MelindaandTarek

Happy Thursday

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Both Sparrow and Sara lost their jobs recentally. This is something to watch with the economy drop this early in the first quarter. I hope you both can recover and get jobs soon before the second quarter!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

No Ugly Betty tonight because of Lost!! :crying: *grumbles*

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

thanks for the well wishes, guys :)

I'm trying to see it as a blessing in disguise, hey I'll take some unemployment for a while and enjoy my daughter. I WOULD think the timing was suspicious regarding maternity leave and all, but the fact is I work for a mortgage company and times are tough in my industry. They laid off 6 people (out of a total staff of 21) so it was pretty ugly. My boss cried when she did it and I was the first of the day so I can be the first to be called back. Everyone is trying to be optimistic and hope for a change late spring or early summer. So I guess we'll just tighten our belts around here and see what we can do....

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Bridget - (F) hang in there.......wisdom spoken from my grandmother who told me, now Melinda anything good is never easy...and well easy is boring!!!!!!

Nagi - ty - and thanks for ur support and encouragement here to me as well as others...

sereia - -yeah for ur hubbys employment authorization!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

your due so soon.... anytime now, how exciting :dance:

Well baby doesnt really get the element of surprise this time. Unless I go into labor, or show signs of it, we're scheduled for c-section on the 18th. Its a load off my mind knowing the exact date, but Im still kinda hoping he wants to come out a little earlier. Im exhausted.

I was 2 1/2 weeks early with my first and then scheduled a section for my second and was 3 1/2 weeks early for her too so you JUST never know! ;)

Start dancing and chanting from him to come out ya'll. Mom's bringing my bassinet and baby bath tonight so Ill be ready. He can pop out anytime after I get the bassinet put together :lol: Although I would prefer he not do it on the living room rug, I dont own a steam cleaner.

thanks for the well wishes, guys :)

You can use the time to give us some much anticipated baby pics. I have to live vicariously through someone until I get to hold my own little one. And is that red hair I spy on her new pic? Hmmmm...

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sara, the latest pic is cute. Your daughter is sooo adorable! I think everyone here has fallen in love with her. :luv:

Sorry to hear about your job, but as others have said, perhaps it's a great opportunity and something better is coming along.

Best wishes to you and your family!

(F)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

sara does our neice have a tooth growing?????? Is that why her finger is in her mouth or is she contemplating your new financial predicament? My oldest was 3 months when she got her first tooth. Whoever spots the first one has to buy her first pair of Stride Rites. :)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

no tooth yet but a LOT of drooling and shoving of the fist into the mouth. Actually this week she is learning to laugh and its SO cute. she laughs at just about anything her brother says or does. she's very smitten with him.

as for the red hair, it certainly has a red glint to it in the sun. Both Adnan and I laugh about her coloring, I was so sure she would be a little dark moroccan looking baby but instead its like she looks like him but with my coloring (although I am at this point in my life a little unsure of my real hair color :P but its NOT red! )

anyway, at least now I will have ample time to play photographer and update my signature regularly with some better quality pics.

Now we just need Gabi's boy to get here so we can start arranging a marriage LOL

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline
no tooth yet but a LOT of drooling and shoving of the fist into the mouth. Actually this week she is learning to laugh and its SO cute. she laughs at just about anything her brother says or does. she's very smitten with him.

as for the red hair, it certainly has a red glint to it in the sun. Both Adnan and I laugh about her coloring, I was so sure she would be a little dark moroccan looking baby but instead its like she looks like him but with my coloring (although I am at this point in my life a little unsure of my real hair color :P but its NOT red! )

anyway, at least now I will have ample time to play photographer and update my signature regularly with some better quality pics.

Now we just need Gabi's boy to get here so we can start arranging a marriage LOL

Oh goody a wedding. I love weddings. :dance: We doing henna? :unsure:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline
They said 10 days after receiving my fiances passport back it should be returned corrected .....thats 2 days before valentines counting only working days. I just feel so very anxious. I swear I will have Post tramatic stress disorder once this is all through :(

I got laid off yesterday. Kinda freaking out, but at least for now I can have a little extra time with my baby.....

Im sorry sara ... That is such hard news... but when one door closes another will surely open :thumbs:

Water, you can join my therapy group. :lol:

Sara: Water is right about how things turn out. I lost my job mid month and got my dream job last week. Then I got called back to job 1, and when I told him I had just been offered this great part time job, he agreed to work my hours around it. :dance: So now I get both. :D

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

I think Mehdi will like older women ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.