delbertjohnson

Waiting on the CO to review Doc. verification.

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

just want to get everyone an update on our visa. According to Delbros International and verification from Ms. Grace at the USEM, on February 1, our document verification was completed and delivered to the embassy. As of today we are awaiting the CO to review the document verification from the NSO. How hard is it to look at a registered document or letter stating that the documents provided for this review are authentic. We had our interview on January 9th and to date it has been 23 working days since our interview. I know there are some still waiting on this review also as we have grouped together for support and there have been others on and after our interview date that have got there visa, some within 2 days. I want to say congrats to those members and give you all well wishes but don't leave us one's that are being left behind so to speak. We could use your support and advice. Me or Mercy are in constant contact with the embassy on the process and God knows we have been patient. We just can't wait to get that joyous phone call or word that our visa is approved and is in printing. I hope and pray that at least she is here with me by Valentines Day weekend. That would be one of the most beautiful blessings of this long and dredging process of the USCIS and the USEM.

Again, we continue to be very patient and hope for good news from the USEM this week.

God Bless and thank all of you for your support.

Jim and Mercy :innocent:

I guess this document verification is something new, we didn't have to deal with it two years ago. I hope the issue is resolved quickly. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
I guess this document verification is something new, we didn't have to deal with it two years ago. I hope the issue is resolved quickly. Good luck :thumbs:

yuh it's just started november 2007

thanks

Timeline

They have some fraud going on over there. I married woman my wife used to work with got a new birth certificate in a different name and just got her K-1 VISA. I'm not surprized they're looking at documents a little closer, but I guess the verification doesn't work that great anyway. The fiance doesn't know about the husband. I think she told him she was married before but her husband is dead.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

thanks

My fiance is leaving next Sunday for her interview in Rio De Jainero. Is this something that they are doing in all countries? What documents are they verifying?

Thanks

hk in FWTX

K1 VISA

May 23, 2007 - I-129F mailed to NSC

June 05, 2007 - I-129F recevied at NSC

June 07,2007 - Check Cashed

June 13, 2007 - Touched

September 18, 2007 - Touched

September 19, 2007 - Touched

September 21, 2007 - NOA 1 Hard Copy by mail

October 25 - Aproved!!! NOA2 sent by mail

October 29 - NOA 2 Hard Copy rcvd by mail

November 28 - Letter from NVC, advising that is sending case to Brazil in 1 week

February 2008- enterview in RJ

March 12, 2008 - arrived in US

April 26, 2008 - Marriage

AOS

July 18, 2008 - Sent AOS documents

July 29 - Money Orders cashed

August 1, 2008 - Notification of Action from USCIS

August 21, 2008 - Biometrics

October 14, 2008 - Work Authorization Card in the mail

January 17, 2009 - RFE

January 30, 2009 - Sent Documents Requested on RFE

February 04, 2009 - Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed

February 06,2009 - Card production ordered

February 10, 2009 - Approval Notice sent by mail!

thanks

My fiance is leaving next Sunday for her interview in Rio De Jainero. Is this something that they are doing in all countries? What documents are they verifying?

Thanks

hk in FWTX

from what i know its just the US Embassy in Manila that requires the document verification. better check your local embassy website for confirmation. Goodluck on your fiance's interview.

mikeandlani

our Visa Journey

09.01.06 - Filed I130 to VSC

05.21.07 - NOA2

06.19.07 - NVC receives Petition

11.23.07 - CASE COMPLETE

01.30.08 - USEM Interview

02.02.08 - CR1 Visa Received

03.03.08 - Entered US through Detroit International

03.27.08 - Received 2yr Conditional Resident Card

04.01.08 - Filed for my SSN at the local SSA office

04.05.08 - SSN received by mail

05.03.08 - Finally got my Driver's License

lifting conditions....

I-I-751

12.07.09 - Sent I-751 to VSC by express mail

12.08.09 - I-751 delivered to VSC per USPS tracking :-)

12.09.09 - NOA1 date (Checked cashed :-D)

12.14.09 - Received NOA1

12.18.09 - ASC Appointment Notice Date

12.26.09 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

12.31.09 - Early Biometrics

01.14.10 - Biometrics Schedule

02.26.10 - Email update --Card Production ordered

03.02.10 - Email update --Approval Notice sent

03.06.10 - Approval Notice Received

03.08.10 - Card Received

Naturalization

I-N400

09.09.11 - Sent N400 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

09.23.11 - Received 1-797 by mail

11.17.11 - Biometrics Schedule

01.25.12 - Received Interview and Exam Notice by mail

02.28.12 - Interview schedule

03.28.12 - Oath Ceremony

What is this document verification, and what documents do they have to verify. I Don't recall seeing anything about it in the Sheriff's Manila Embassy guide.

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
What is this document verification, and what documents do they have to verify. I Don't recall seeing anything about it in the Sheriff's Manila Embassy guide.

Just another process before the applicant's interview. here's the link http://www.usembassy.gov/manila/wwwfdelb.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope you'll be over with the process soon and get your visa! Stay positive.

AOS TIMELINE:

02.25.2008 Mailed AOS packet

03.04.2008 Check cashed

03.03.2008 NOA dates for I-485, EAD, AP

03.05.2008 Biometrics Appointment notice date

03.19.2008 Biometrics Appointment

03.22.2008 RFE for missing (2) I-864 pages :(

03.24.2008 RFE mailed back

03.31.2008 RFE received and case processing resumed

04.28.2008 AP approval notice (dated 04.25.08)

04.30.2008 EAD approved

05.02.2008 Received AP in mail

05.05.2008 Received EAD in mail

07.10.2008 Received Interview letter

08.15.2008 Interview: Approved

08.26.2008 Green Card received

Timeline
Hello everyone,

just want to get everyone an update on our visa. According to Delbros International and verification from Ms. Grace at the USEM, on February 1, our document verification was completed and delivered to the embassy. As of today we are awaiting the CO to review the document verification from the NSO. How hard is it to look at a registered document or letter stating that the documents provided for this review are authentic. We had our interview on January 9th and to date it has been 23 working days since our interview. I know there are some still waiting on this review also as we have grouped together for support and there have been others on and after our interview date that have got there visa, some within 2 days. I want to say congrats to those members and give you all well wishes but don't leave us one's that are being left behind so to speak. We could use your support and advice. Me or Mercy are in constant contact with the embassy on the process and God knows we have been patient. We just can't wait to get that joyous phone call or word that our visa is approved and is in printing. I hope and pray that at least she is here with me by Valentines Day weekend. That would be one of the most beautiful blessings of this long and dredging process of the USCIS and the USEM.

Again, we continue to be very patient and hope for good news from the USEM this week.

God Bless and thank all of you for your support.

Jim and Mercy :innocent:

I know how you feel...

I was approved last feb6 and was also approved for a visa pick-up but until now, the embassy had yet to call me...A lot of the Feb interviewees who had their interviews later than i did have their visas delivered to them already...And now I'm wondering why there's a hold up with mine...Although my waiting time is still shorter than yours, this is still a concern for both me and my fiance who has been calling the US embassy non-stop to expedite the release of my visa...The embassy had been telling him that verification of documents are being done and we should just wait for the embassy's call for visa pick up when it is ready...But the thing is i paid the document verification last December so that it wont delay my visa and i was wondering why someone i know who just paid her document verification a week before her interview got her visa, 3 days after her interview this feb...I just don't understand how their process work... :innocent::innocent::whistle::whistle::crying:

Edited by honeybear

08/24/06 - we met thru his cousin who was my co-worker

04/18/07 - my honey asked me to marry him and i said yes! we're ENGAGED!

05/28/07 - my honey sent the petition to USCIS

06/08/07 - USCIS recieved (on-line)

09/25/07 - hard copy of NOA1 received thru mail

10/15/07 - process for the petition was taking long so he decided to go back to the PI

10/22/07 - NOA2 approved (on-line)

11/08/07 - honey had to leave me again to go back to hawaii

12/10/07 - i was assigned an interview date (2/7/08) and PE date (1/30/07)

01/02/08 - Received PACKET 4!!!!!!

01/04/08 - 1st Day Early Medical at SLEC

01/07/08 - 2nd Day Early Medical at SLEC - PASSED!!!

01/30/08 - Scheduled Medical accdg to packet

02/06/08 - Interview at the USEM 7:30AM - APPROVED!!!!

02/12/08 - US Embassy called for visa pick-up

02/14/08 - Visa on hand YEY!!!!WOHOOOO!!!!!

02/16/08 - 3:30pm Flight to HNL, Hawaii

02/21/08 - Civil Wedding

AOS

4/20/08 - Received SSN

4/23/08 - NOA

4/25/08- ASC Appointment Notice

5/22/08 - Biometrics in HNL

7/30/08 - Interview (APPROVED)

8/11/08 - Green Card Received

thanks

Something else to slow every thing down :angry:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I know the ones that responded to this forum and have asked questions, here are some answers. First and foremost, if you paid the 650 pesos for the requested document verification well in advance of your interview, it really doesn't seem to help you any as Mercy paid for hers on Dec. 11th, almost a full month before our interview. I think this is where the system is screwed up and if these people had a brain, they would stop and think: "Hey, since this couple has paid for their document verification two weeks prior to the interview, let's make a request from the NSO so that when it comes time for the interview, we will have the documents verified and the case and it's progress can move forward or be denied due to fraud or not enough supportive evidence. Hmmmmm, figured that out on my frontal lobe people. Just venting and trying to joke at the same time but it only makes since right? They know well in advance of what the interview schedules are cause we get them well in advance too. And as far as the random selection of the cases they want to review, pull it out of the hat two weeks in advance. To answer your questions on what documents they verify here they are. NBI clearance, Police clearance, Cenomar (Certificate of no Marriage, Annualment Decisions if previously married, and of course the birth certificate.) Mercy got her documents from the NSO and had them authenticated at the DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) but it still did not help us to avoid this document verification. Honeybear, I hope you hear something soon. Stay on the phone with the embassy and I would call Ms. Allen at Delbros International and correlate your documents verification with her between the USEM and the NSO. Her number is 011-63-2-339-2761 I believe. At least that is the number my Mercy gave me. If anyone has any further questions I will help out as much as I can. Let's just keep each other in prayer and God will see us through this mess.

God Bless all of you,,,

Jim and Mercy

hi,

im waiting also my visa, i have fears that i can wait longer time also. bec. of my birth certificate that there is a change of name or correction of entry. but i have provided to the prescreener my finality of the court order. in your case the birth certificate is there any changes or correction? my friend also had that case correction of entry, but her visa delivered within 6 days here in cebu city, her interview last Jan 3, 2008. she is now in u.s.a. after my interview i thought that everything is okay, but when i read some post here in VJ, i felt nervous.

franksonb

glitterfy-flpbk0117583890023634.gif

Timeline
Hello everyone,

I know the ones that responded to this forum and have asked questions, here are some answers. First and foremost, if you paid the 650 pesos for the requested document verification well in advance of your interview, it really doesn't seem to help you any as Mercy paid for hers on Dec. 11th, almost a full month before our interview. I think this is where the system is screwed up and if these people had a brain, they would stop and think: "Hey, since this couple has paid for their document verification two weeks prior to the interview, let's make a request from the NSO so that when it comes time for the interview, we will have the documents verified and the case and it's progress can move forward or be denied due to fraud or not enough supportive evidence. Hmmmmm, figured that out on my frontal lobe people. Just venting and trying to joke at the same time but it only makes since right? They know well in advance of what the interview schedules are cause we get them well in advance too. And as far as the random selection of the cases they want to review, pull it out of the hat two weeks in advance. To answer your questions on what documents they verify here they are. NBI clearance, Police clearance, Cenomar (Certificate of no Marriage, Annualment Decisions if previously married, and of course the birth certificate.) Mercy got her documents from the NSO and had them authenticated at the DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) but it still did not help us to avoid this document verification. Honeybear, I hope you hear something soon. Stay on the phone with the embassy and I would call Ms. Allen at Delbros International and correlate your documents verification with her between the USEM and the NSO. Her number is 011-63-2-339-2761 I believe. At least that is the number my Mercy gave me. If anyone has any further questions I will help out as much as I can. Let's just keep each other in prayer and God will see us through this mess.

God Bless all of you,,,

Jim and Mercy

Hi Jim!

I got the Good News today...The US embassy called me at 3pm that my visa is ready for pick-up on thursday, Feb 14....Actually, My fiance has been calling them non-stop since my interview to follow-up on the release of my visa...Thanks to Ms Grace of US Embassy hotline 301-2000 loc. 5184-5185 who has been very helpful and accomodating to my fiance...She was kind enough to look for my file since apparently it was lost in a pile of documents. After she found my file, she asked my fiance to call her again the next day afternoon for the update...and rightfully so...the next day when my fiance called the hotline (Sofia was on the line not Ms Grace this time) my visa was ready to be picked-up!

At least all that hours of Overseas call bills isnt in vain, shux!!!

Good luck to you Jim, Call them everyday...and ask them nicely to find your file...Persistence is the key! Actually, the first few times that my fiance called the hotline, they said that document verification was still being done but same as u, i paid the doc. verif. more than a month before my interview which he pointed out to the hotline operators....so the operators tried to find my file and had it processed...I hope the same for you and your fiancee! Goodluck!!

08/24/06 - we met thru his cousin who was my co-worker

04/18/07 - my honey asked me to marry him and i said yes! we're ENGAGED!

05/28/07 - my honey sent the petition to USCIS

06/08/07 - USCIS recieved (on-line)

09/25/07 - hard copy of NOA1 received thru mail

10/15/07 - process for the petition was taking long so he decided to go back to the PI

10/22/07 - NOA2 approved (on-line)

11/08/07 - honey had to leave me again to go back to hawaii

12/10/07 - i was assigned an interview date (2/7/08) and PE date (1/30/07)

01/02/08 - Received PACKET 4!!!!!!

01/04/08 - 1st Day Early Medical at SLEC

01/07/08 - 2nd Day Early Medical at SLEC - PASSED!!!

01/30/08 - Scheduled Medical accdg to packet

02/06/08 - Interview at the USEM 7:30AM - APPROVED!!!!

02/12/08 - US Embassy called for visa pick-up

02/14/08 - Visa on hand YEY!!!!WOHOOOO!!!!!

02/16/08 - 3:30pm Flight to HNL, Hawaii

02/21/08 - Civil Wedding

AOS

4/20/08 - Received SSN

4/23/08 - NOA

4/25/08- ASC Appointment Notice

5/22/08 - Biometrics in HNL

7/30/08 - Interview (APPROVED)

8/11/08 - Green Card Received

delbertjohnson, I am sorry to hear you are in AR hell.

As for the document verification I agree with your point of view. Why does the USEM website say to pay two weeks before interview to avert possible delay? Why have you text DELBROS to verify payment if verification is not done ahead of time? Why is the USEM asking many applicants to pay the 650 PHP a second time after interview?

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.