✿Ice Rain✿

CAN WE CANCEL THE K3 APPLICATION SENT JAN. 15,2008?HOW?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI EVERYONE,

CAN WE CANCEL THE K3 APPLICATION THAT WE 'VE SENT JAN.15, 2008, AND STICK TO OUR IR-130 PETITION SENT ON SEPT. 24, 2007, IF IT IS POSSIBLE THAT WE CAN CANCEL THE K3, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW WE WILL DO THAT? THANKS SO MUCH GUYS..... :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I have seen many attempt to cancel the I-129f, only to find out that USCIS cancels the entire petition I-130 too.

Once USCIS links the two petitions, there is no canceling one without canceling the other.

The decision to do or not to do K-3 needs to be made before sending in the I-129F

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think it would be best to contact USCIS and ask about this.

The reason is, the "official" way to have them continue processing your I-130 would be to file an I-860 form.

Then, in theory they process both your K3 and your I-130.

Only catch to this is you have to pay more money for the I-860, and I have heard it takes months for them to process it.

By the time they process your I-860, your K3 will be well on its way, and you probably wont want to wait on the I-130.

Rumor has it, that USCIS is dropping all K3 applications and only forwarding the I-130s ANYWAY.

This is a very strange rumor, because it would mean the government is basically taking your K3 money, and then not doing your K3 .. I find it hard to believe.

So.. I don't think this will help you.

My honest opinion is that the whole process is so confusing, both for us, and for the people who work in USCIS, anything out of the ordinary you do will probably delay your case.

If it was me, I'd just go ahead with whatever you have done, and hope for the best.

It may cost you some money for AOS after your wife is here, but she will be with you.

If you confuse those people processing your paper work, you could be alone for a LONG time..

Just my opinion :)

After all, truthfully the AOS fee is about 1 round trip airfare to see your wife, right?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The reason is, the "official" way to have them continue processing your I-130 would be to file an I-860 form.

Only catch to this is you have to pay more money for the I-860, and I have heard it takes months for them to process it.

By the time they process your I-860, your K3 will be well on its way, and you probably wont want to wait on the I-130.

Rumor has it, that USCIS is dropping all K3 applications and only forwarding the I-130s ANYWAY.

This is a very strange rumor, because it would mean the government is basically taking your K3 money, and then not doing your K3 .. I find it hard to believe.

My honest opinion is that the whole process is so confusing, both for us, and for the people who work in USCIS, anything out of the ordinary you do will probably delay your case.

If it was me, I'd just go ahead with whatever you have done, and hope for the best.

It may cost you some money for AOS after your wife is here, but she will be with you.

If you confuse those people processing your paper work, you could be alone for a LONG time..

After all, truthfully the AOS fee is about 1 round trip airfare to see your wife, right?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE ADVISE..

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE ADVISE...

I have seen many attempt to cancel the I-129f, only to find out that USCIS cancels the entire petition I-130 too.

Once USCIS links the two petitions, there is no canceling one without canceling the other.

The decision to do or not to do K-3 needs to be made before sending in the I-129F

THANKS FOR THE INFO.. :yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

NOT I-860, the form is I-824 (Action on approved petition)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's not a rumor. USCIS had been cacelling K3s. This is what they did to my applications.

They paired my 130 and 129F petitions. But instead of approving both, they approved my 130 only and cancelled my 129F on the same day.

As far as taking K3 money... There is no fee for K3 starting mid-2007.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.