Nani

VJs from Tunisia: Translation and Medical Exam

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My fiancé is going through the same visa process with the U.S. consular post in Tunis as some of you do and in anticipation of receiving packet 3, we are looking for clarification on a couple of steps for Tunisian VJs.

• Does the U.S. consulate in Tunis require translation of Birth Certificate, Police Certificate, Medical Records, etc.? The documents are all in French. I saw the list of sworn translators on the Embassy Web site... If such translation is needed, would you have a recommendation to make as well as any idea of the fee range?

For the medical exam, what are the Embassy’s instructions for scheduling the lab work and X-rays prior to the physician’s visit? Any idea of the timeframe needed to get the results back? Also are the vaccinations listed on the "Fiche Medicale Scolaire" sufficient (I am assuming that all Tunisian students get the same type of immunizations when in school)?

Any lights you can shed on these two topics for VJs from Tunisia are much appreciated.

Nani

129F complete

AOS & EAD complete

Lifting GC conditions complete

Citizenship complete

Passport in hands - End of our Visa Journey!

I dealt with the consulate next door (Casa) so Im a little out of my depth on this one, but I can point you in the right direction. Come on over to MENA http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=97 and you should be able to find others who have been through this consulate.

Good luck and we're glad to have you :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Thanks Yassmine2878 for the info. I appreciate your response. My best wishes of health to Baby Mehdi and parents.

Nani

129F complete

AOS & EAD complete

Lifting GC conditions complete

Citizenship complete

Passport in hands - End of our Visa Journey!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

I am late on this post and I don't know what help it would be, but we used a translator in Tunis, on Rue de Grece, Mohsen Behdi- he's just behind the train station there, Barcelona, very easy to find from either the train station or avenue habib bourgourbia. Jihed and I translated everything as soon as we got married... his birth certificate, bulletin number 3, our marriage certificate, and I think there was another paper, that has slipped my memory now. We've never had to translate them again, just did it that one time. I'm not sure though because we are doing CR 1 and not K 3, if there is any difference. I sent the translations as well as arabic and french copies with my original I 130 petition and again with the DS 302 information ..

My fiancé is going through the same visa process with the U.S. consular post in Tunis as some of you do and in anticipation of receiving packet 3, we are looking for clarification on a couple of steps for Tunisian VJs.
  • Does the U.S. consulate in Tunis require translation of Birth Certificate, Police Certificate, Medical Records, etc.? The documents are all in French. I saw the list of sworn translators on the Embassy Web site... If such translation is needed, would you have a recommendation to make as well as any idea of the fee range?

For the medical exam, what are the Embassy’s instructions for scheduling the lab work and X-rays prior to the physician’s visit? Any idea of the timeframe needed to get the results back? Also are the vaccinations listed on the "Fiche Medicale Scolaire" sufficient (I am assuming that all Tunisian students get the same type of immunizations when in school)?

Any lights you can shed on these two topics for VJs from Tunisia are much appreciated.

Nani

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.