chuck911

AOS interview in Seattle

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Been away a while and aside from Doudis don't see a lot of familiar people. That's good I guess: people come, find help, succeed and move on. About the success part, or my way of helping:

Our AOS interview in Seattle was last Thursday. Unlike all other visits to this USCIS office they didn't waste our time. Interview was for 1:30, they called her name at 1:32.

We brought all requested documents but the CO already had a file with everything in it and only asked to see a couple things- ID, medical, new tax returns, proof of living together, etc. He phrased it somewhat different but under proof of living together when he saw joint bank account his expression said that's all I need. Of everything we brought he spent the most time looking at photo's of us together. We brought maybe a dozen, everything from trips to eating in restaurants to just sitting around at home. A regular photo essay of connubial bliss! :lol: Anyway, he seemed to enjoy it. The rest of his job must be rather boring...

There was one thing we were a bit worried about- I am unemployed. Was laid off in a big corporate merger and decided to go back to school and change careers. This happened even before going to Russia. While I had researched all the requirements and knew I should be okay within the statutes, still you hear all kinds of stuff on these message boards that can make you worry. "They look VERY CLOSELY at the pay stubs." That kind of thing can worry you when you have no fricken pay stubs at all!!!

So here is my main advice to anyone worried about anything: DO NOT worry about other people's opinions here. Even the ones that seem very experienced and knowledgeable, they are only giving their opinion or point of view. Only thing you need to worry about is the relevant law or rule. Find that and if you are okay by that then don't worry, because that is what they must follow.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, the Affidavit of Support part of the interview. When the CO asked where I work and I said "student" he said oh yeah, but you have money. Technically my tax return shows income just above the minimums. And as I said before, technically (the law) is what they look at. Hardly batting an eye he moved on to the next subject, vaccinations, which frankly he seemed MUCH more concerned about than income. I think this is because he had already familiarized himself with my financial situation and was comfortable before we even came in, but he had no idea what immunizations she had until he saw the medical docs. But that's just my opinion! :lol:

Through the whole process we gave short, direct yet pleasant answers. That is one bit of good advice I got, keep your answers short and to the point. It protects you and helps speed the interview along. Because these guys do have a lot of these to do! On the way out I commented to him how nice and quick it was, starting on time and all. He said yes they give him 30 min per interview! Well that is almost exactly how long it took, as we were out of there by 2pm!

Oh yeah, just before the end he said he will approve the application, and explained about filing the I-751 for permanent green card. We had some questions about that. So really, the actuall interview part of the interview was only about 20 minutes!

Cheers!

9-24-04 Met on-line

10-29-04 Met in Moscow

2-7-05 NOA1

4-7-05 NOA2

5-3-05 forwarded to Moscow

6-1-05 Elya receives Packet

8-25-05 Interview- visa approved

8-29-05 Visa received

9-1-05 Flies Aeroflot to Seattle

10-22-05 Married!

10-29-05 Sent I-485

2-28-06 Fingerprinting

4-20-06 Interview- AOS approved

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats! Thanks for the details as we should be having our AOS in a few months and info like this makes the stress less.

K1

07-18-05 NOA1

08-06-05 NOA2

11-02-05 Petition arrives NVC, lost 85 Days after NOA2!

02-15-06 Interview Moscow (Visa approved)

02-20-06 Visa received

02-27-06 Arrives USA - POE Dallas

AOS

04-03-06 NOA1

04-17-06 Biometrics

07-20-06 Success!

LIFE

03-04-06 Married!

02-07-07 Our daughter is born!

08-01-07 Inlaws visit for 26 days.

06-03-09 Our Son is born!

09-20-09 Mother in-law for 2.5 months.

Remove Conditions

05-13-08 NOA1

06-12-08 Biometrics

04-08-09 Success!

Naturalization

04-23-09 Mailed N400

04-29-09 NOA1

05-20-09 Biometrics

07-22-09 Interview Success!

09-23-09 Oath

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

congrats to you both, I live in Tacoma, where abouts do you all live !!!

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations!! Thanks for the report.

February 3, 2005. Applied for K-1.

July 14, 2005. Email to NVC congressional unit

Nov 2, 2005. Letter to congressman

Nov 8, 2005. Letter from congressman

December 19, 2005. Visa interview in Moscow. (250 days at NVC)

January 27, 2006. POE: JFK.

April 8, 2006. Wedding in USA.

April 19, 2006. Apply for AOS.

July 12, 2006. AOS Interview.

February 26, 2008. Letter to congresswoman.

March 19, 2008. Conditional Permanent residence began!!

2009: Wake up and get on the uscis train again - lifting conditions

Dec 21, 2009. Eligible to apply to remove conditions

February 2010: 10-yr Green Card Received

thanks chuck! congrads on AOS!

nice to hear from familiar people indeed. i remember how you've tried to cool down my optimism about 3-4 months K-1 processing time when i first appeared here (you were kinda right it took 4.5 months he he)...

anyways, good luck with your field change!

AOS

02-14-06 I-485 mailed

03-06-06 NOA1 (thank you express registered US mail, two weeks must be a record of some sort!)

03-23-06 Biometrics

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
congrats to you both, I live in Tacoma, where abouts do you all live !!!

We live on Rose Hill in Redmond.

9-24-04 Met on-line

10-29-04 Met in Moscow

2-7-05 NOA1

4-7-05 NOA2

5-3-05 forwarded to Moscow

6-1-05 Elya receives Packet

8-25-05 Interview- visa approved

8-29-05 Visa received

9-1-05 Flies Aeroflot to Seattle

10-22-05 Married!

10-29-05 Sent I-485

2-28-06 Fingerprinting

4-20-06 Interview- AOS approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.