simplygem

How many luggage for petite filipina leaving PI???

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

:help::help::help:

Hi to all VJ members. I'm a little bit confused coz while I was canvassing for luggage bags yesterday I was told (by the salesman) that a total of only 2 bags are allowed in PAL. One hand carry and one check-in luggage OR I can check-in both of those (2) bags if I want to. I rechecked in the website of PAL and in my own opinion I can have the following: (kindly correct me if I am wrong )

2pieces check-in luggage (each piece not exceeding 23 kilograms),

1 carry-on baggage (not exceeding 7kgs),

1 laptop with case (that I will carry on board)

1 small handbag with camera, passport and wallet (I will carry on board)so all in all I can have

5 bags without excess baggage charge if I meet the requirements below

For tickets issued on or after 01 July 2008, the following Free Baggage Allowance shall apply:For Journeys to/from the USA, Canada and Guam (Piece System)

Mabuhay (Business) Class

Maximum of two (2) pieces with a total dimension of 124 inches (316cms) and no piece exceeding 62 inches (158 cms). Each piece should not exceed 23 kilograms (50 lbs)

Fiesta (Economy) ClassMaximum of two (2) pieces with a total dimension 107 inches (273 cms) and no piece exceeding 62 inches (158 cms). Each piece should not exceed 23 kilograms (50 lbs)

Handcarried Baggage

Each passenger is allowed to carry one piece of carry-on luggage small enough to be placed in the overhead rack or under the passenger seat of the aircraft cabin.The carry-on luggage must be within the following specifications :

size (length+width+height) shall not exceed 45 in. or 115 cm.

weighing not more than 7 kgs. or 15 lbs.

If carry-on luggage fails to comply with the required applicable dimensions and weight, carry-on luggage will be checked in and charged with the corresponding excess baggage charges (if applicable).

In addition of the free carry-on luggage allowance, a passenger is allowed to carry the following items onboard:

a laptop with case

a small handbag

a coat

wrap or blanket

a walking stick or a pair of crutches

a small camera or a pair of binoculars

a reasonable amount of reading materials

infant's food and carrying basket [/u]

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks and God bless.

:help::help::help:

Im sorry to ask this but Im just curious, How many pieces of bags/luggage are needed by a petite filipina who will be migrating to US or other country? Im sure you wont leave the country without your bare essentials like shoes, clothes and others because you will have difficulty finding your size like a size 4 or 5 heeled shoes (like mine :blush: ) . And also , is locally made, hardside luggage a good choice? Have a blessed day/night to all vj members :)

si

mplygem

Gem, maybe you can check to see how much to ship the items so that they are here when u arrive.. it maybe less this way .. maybe dhl...

My wife, fiance at the time, brought three huge bags and had to pay almost $200 extra. I thought that was a lot but you should see what she has collected in the past three years :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For NWA international flights, they allow 2 checked luggage and 2 carry ons. Each luggage weighing more than 50 lbs will be charged $50 each but it shouldnt exceed 70 lbs).

For domestic flights in Ph, limit is 15 kilos :/.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
Im sorry to ask this but Im just curious, How many pieces of bags/luggage are needed by a petite filipina who will be migrating to US or other country? Im sure you wont leave the country without your bare essentials like shoes, clothes and others because you will have difficulty finding your size like a size 4 or 5 heeled shoes (like mine :blush: ) . And also , is locally made, hardside luggage a good choice? Have a blessed day/night to all vj members :)

simplygem

I would advise not to bring a lot of clothes when going to the US.. It will be painful for you if you have connecting flights.. Bring some of the important things you have, as you will not NOT BE ABLE to use some of your clothes when you come to the US as the weather will change to WINTER.. Bring only some shoes that you are comfortable with, and you think that you can always use, and some decent clothes that you can wear in a formal occassion.. DO NOT OVERPACK..to avoid paying..

1 luggage and 1 carry on is enough..

If you are a practical type of person, clothes is easy to wash and dry in the US, as they have dryer.. You can just put clothes in the washer and in just a matter of 30 min - 1 hr your clothes will be dry and ready to wear..

It is not hard to find a size for PETIT in the US, you can either buy online or in shops in OLDNAVY, AEROPOSTALE, MACY, JC PENNEY.. etc, just look for teenage section..

Malls in the US has SALE MADNESS as in every year before THANKSGIVING..They have 50%-75% OFF.

Kapag asa USA kna before you realize it, you already have a lot of clothes and shoes in the closet..

You will be fine.

Edited by Completely
jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.