Koong and John

Interview Scheduling Bangkok

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Can someone please clarify how the interview appointments are scheduled at the Bangkok Consulate? It is not clear to me if the Bangkok Consulate must FIRST receive the Packet 3 information from my fiance before they will schedule the interview, or if they schedule the date of the interview independent of her response. We are trying to time the issuance of the visa (to be valid through November 2008), and I'm wondering if turning in the Packet 3 information closer to the expiration date of the approved I-129F will ensure a later date for the visa issuance. I realize that most people rush to get the visa as soon as possible, but our situation is a little different. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Can someone please clarify how the interview appointments are scheduled at the Bangkok Consulate? It is not clear to me if the Bangkok Consulate must FIRST receive the Packet 3 information from my fiance before they will schedule the interview, or if they schedule the date of the interview independent of her response. We are trying to time the issuance of the visa (to be valid through November 2008), and I'm wondering if turning in the Packet 3 information closer to the expiration date of the approved I-129F will ensure a later date for the visa issuance. I realize that most people rush to get the visa as soon as possible, but our situation is a little different. Any thoughts? Thanks!

The interview is set only after the packet is recieved by Embassy. They must have the basic items from the packet to proceed.

They will extend the expiration date of the petition if needed.

During the process of getting our interview date in late January they sent email saying they would not be doing any interviews during Febuary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

In the P-3; the instruction asked for required documents; if you and your SO can meet those requirements within that time frame...then you must mail the instruction along with DS 230 part I (Unsigned), 2 passport size photos, copy of beneficiary passport back to embassy. Once they'd received your P-3; they will send your SO P-4 which includes the interview date. Like Ricker said; they don't do interview in Feb. If you look at my timeline, you will see our date is set for 12 March. Good Luck! :thumbs:

Edited by ThaiStyleUSA

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.