James

Old TSC cases transferred to VSC

1,810 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
ANYWAY . . . would somebody stalk A_C so we get the word as soon as she is approved? She's also actually the only one outside the posted VSC processing time.

Wow, did I reach such a celebrity status that I am being stalked now :help:

Well, unfortunately no news from my side, last touch was still Feb 25. I am thinking about calling in, but then again I am not past the "30 days" to really be outside the processing window (I assume I should use VCS times now). And also I had heard from them during the last 60 days. So I think I will spare myself the useless call and wait a little longer. I AM starting to get a bit worried though because I am running out of time end of April. Does anyone know what I am supposed to do?? Will I be considered 'illegal' ?? :whistle: I have a job and would like to be able to travel, so I need sth to have in hands to show my legal status.

Thanks for any info and I'll keep you posted if I finally get some news, no worries ;)

Yes, A_C we're all looking in your direction. If you have time (and who has that these days) it would not hurt to call USCIS. You can always plead ignorance about checking the case status online, in which case you are past 30 days from the time you received the paper letter indicating transfer to Vermont.

As far as legality you would have to schedule an INFOPASS appt. at your local USICS field office and bring as much evidence to the appt. (USCIS notices, air tickets, letter from work stating your need for travel, or even evidence that your parents reside overseas, and that on a whim you will have to travel if there is a family emergency). Once that evidence is seen (should they need to see it) they should stamp in your passport an I-551 stamp good for a year.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One prediction about how many TSC cases are now in Vermont.

Let's assume that the posters on this message board (and on James's master list) are representing 1% of USCIS applicants. (I think its a lot more, but lets take 1%).

Then would it be reasonable to assume that there are 100 times the applications pending for our category (just TSC transfers to VSC)? Any thoughts?

That seems like a lot - the only thing I can take solace in is that we are acquiring the needed time (36 months if married to a US citizen) for applying for US citizenship....and dealing with the USCIS....again!!!

Let's assume that the posters on this message board (and on James's master list) are representing 1% of USCIS applicants. (I think its a lot more, but lets take 1%).

Then would it be reasonable to assume that there are 100 times the applications pending for our category (just TSC transfers to VSC)? Any thoughts?

That seems like a lot - the only thing I can take solace in is that we are acquiring the needed time (36 months if married to a US citizen) for applying for US citizenship....and dealing with the USCIS....again!!!

So if there are around 20 transferees from TSC to VSC on this board, are you suggesting there are 2000 total transferees? In my view, this is an exaggerated figure. To prove this, just try changing the last one or two digits of your 10-digit case number. I did it and I only found 1 other case that was filed on the same date as me. So if they received two cases per day between February and June, that's 300 cases that were transferred from TSC to VSC. That sounds a little more reasonable I would say. What's unreasonable is why they can't figgin' handle those cases in a timely manner.

Edited by burs

So if there are around 20 transferees from TSC to VSC on this board, are you suggesting there are 2000 total transferees? In my view, this is an exaggerated figure. To prove this, just try changing the last one or two digits of your 10-digit case number. I did it and I only found 1 other case that was filed on the same date as me. So if they received two cases per day between February and June, that's 300 cases that were transferred from TSC to VSC. That sounds a little more reasonable I would say. What's unreasonable is why they can't figgin' handle those cases in a timely manner.

Burs,

I hope you are right. And yes, I can't see what's taking them so long. Anyone else care to chime in?

I would estimate that there are about 500 to 1000 transferees. Just my personal guess. What takes them so long? They treat us like al other TSc transfer case files. That means we stand in line for 6 months! They seem to ignore (intentionally or due to system isues) the year we already waited!

I would estimate that there are about 500 to 1000 transferees. Just my personal guess. What takes them so long? They treat us like al other TSc transfer case files. That means we stand in line for 6 months! They seem to ignore (intentionally or due to system isues) the year we already waited!

I highly doubt that we are put on an equal footing with folks who filed directly with VSC in February 08. Putting us at the back of the line is consequential for USCIS in terms of increased senator inquiries and possibility of law suits. I still think that we are not too far from getting the "card production ordered" message. I used to process applications for credit for a major corporation. It was an after-college-type-gig. My desk and the desks of other analysts were piled with applications. Whenever an analyst required help with processing his load, I would take some of his applications (that were filed before mine) and start processing them. However, I would never give them full priority over my own, but I would never dare to stick them on the bottom of my pile. I would think USCIS has a similar approach. My guess - one to two weeks from now we will forget the webaddress of this forum because we will be done.

Edited by burs

That would be great but why has nothing happened in a month? Not a single person has been touched since last month. I am simply afraid the system treats us like TSC-VSC transfers without distinguishing between current TSC files and the old ones. That "system error" would lead to at least 3 months of trouble until we can inquire... anybody else got any opinion on this...?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm making an educated guess that there are roughly 12,000 TSC-VSC Loser® transferees, give or take.

According to the proposed rule it published in connection with the fee increases last year, CIS said that it received 143,000 I-751 petitions in FY2006 and estimated about the same for FY 2007-08. Divide that figure evenly among the four service centers (I have no other way of doing so) and you get 35,750. The TSC-VSC transferees consisted of petitions filed during a four month period from roughly mid-February 2007 to mid-June 2007. Four months is a third of a year. So if you divide 35,750 by three, you get 11,916.

You'll also note that CIS estimates that the actual time a service center spends to complete the review of an individual petition is about 45 minutes.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/ProposedRule.pdf

(See p. 65-66 for the figures on the number of petitions received and p. 78 for the figure on completion rates.)

Meh

I kind of agree with baunzerbrudi. Not a touch in 2 weeks, after many touches. Even though my wife filed in March 2007, what concerns me is that there has be no action with Jan. 2007 filers. So if we assume that the Jan 2007 filers start being seen, say tomorrow, it would still take two months (in my estimate) before March 2007 filers heard anything.

What would help if anybody knew, maybe through 6 degrees of separation, *anyone that worked at the VSC.*

1. What's the culture like?

2. Do they take half-days or days off to go skiing in winter in Stowe?

3. Do they take half-days or days off to go boating on Lake Champlain?

4. Do they talk half-days or days off to eat Ben N Jerry's ice cream (a VT original)?

Or more importantly:

5. How many officers adjudicate on I-751s? One, two , three?

6. How many TSC to VSC transfers are they, and at what rate are they being processed?

Well, I just got off the phone with USCIS :wacko: I told them I'm outside the processing window and havent heard anything and dont know what is going :whistle: Surprisingly, the girl didnt try to argue that I was still within their window (like it was during last calls), but took all my information and put in another service request, including notes that my extension is about to expire and that I had no response for my previous service request (which is not quite true, but I considered the answers useless so that equals "havent received information" for me :innocent: ).

Now it's the usual ... in 30 to 45 days I should receive a response to my service request, bla bla. Asked her what I am supposed to do if GC expires before I hear anything --> go to local office and get a stamp for another year. Good thing it's 'only' an hour away and an IKEA opened up there today, so I can at least get some use out of the trip.

I didnt bother asking any other questions of what is going on, since by now I KNOW they dont know anything ... My only hope is that, maybe, but only maybe, they will have to go look for the file to fulfill the service request and then will just throw it on top of the piles on sb's desk, instead of putting it back in the bottomless box :devil:

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything new.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I kind of agree with baunzerbrudi. Not a touch in 2 weeks, after many touches. Even though my wife filed in March 2007, what concerns me is that there has be no action with Jan. 2007 filers. So if we assume that the Jan 2007 filers start being seen, say tomorrow, it would still take two months (in my estimate) before March 2007 filers heard anything.

What would help if anybody knew, maybe through 6 degrees of separation, *anyone that worked at the VSC.*

1. What's the culture like?

2. Do they take half-days or days off to go skiing in winter in Stowe?

3. Do they take half-days or days off to go boating on Lake Champlain?

4. Do they talk half-days or days off to eat Ben N Jerry's ice cream (a VT original)?

Or more importantly:

5. How many officers adjudicate on I-751s? One, two , three?

6. How many TSC to VSC transfers are they, and at what rate are they being processed?

Considering they are in St. Albans, they probably would go skiing at Jay Peak, not Stowe. ;)

When I go to Vermont in a few weeks to visit some family, I'll have to find out where in USCIS my step-uncle's daughter is working. She has been shuffled around to various places. I know they sent her to the Tampa office a while ago to help with their backlog. I think she is back in Vermont, last I heard.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline

I meant to mention, in adding to what I posted above, I think I read somewhere that there are 16 adjudicators assigned to process I-751s. At 45 minutes a petition, and with each adjudicator working 40 hour weeks, 853 petitions would be processed in a single week. That means it would take them 14 weeks (or about 3 months and a week) to go through all 12,000 of the transferred petitions.

My only question is: when are they going to start? Because if A_C went to the top of the pile, or even near it, and they started right in on us two weeks ago when we were "finalized" in the system, you would think she would have heard something by now.

Meh

Thanks James for the update on the stats - your math makes perfect sense. I knew it was not unreasonable to estimate that there were thousands of TSC transfers at the VSC.

And the $64,000 question is, what's happening? Why hasn't A_C head anything?

At least with A_C's enquiry yesterday, maybe they'll realise where the TSC transfer pile is and start working on them....

Timeline
Thanks James for the update on the stats - your math makes perfect sense. I knew it was not unreasonable to estimate that there were thousands of TSC transfers at the VSC.

And the $64,000 question is, what's happening? Why hasn't A_C head anything?

At least with A_C's enquiry yesterday, maybe they'll realise where the TSC transfer pile is and start working on them....

Maybe she forgot to tell them she is the Queen of the TSC-VSC Losers® -- la Reina, die Königin!

Meh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.