doug & angel

USC going to USEM for the interview .. how fast can you get the visa

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Probably not by law, but I'm just guessing. If you go to the interview, maybe you could refuse to answer any questions and report back on your results.

Kev_n_Jena

Its a question.. I don't need a suggestion to do it...

I am just saying... The whole interview is for her.. Alot of posters are saying alot the of the questions are more towards the petitioner if he's available..

It all depends on the CO. Some don't allow the petitioner in the room, some allow him in but don't talk to him (like in our case), and some will ask him questions. It's the sole decision of the CO, as is approval of VISA pick-up.

The only thing that everyone will agree on is that it's generally a big positive to go, if you can afford it.

We saw lots of women very nervous, some had questions which we could answer. Some were still finishing their forms or gluing on the photos. One lost her numbered ticket and there was a mad scramble for everyone to find it. One went to the wrong window and my fiancee went to find her and get her to the right window.

And, maybe you'll meet some new friends like we did ...

It all depends on the CO. Some don't allow the petitioner in the room, some allow him in but don't talk to him (like in our case), and some will ask him questions. It's the sole decision of the CO, as is approval of VISA pick-up.

The only thing that everyone will agree on is that it's generally a big positive to go, if you can afford it.

We saw lots of women very nervous, some had questions which we could answer. Some were still finishing their forms or gluing on the photos. One lost her numbered ticket and there was a mad scramble for everyone to find it. One went to the wrong window and my fiancee went to find her and get her to the right window.

WoW... Thank You for the answer.. Unlike other sarcastic answers here.. like "What is CFO? Why don't you google it and find out"

So things really get tight in there..

Don't really know this cause i mostly go to the American Citizen Service the one on the Upper Left..

All I know is.. The room on the lower right is packed with people.. Which I didn't want to get in business knowing.

Edited by Roserick

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Timeline
Probably not by law, but I'm just guessing. If you go to the interview, maybe you could refuse to answer any questions and report back on your results.

Kev_n_Jena

I am just saying... The whole interview is for her.. Alot of posters are saying alot the of the questions are more towards the petitioner if he's available..

I decided to go for it. I'm leaving the US tomorrow morning, arriving manila wednesday night. We will be at the USEM at 5:30 Thursday to start the process for our 7:30 appointment ... If your appointment is Thursday and you see a bleary eyed american with a little filipina trying to keep him awake, thats probably us! I can stay until mid-week next week so I'm hoping with our request letter in hand, we can be on our way home together.

Wish us luck!

Our timeline..

06/27/2004 Met on the internet

[....] lots of things happen

02/10/2007 Met in person

[....]

04/11/2007 Sent NOA1

04/19/2007 Receipt Date

04/24/2007 Touch

[....]

06/26/2007 Met in person second time, this time with our kids

[....]

08/24/2007 Called CSC with Lawyer (We were told case was with an officer now)

08/26/2007 Touch

08/29/2007 Touch

08/30/2007 Touch

09/05/2007 Called CSC and was told we now have a RFE that was sent already .. they can't tell us what it is over the phone (#######?)

09/04/2007 RFE Date (sure enough there was one)

09/14/2007 RFE received (for information originally included in the packet)

09/14/2007 RFE response returned.. including letter to the effect the information was already in the package and another copy of same

09/26/2007 REF AGAIN for the same information, looks like a copy of the same letter as before

09/27/2007 RFE response returned via fedex, letter from the lawyer included

[...]

10/01/2007 electronic notification of receipt of RFE information & touch on the website.

10/02/2007 Touch

10/11/2007 Approval notice sent. "On October 9, 2007, we mailed you a notice...."

[...]

11/27/2007 Call to NVC and FINALLY a receipt number.

12/08/2007 Found ourselves on the IPV website and confirmed with a call

[...]

12/22/2007 Third in person meeting, christmas and new years

[...]

01/30/2008 St. Luke's PASSED!!!!

02/07/2008 Embassy APPROVED!!!!

02/11/2008 Pick up Visa

02/14/2008 Arrive @ home in the US

05/01/2009 Green Card Arrived.

Timeline

See you there and Goodluck to both of us!!!

Kev_n_Jena

I decided to go for it. I'm leaving the US tomorrow morning, arriving manila wednesday night. We will be at the USEM at 5:30 Thursday to start the process for our 7:30 appointment ... If your appointment is Thursday and you see a bleary eyed american with a little filipina trying to keep him awake, thats probably us! I can stay until mid-week next week so I'm hoping with our request letter in hand, we can be on our way home together.

Wish us luck!

07-23-2007 Sent I129F to VSC

08-10-2007 NOA1

11-28-2007 NOA2

12-10-2007 Arrives at USEM case number MNL2007834xxx

01-30-2008 Medical

02-07-2008 Interview ((APPROVED))

04-22-2008 POE Chicago

AOS

06-23-2008 AOS sent

07-05-2008 NOA1

07-23-2008 Biometrics

07-28-2008 Case transferred to CSC

08-03-2008 Touched

08-06-2008 Touched

08-07-2008 Touched

08-21-2008 Touched

08-22-2008 Touched

08-23-2008 AP & EAD Approved

08-30-2008 AP received in the mail

09-02-2008 EAD received in the mail

09-19-2008 AOS card production ordered

09-22-2008 AOS touched

09-23-2008 AOS approval notice sent

09-24-2008 AOS touched, welcome notice arrived in the mail

09-26-2008 GC received

9095.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.