the United States or I need to apply I-485 after she gets in the United States.

#2) It it also saying if I want to apply for I-130 at this time, I should contact NVC and let them know and I should file I-824 to forward the file to embassy in foreign country.

Is this what you understand to be?

Jigs

Hey there. Jigs!

Yeah, I got the same thing! Looks like it is indeed a standard formula they are using...

for your first question ( which put my lawyer in difficulty I don't know why :wacko: ) because most of K3 filers go through adjustment of status after the arrive to the US, I 130 will be used for that purpose. After your spouse comes to US you can start AOS and yes I think by Form I-485.

If however at this point you choose to change to IR1/CR1 you can request USCIS (where you've been processed) to send I-130 to NVC by filing Form I-824.

My husband just sent me the NVC letter scan. Apparently I will be receiving Packet 3 soon. On Monday I'm gonna try and call the embassy and find out more.

Good luck everyone! Keep us posted :)

Our K-3 timeline

- jan. 12 2008 - Wedding

- may 06 - APPROVED

AOS

- aug 6 - Bio letter

.png .png

Timeline
Okay so I tried to edit my post but for some reason it said I didn't have permission to edit my own post **shrugs shoulders**

Apparently, Cody and I haven't been totally forgotten because our I-130 application was touched today. So maybe FINALLY we'll see our NOA1 from our I-129F sometime soon or maybe even some better news!!

Fingers crossed for you especially! Your situation is heartbreaking and nervewrecking but God help us, we'll all be fine soon! Give us some good news these days! I've seen many K3 approved from CSC lately and your turn is coming!

I have almost everything ready so bring it ooonnn embassy!!! I'm ready for my visa now!

Romania is said to be quite ok and fast when it comes to the embassy process. Yet I hope I won't be disappointed... I'm gonna try and get an appointment ASAP and be with my husband... I haven't seen him for 4 months and most probably I won't see him until the BIG move :)

Enjoy your time with Cody and Nikole. I wish you all the best! Kisses

Our K-3 timeline

- jan. 12 2008 - Wedding

- may 06 - APPROVED

AOS

- aug 6 - Bio letter

.png .png

Timeline
Fingers crossed for you especially! Your situation is heartbreaking and nervewrecking but God help us, we'll all be fine soon! Give us some good news these days! I've seen many K3 approved from CSC lately and your turn is coming!

I have almost everything ready so bring it ooonnn embassy!!! I'm ready for my visa now!

Romania is said to be quite ok and fast when it comes to the embassy process. Yet I hope I won't be disappointed... I'm gonna try and get an appointment ASAP and be with my husband... I haven't seen him for 4 months and most probably I won't see him until the BIG move :)

Thank you Ralu&Doru you have no idea how much this meant to me!

Apparently, it went straight from your mouth / post to God's ears because I got an email today from the USCIS that our I-130 application has been approved as of May 16! We're so excited about the news as I'm sure most of you were too when you heard.

I'm not exactly sure what happens from here on because our case is going forward with the I-130 and who knows what happened to the I-129F.

Guess I better start doing some research and see what our next steps are.

.png

Picture1.png

.png.png

nikki-2-1.jpg

Thank you Ralu&Doru you have no idea how much this meant to me!

Apparently, it went straight from your mouth / post to God's ears because I got an email today from the USCIS that our I-130 application has been approved as of May 16! We're so excited about the news as I'm sure most of you were too when you heard.

I'm not exactly sure what happens from here on because our case is going forward with the I-130 and who knows what happened to the I-129F.

Guess I better start doing some research and see what our next steps are.

OMG HILKKA!! CONGRATS HONEY!!! This is Wonderful to hear!!! omg yeahhhhh :)

My Timeline

USCIS

11/23/2007 - Married in Venezuela

02/07/08 - I-130 Sent

02/09/08 - recieved in Chicago at 10:09pm by R Mercedo

02/21/08 - I-130 NOA1

02/25/08 - Case Entered Online

06/13/08 - Case Approved

NVC

Case Recieved at NVC - 6/24/08

Case Number assigned - 6/24/08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill - 6/30/08

Paid AOS - 07/03/08

AOS Bill Accepted - 07/04/08

Sent DS-3032 (usps) - 07/12/08

Sent I-864 - 7/12/08

NVC Recieved AOS & DS3032 - 07/14/08

IV Bill Paid - 07/17/08

DS-230 Sent - 07/26/08

DS-230 Entered Into System - 07/29/08

Case Complete - 08/06/2008

VISA APPROVED- 09/04/2008

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.