Guy&Hoa

Submitted Blue slip documents today...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello all,

My fiancee submitted all the documents requested by the US Consulate today from our Blue slip last week. It was a stressful week, getting all documents together and having the responses reviewed by my attorney and her attorney at IOM in HCMC. I feel better now, and I hope I don't have to wait too long for a response. Did any of you other couples that had to supply additional documentation for a blue slip, what was the typical wait time for your responses?

Appreciate any comments...

This is what they asked for and what I sent:

They asked for proof of my former spouse current address. I was able to have my former spouse draft and sign a document that she lives in another home. She also notarized it.

They asked for general information about my ex_spouse which I had already provided them, when I originally sent all the paperwork to USCIS last year. I went ahead and gave them duplicate information. (If it helps my case, I won't complain)

I provided them with (2) sworn statements regarding how we first met and how we communicate, which I alluded to in my earlier postings last week.

I feel confident in what I submitted and our attorneys didn't have to modify or delete any sentences. I hope for success.

-Guy&Hoa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello all,

My fiancee submitted all the documents requested by the US Consulate today from our Blue slip last week. It was a stressful week, getting all documents together and having the responses reviewed by my attorney and her attorney at IOM in HCMC. I feel better now, and I hope I don't have to wait too long for a response. Did any of you other couples that had to supply additional documentation for a blue slip, what was the typical wait time for your responses?

Appreciate any comments...

This is what they asked for and what I sent:

They asked for proof of my former spouse current address. I was able to have my former spouse draft and sign a document that she lives in another home. She also notarized it.

They asked for general information about my ex_spouse which I had already provided them, when I originally sent all the paperwork to USCIS last year. I went ahead and gave them duplicate information. (If it helps my case, I won't complain)

I provided them with (2) sworn statements regarding how we first met and how we communicate, which I alluded to in my earlier postings last week.

I feel confident in what I submitted and our attorneys didn't have to modify or delete any sentences. I hope for success.

-Guy&Hoa

Good Luck to you both I think you have it under control with IOM on your side Guy. You just have to wait . Let us know . Were excited for you it coming up very soon she will be here with you buddy.

Edited by Eric and An Thuy

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The best of luck! Thi and I hope you get a postive answer quickly!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Good luck Guy. From what I have seen with other cases posted on here it appears that a month or so is the wait time. Thanks for posting about the I.O.M.. I didn't know about them. How have they assisted you so far and have they been helpful?

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

Timeline

Hi WAITUSA,

Thanks for the reply, the average wait time seems to be about a month, I agree.

The IOM has been very helpful to my fiancee, I found them to be good for a "gut-check" or as a quick second opinion with all paperwork and advice. The female lawyer assisting my fiancee has been honest, helpful and nice.

R/

-Guy&Hoa

Good luck Guy. From what I have seen with other cases posted on here it appears that a month or so is the wait time. Thanks for posting about the I.O.M.. I didn't know about them. How have they assisted you so far and have they been helpful?

Hi Guy,

Glad to see you've returned the requested info promptly. We're all wishing for the approval for the both of you. Please keep us inform and good luck! :thumbs:

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

Timeline

My question is, whose goddamn business is it where your ex-wife lives? Why do they care? You've got a divorce, and that's that. Sorry, that hits a little close to home, as I still rent a room from my ex-wife (we get along much better now that we are not married). I am now furiously trying to find a suitable place to live now that our case is moving along finally. I sure hope that personal BS doesn't affect us. Good luck with your case.

Timeline

Hi Melrose,

I agree with you 100%. That is supposed to be in the past. When I spoke with Marc Ellis on the phone, he said that being divorced and living with ex-spouse raises red-flags with them and they will definitely probe further and they will ask for further documentation. My case, my ex spouse and I continued to live together although in separate rooms for a few months after divorce because we had to sell our house. We were able to sell and I found my own place after that, but as you can see, the US consulate still wanted to make sure that my ex-spouse and me live separately.

Good luck to you also and I wish the best for you and yours.

-Guy&Hoa

My question is, whose goddamn business is it where your ex-wife lives? Why do they care? You've got a divorce, and that's that. Sorry, that hits a little close to home, as I still rent a room from my ex-wife (we get along much better now that we are not married). I am now furiously trying to find a suitable place to live now that our case is moving along finally. I sure hope that personal BS doesn't affect us. Good luck with your case.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well, I should have paid more attention to this post from the beginning. This issue is coming back to bite me in the butt, it looks like. I too talked to Marc Ellis, and his exact words were, "Houston, we have a problem." 99% of the time, this living in the same house with the ex-wife business will result in automatic denial.

So now, I've got to find a new place yesterday, and get all my ####### changed sooner than possible. He's talking like year-long delays, although he says we will eventually win. But maybe we will get lucky, if I submit some evidence in advance, such as a letter from the ex-wife, checks proving I paid her rent, etc. Plus, my parents, my sister and her husband travelled to Vietnam with me at great trouble at expense to attend our engagement ceremony. She is 38 (about my age), and is fairly well-to-do for Vietnam. How could the CO even imagine it is a sham engagement? I just can't wrap my brain around that.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi Melrose,

I agree with you 100%. That is supposed to be in the past. When I spoke with Marc Ellis on the phone, he said that being divorced and living with ex-spouse raises red-flags with them and they will definitely probe further and they will ask for further documentation. My case, my ex spouse and I continued to live together although in separate rooms for a few months after divorce because we had to sell our house. We were able to sell and I found my own place after that, but as you can see, the US consulate still wanted to make sure that my ex-spouse and me live separately.

OK, I am confused.... how does the consulate know you live with your ex-spouse in the first place? Where is that information on any of the preliminary paperwork? Does it ask somewhere for a current address of your former spouse and what if you don't know?! I just don't understand how they can know something like that without being told.... can you enlighten me as to how they found this out or did you offer this info? Thanks so much!

Linda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.