~Laura and Nick~

Honeymoon suggestions

57 posts in this topic

tough if you are nice and contribute to my sainthood campaign, I could perhaps arrange for a special honeymoon performance by the "Whodunnit Divas" currently housed with Paul Bernardo @ Kingston penitentiary: rumour has it they are divine. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sounds tantalizing.

Maybe Paul will dance with me.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
good luck on that road trip. someday we'll drive/train across both of our countries, must graduate and get real job.

by the way "sofa king retard"??? what the hell is that?

It's the nice way to say a really bad cuss word. hehe

say it out loud..maybe you'll hear it! :)

In 8th grade, someone passed me a note that said "read this out loud"..of course gullible me did..

the note said:

i am sofa king we todd did.

The same person told me to ask the teacher what "69" meant. She knew, but obviously wanted me to ask in front of the class. I'll never forget that!! Mrs. Flanary said, "I'll let your parents explain to you what that is."

Timeline
crazy kids (esp. Len and Mumsie)

We got married in Truth or Consequences, NM then went and camped at White Sands and Carlsbad Caverns. I only had a few days off from school so we couldn't really do much more than that. Someday we may take a real honeymoon

and yes we got married in T or C so that would be on our marriage cert. cause it's funny

NM is a beautiful state. Not the part near Las Cruces with all the cattle, unless you like the smell of methane. :lol: Carlsbad Caverns is beautiful, especially the bat flight. Nothing like starting off your marriage by being pooped on by flying rodents. :lol: Prepares you for a life with the inlaws. :lol:

Yeah..maybe one day my husband and I can go on a honeymoon (after 15 months of marriage)!!! After we were married (when we were sofa king retarded), we thought yah..let's just drive to Texas from B.C. for our honeymoon. They won't care if you are married without paperwork at the border!! We were going to take the scenic route...go down the Oregon Coast...then the redwood forest, then VEGAS, then the grand canyon and then home to Texas.

Let's just say THAT never happened. It's kinda funny these days talking about how stupid we were. Luckily our hotels were refundable. My husband got fabulous advice (yeah right) from his hockey buddies who came down south after they were married to stay. Except they left out one key ingredient, DON'T DRIVE DOWN TOGETHER!!!

Oh well..

hindsight is 20/20, hey?

Too bad it really sounded wonderful. :crying: Sofa king retarded? That's a bit harsh. To paraphrase Shakespeare, "the fault, dear lady, lies not in our stars but in the Sofa king retards at the border." :thumbs: Here's some more Shakespeare, from that play that won't end, Bush the Second, "he has come to open the purple testament of bleeding stupidity." :angry:

LOL... love the paraphrasing.

Oh well..I have like 3 months off this summer..maybe we can do the trip then :o ) WITH A GREEN CARD!!

Really hoping this is going to come true. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Really not sure if it is going to come true..

I could very well be making the 36 hour road trip to B.C. BY MYSELF if the interview doesn't go well!! Then Canada probably won't let me in since I'll be driving from TX. They probably have access to U.S. computers and will be able to see if my husband was denied. They can only assume that I'm moving up there! As you can tell..I'm very negative about immigration..hehe

My husband and I will be living in Europe before it's all said and done! :o

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
good luck on that road trip. someday we'll drive/train across both of our countries, must graduate and get real job.

In 8th grade, someone passed me a note that said "read this out loud"..of course gullible me did..

the note said:

The same person told me to ask the teacher what "69" meant. She knew, but obviously wanted me to ask in front of the class. I'll never forget that!! Mrs. Flanary said, "I'll let your parents explain to you what that is."

Must be from Boston, wicked pisser. :lol: "69" refers to the New York Metropolitans baseball club and their miraculous performance in 1969. :lol: What else could it mean? :innocent:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

the note said:

Must be from Boston, wicked pisser. :lol: "69" refers to the New York Metropolitans baseball club and their miraculous performance in 1969. :lol: What else could it mean? :innocent:

:lol: you are sofa king hilarious..seriously.

i loved the angel at the end...hehehe

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

our honey moon.. is good ol' vegas lol

k-1

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays tongue.png)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Medical Exam: 2008-01-24

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11---APPROVEDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry : 2008-02-20

Church Marriage : 2008-05-03

POE @ Edmonton International Airport: 2008-02-20

Courthouse marriage: 2008-02-26

ROC

ROC Filed with CSC: 2010-04-13

NOA1 recieved in mail dated: 2010-04-15

Biometrics Appointment: 2010-05-17

Approval Notice: 2010-08-03

Card Received: 2010-08-13

N-400:

N-400 sent 2013-12-02

NOA:|12/09/13|

BIOMETRICS:|12/27/13|

IN-LINE for INTERVIEW 12/31/13

Timeline

ok, missionary kid from WY, I'm sofa king behind the times

I'm not a big fan of Jackson hole. there's lots of great places in WY and MT that I could recommend if you're wanting a mountain honeymoon. not as fake or as expensive as Jackson Hole

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

the note said:

Too funny :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

We had 3 mini honeymoons :devil: plus the real thing.

Let's see, the first mini honeymoon, we went to Vail for 2-3 days. It was nice to see the mountains + the little towns have a Europeen feel to it. Was great to see!

Our second one, was at the Hilton hotel next to the Montreal Airport! LOL I know what a honeymoon huh ? Well it was nice despite the location. We ordered room service(and omg we were broke after :lol: ) which was really fun, and went to the Montreal Old Port the next day for a stroll :)

Our third one was part of our actual honeymoon time, but not at our final destination. We decided to take a road trip from San Francisco to Seattle(where we have a couple of friends). The drive was absolutely stunning. I was amazed the whole way having never seen the pacific or a real part of ocean.. unless you want to count the St-Laurence river and what piece of sea you can see from New York City. It was in October so the leaves were changing colors. It was really a beautiful trip and it was fun to stop nowhere planned to sleep and eat.

We drove back from Seattle to San Fran, and took a plane to Hawaii, where we spent 10 days at a timeshare my hubby's parents have. It was breathtaking and I don't think anything compares to waking up in your sweeties arms to the sound of waves crashing and nothing else. We were on Kauai Island. We went shopping, we went snorkeling, we went swimming, etc. It was really something I'll remember forever and would do all over again!

191tx8.jpg

214tu6.jpg

236qf2.jpg

Hope this is helpful some ;)

Married! 03/19/2007

I-130 Process

10/30/2007 : APPROVED!!!! (in 190 days)

I-129f Process

10/30/2007 : APPROVED!!!! (in 151 days)

02/08/2008 : Interview (Approved!)

02/18/2008 : Visa in Hand :D

02/26/2008 : Moved to Colorado

I-751 Lifting of Conditions

06/01/2010 : Completed packet for I-751

06/04/2010 : Mailed packet via UPS

06/07/2010 : Receipt for I-751

08/18/2010 : Biometrics appointment

08/20/2010 : Approved

02/09/2011 : Contacted congressman due to non-receipt of card

03/28/2011 : Card received!

Timeline

Hi to all Canucks

Lisa and I were married in July 2007. We currently live in south Georgia.

For our honeymoon we decide to drive to Key West. We followed the west coast of Florida, through St. Petersburg etc. We turned a sharp left and headed across the Everglades National park coming out near Miami. The drive from Key Largo to Key West took about 2 hours. Since we were driving in my topless Jeep Wrangler the sites were incredibly beautiful. We arrived in Key West after dark. We spent the days at Key West exploring and one evening took a sunset cruise and snorkel dive. That we highly recommend. The boat took us out around 7:00, we snorkel on a reef for a couple of hours then sat out on the sail boat sipping champagne and watching a glorious sunset. We definatelty want to go and spend more time there as there is lots more to see. (I was dissapointed with my first margarita. I found it tasted like swamp water with a hint of lime!) We spent 3 night in the Keys (we also recommend The Heron House Inn) and drove back up along the east coast of Florida, driving through Miami and all those other coast cities. We spent a night at Coco Beach, hung around Kennedy Space Center then up to Daytona for another night. After Daytona we headed inland, back to Georgia.

All in all it was a wonderful drive. We stayed off the main interstate as much as possible and drove along the sub-highways. More sights to see that way.

After spending part of my life along the east coast of Canada and trying to swim in the frigid north atlantic, it is a wonderful treat to be able to jump in the ocean without the cold numbing pain attributed to swims up north.

There is nothing more romantic than a sunset on a beach or out on the water.

That's the reader's digest version of our honeymoon. Head to Key West. YOU"LL LOVE IT!

Marc

Filed: Timeline
Thanks everyone :)

We like camping, we love nature and art.

Not too into the beach (I love it but Nick's not a huge fan) I don't mind not going to the beach this time ;)

We enjoy sightseeing.

I think a secluded, intimate place would be so awesome.

This looks amazing.... Wilderness Lodge in Alaska.

And so does The Redwoods in Yosemite.

iagree.gif

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Africa
Timeline

The Mariott or the Radison in the Sand Key area of Clearwater Beach Florida....It is right outside Tampa, you fly in and out of Tampa and the price is pretty cheap....Clearwater Beach is a beautiful white sand beach, that many people do not know about...my family has been going there for 25 years now and we love it....if you get sick of the beach....Bush Gardens in Tampa is right there and Disney is about 1 1/2 hour drive....we always rent a car at Tampa airport and always get a good price....a good travel search sit is www.Kayak.com it seaches thur many sites, and it is free to join...good luck!!!!!

Terry

Hey gang!!!!

I hope you are all are enjoying a quiet Tuesday (well it's quiet by me anyway)

I'm wondering if people have some suggestions on where Nick and I should take our honeymoon? :luv:

Of course, it has to be inside the U.S.

What do you think?

If you have pictures of a place you've stayed, a review or suggestion, I would appreciate it!!!!

Thanks guys!!!!

~Laura :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.