fantabella

PICS TO SEND AS PROOF OF MARRIAGE

7 posts in this topic

HI! I'm new here and would greatly appreciate any help from you. Just early January my husaband who is in California received an RFE asking for more proofs of our marriage (got married October 2006). He already sent our Marriage Contract, proofs of money transfer and 8 different pictures from when we were still engaged and our civil wedding (that would be in a span of 4 years). He said he just had them printed on normal paper and not photo paper. I wonder if that would make much of a difference?

I already sent him affidavits from witnesses to our wedding which basically said they acted as sponsors and witnesses and since I only stumbled upon this very useful site now I realize that what I had sent him was wrong. I'm thinking of getting affidavits from his mom and biological dad (his adoptive father passed away) and my family attesting to the authenticity of our relationship. He also visited me when I was studying in Italy and I'm thinking of sending passport pages (of the two of us) proving that he was in Italy at the same time I was, backed by pictures of course. We have numerous e-mails more when we were not yet married and am planning to send them as well. I've continued on but let me sum up my main queries:

1. Would it make a difference if the photos we send are printed on normal paper and not on photo paper?

2. Can I send as proof of "marriage" and the authenticity of the relationship our emails and his visits to me even when we weren't married yet (2004-2005)?

When I look at what others have sent, I notice that some have sent less than what we have and were approved. Are my husband and I just unlucky that we got a meticulous official go through our application? I hope that an RFE is just normal because I am getting oh-so-paranoid... :wacko::blink::help:

Thanks so much for your time!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
HI! I'm new here and would greatly appreciate any help from you. Just early January my husaband who is in California received an RFE asking for more proofs of our marriage (got married October 2006). He already sent our Marriage Contract, proofs of money transfer and 8 different pictures from when we were still engaged and our civil wedding (that would be in a span of 4 years). He said he just had them printed on normal paper and not photo paper. I wonder if that would make much of a difference?

I already sent him affidavits from witnesses to our wedding which basically said they acted as sponsors and witnesses and since I only stumbled upon this very useful site now I realize that what I had sent him was wrong. I'm thinking of getting affidavits from his mom and biological dad (his adoptive father passed away) and my family attesting to the authenticity of our relationship. He also visited me when I was studying in Italy and I'm thinking of sending passport pages (of the two of us) proving that he was in Italy at the same time I was, backed by pictures of course. We have numerous e-mails more when we were not yet married and am planning to send them as well. I've continued on but let me sum up my main queries:

1. Would it make a difference if the photos we send are printed on normal paper and not on photo paper?

2. Can I send as proof of "marriage" and the authenticity of the relationship our emails and his visits to me even when we weren't married yet (2004-2005)?

When I look at what others have sent, I notice that some have sent less than what we have and were approved. Are my husband and I just unlucky that we got a meticulous official go through our application? I hope that an RFE is just normal because I am getting oh-so-paranoid... :wacko::blink::help:

Thanks so much for your time!!

Hi,

Proof of Marriage:

in my opinion, it's aLOT better if you submit photo papered pictures and not in ordinary paper.. affidavits sworn to and signed by those people physically present in your wedding day, example (your witnesses , or your parents, and the priest or judge) and have it notarized..

or if you two have joint accounts, or, a child ( his/her birth certificate can be used as a proof that you have marital status.,)

hope it help u abit..

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

hi! it would help if you fill your timeline, as other VJers can help you more if they know at what stage of the visa process you are in now.

for proof of marriage, we only submitted our Marriage Certificate in NSO Security Paper and my CENOMAR secured prior to our wedding. in your case it would be a CEMAR. the pictures, i just brought it along during my interview.

as to issuing affidavits, i dont think they would hold much weight vs. official government records.

just my two cents....

mikeandlani

our Visa Journey

09.01.06 - Filed I130 to VSC

05.21.07 - NOA2

06.19.07 - NVC receives Petition

11.23.07 - CASE COMPLETE

01.30.08 - USEM Interview

02.02.08 - CR1 Visa Received

03.03.08 - Entered US through Detroit International

03.27.08 - Received 2yr Conditional Resident Card

04.01.08 - Filed for my SSN at the local SSA office

04.05.08 - SSN received by mail

05.03.08 - Finally got my Driver's License

lifting conditions....

I-I-751

12.07.09 - Sent I-751 to VSC by express mail

12.08.09 - I-751 delivered to VSC per USPS tracking :-)

12.09.09 - NOA1 date (Checked cashed :-D)

12.14.09 - Received NOA1

12.18.09 - ASC Appointment Notice Date

12.26.09 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

12.31.09 - Early Biometrics

01.14.10 - Biometrics Schedule

02.26.10 - Email update --Card Production ordered

03.02.10 - Email update --Approval Notice sent

03.06.10 - Approval Notice Received

03.08.10 - Card Received

Naturalization

I-N400

09.09.11 - Sent N400 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

09.23.11 - Received 1-797 by mail

11.17.11 - Biometrics Schedule

01.25.12 - Received Interview and Exam Notice by mail

02.28.12 - Interview schedule

03.28.12 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

The affidavits and the supporting documentation were added as a condition to the I-130 as part of the July 30, 2007 revision of the I-130 form. It was not originally listed in the official set of documents that all I-130 petitions must include. In the forms, they said they added this condition due to high rate of marriage fraud.

When I was discussing my convoluted case with a lawyer, he said that affidavits are very helpful in establishing that it is a genuine marriage and that according to the law they do not have to be notarized. He said officially notarizing them should not make a difference as opposed to just signing them. He also said photos help and recommended I take a lot of them when we are together. I do not know if it matters if they be on photo paper as opposed to digital photos on normal paper.

Either way, this will most likely not be a show stopper is the impression my lawyer left me with. At worst, they may have an RFE (request for evidence) at which point you could bring photos and any other documents showing this is a real marriage. Other helpful documents are bank accounts in both of your names, birth certificates of children to both of you, and government issued id (passports, driver's license, etc.) which in some countries included that so and so is your spouse.

Hope this helps.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

Thanks so much for the input. He left a couple of days after our civil marriage so we have no property or bank account with both our names but I have numerous photos. They've already asked for an RFE stating, specifically, the need for affidavits. I will be asking my parents and sisters to make one and my husband is asking his mom and biological dad to do the same. My husband and I are thinking of sending phone bills and additional pictures and other evidence that there had been a relationship even prior the marriage ceremony. I know I'm sending more than what they're asking for but I guess in cases like this it's best to have given more than less...

Timeline
Thanks so much for the input. He left a couple of days after our civil marriage so we have no property or bank account with both our names but I have numerous photos. They've already asked for an RFE stating, specifically, the need for affidavits. I will be asking my parents and sisters to make one and my husband is asking his mom and biological dad to do the same. My husband and I are thinking of sending phone bills and additional pictures and other evidence that there had been a relationship even prior the marriage ceremony. I know I'm sending more than what they're asking for but I guess in cases like this it's best to have given more than less...

Hello,

like what u've said they SPECIFICALLY stated: the affidavits..please scroll up and re-read what i've posted earlier about what kind of affidavit you can submit..

( Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fide of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage)...

you can make the affidavits (i was the one who made our affidavits) and just let our witnesses and presiding judge signed it.. and then i had it notarized..

please be careful with the documents you'll be sending to them so it wont get more complicated. hope it help u abit. thanks

Timeline

AFFIDAVIT - a written statement made on oath, as before a notary public...

sa Phils. the proper way for an affidavit is to have it signed and notarized.. walang mawawala if ipapanotary mo..

evidences we enclosed in our petition IR-130 as proof of marriage ( only the original NSO marriage cert, and affidavits) we didnt enclosed any photos... and we didnt receive RFE...

if you have another question abt the affidavit, pls free to ask.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.