♥Sora_9_Dam3a♥

Civil Engineers in US--or any Engineers =)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello all!!

i hope all's going well for everyone!! It's time to begin looking for jobs for my husband now.... :wacko: :wacko:

We had his Bachelor's degree evaluated a few months ago and thank God, alhamdulillah, his BS in Civil Engineering from Zagazig University in Egypt is equivalent to the BS in the united states...this means that he can easily be accepted to a Master's program here [...right after taking the TOEFL exam]...

...but will he be able to get a position that won't make him feel like he just came out of college???

he has a few years experience and he was promoted to site manager and later project manager pretty quickly, masha Allah...so he's used to being the one in charge, sort of...I really hope it's not too hard on him here :unsure:

does anyone here have any experience in this area?? i know i read somewhere that about 55% of the engineers in America are foreign--so, I'm sure it won't be so difficult [insha Allah]--but is there anything that I should look out for...any tips, advice, etc... :help:

oh, by the way, I'm looking for jobs in or around New York City...

..anyyyyy help will truly be appreciated!!..

wish everyone all the best with everyyyyyyything!!!!! (L) (L) (L)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am the wrong kind of engineer but this may be a help

certification for foreign architects

Or you need to find something like this

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well I asked Ruben and Blancha about this last night. They are my next door neighbors and they come from Mexico. Ruben is finishing his Masters in Electrical Engineering this semester. He has one credit to go. He said he had no problem getting into a masters program and even had several years work experience already and guess what they are moving to Seattle! He got a job offer there and his wife was accepted to school there so he is going to finish his masters by correspondence he says. I am so happy for them! His degree is from Mexico so he says your Husband has a pretty good chance things will go smoothly like he's transition did!

hello all!!

i hope all's going well for everyone!! It's time to begin looking for jobs for my husband now.... :wacko: :wacko:

We had his Bachelor's degree evaluated a few months ago and thank God, alhamdulillah, his BS in Civil Engineering from Zagazig University in Egypt is equivalent to the BS in the united states...this means that he can easily be accepted to a Master's program here [...right after taking the TOEFL exam]...

...but will he be able to get a position that won't make him feel like he just came out of college???

he has a few years experience and he was promoted to site manager and later project manager pretty quickly, masha Allah...so he's used to being the one in charge, sort of...I really hope it's not too hard on him here :unsure:

does anyone here have any experience in this area?? i know i read somewhere that about 55% of the engineers in America are foreign--so, I'm sure it won't be so difficult [insha Allah]--but is there anything that I should look out for...any tips, advice, etc... :help:

oh, by the way, I'm looking for jobs in or around New York City...

..anyyyyy help will truly be appreciated!!..

wish everyone all the best with everyyyyyyything!!!!! (L) (L) (L)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

wow...thanks sooo much!! i really really reallyyyyy appreciate your help!! :)

"Sylvia_n_Joseph"--thanks for the site, i'll start checking out the licensure info for new york..

Olivia--thanks for finding out for me, it really means a lot!!

thank you sooooooooooo much!! :)

(L)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry about the short reply earlier I was in a bit of a rush. What is important for any foreign degreed person is a certification of the foreign degree. American employers have been burned by people showing up with mail order degrees and need to know how "good" you husands degree. Here there are regional accreditation boards. If a school here isn't listed with the regions board you may as well throw your money in the trash. If he is going on to school check on that before you had over the money. Here is a link to do that check out college accredition

As for jobs , to manage people his english needs to be good. My Jospeh speaks english well but with a heavy accent. I understand him fine, my sons can't. If your husband can't be understood well then he won't be placed in a management position.

Civil engineering is easier to get into than some of the others. Here in southern California half of the jobs are related to defense contracting and you must be a USC. Check with the state about testing for state certification. I remember all the ME's and CivE's at college taking some hideous test for liciening my senior year. I went to school in NY state . Here is the link for the testing society.

Professional Engineer

The test is kind of like an SAT for engineers. Back in my school days ( many years ago ) passing this was required of both disiplines if they were working on building related jobs. That is why I didn't have to take it, I am a EE. I do remember people going to the test with shopping carts full of books.

Good luck

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.