SpiritAlight

Moving in a month...Change of Address nightmare??

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
after you file ar-11 online it asks you if you have pending cases... if you do select yes and follow from there... I changed mine and never mailed anything in.. except the 865 for my wife...

LOL.

If I had a pending case, you can bet your ####### I would be letting any office connected with that case of my address change.

How hard is it to mail off a couple of other letters?

Dear LaL,

You are so great.

I love your over-zealousness...and who could blame you?!

You can never help USCIS get things right enough.

Ha!

Dear John & Marlene,

Thanks for this idea.

Maybe losing a few more weeks is not the end of the world.

The only thing I would love to get as quickly as possible is my "advanced parole" (man, I hate those terms...as if I am a criminal, ha!) in order to visit family and friends in Canada whenever I feel like it. To be free, you know??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe I may have found a fantabulous apartment in town for us TODAY!! :D

Yippeee...me sweetie has a house in the burbs of Chi-town and we are both wanting to move to the heart of it.

So I may have my new address before I know it.

The house will be put for sale and so mail for the next few months (???) we will be getting...although it would be best to get it in our new home so that there won;t be any time delay for news and such.

Do I need to let USCIS and anyone else about the new address concerning anything to do with the finalized K1 process?

I don't believe they will be mailing us anything anymore...only anything concerning my yet -to-be-mailed AOS package.

What about the SSN people?

My card/number is coming this week (I hope; I applied on Jan. 31st).

Thanks again for all of your help.

:star: :star: :star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.